What Hobbies do you have?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weedygarden

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter

Certainly not a complete list. Add your own if it is not on the list.​

https://www.midliferambler.com/find...est&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=social-pug

Creative & Crafting Hobbies​

DIY Hobbies​

Fabric & Textile Hobbies​

Food & Drink Hobbies​

Last edited:

Hobbies for Animal Lovers​

Hobbies for Music Lovers​

Hobbies for Relaxation and Stress Relief​

Hobbies that Help Others​

Hobbies to Learn New Things​

Outdoor Hobbies​

Physically Active Hobbies​

Social Hobbies​

These are the things that I am or have been involved with. I like to work with my hands and to make things.

Candle Making
Paint by Numbers (when I was a kid)
Pottery
Scrapbooking
Wreath Making

DIY Hobbies​

• Restoring Furniture
  • Upcycling
  • Woodworking
  • Cross Stitching
  • Embroidery
  • Quilting
  • Sewing

• Baking
  • International Cuisines
Play an instrument
Jigsaw puzzles
Tutoring
Genealogy
Bird Watching
Camping
Fishing
Foraging
Gardening
Hiking
Board Games

Last edited:
Candle Making
Paint by Numbers (when I was a kid)
Pottery
Scrapbooking
Wreath Making

DIY Hobbies​

• Restoring Furniture
  • Upcycling
  • Woodworking
  • Cross Stitching
  • Embroidery
  • Quilting
  • Sewing

• Baking
  • International Cuisines
Play an instrument
Jigsaw puzzles
Tutoring
Genealogy
Bird Watching
Camping
Fishing
Foraging
Gardening
Hiking
Board Games
Very thorough lists...
However, I did not see: "Drink'n beer and watchin' Nascar!"🤪.

where is "watching Asian dramas on youtube" ? :)

SOme of the things on your lists are things we do for a living ( raising livestock , having chickens), some are for our survival ( baking and cooking)

I guess I never had a traditional hobby

no wait, of course we did, wargaming (basically playing games) does that count?

where is "watching Asian dramas on youtube" ? :)

SOme of the things on your lists are things we do for a living ( raising livestock , having chickens), some are for our survival ( baking and cooking)

I guess I never had a traditional hobby

no wait, of course we did, wargaming (basically playing games) does that count?
It is a list I found. I think anyone can add what their hobbies are, even if they are not on the list. Drinking beer, watching Nascar and watching Asian movies isn't on my list, but probably is on yours. What else would you add to the possible hobbies?

It is a list I found. I think anyone can add what their hobbies are, even if they are not on the list. Drinking beer, watching Nascar and watching Asian movies isn't on my list, but probably is on yours. What else would you add to the possible hobbies?
I watch other stuff also, it's my way of relaxing after all the work we do every day. Before we moved here, my hobby would have been exercising (various things, step aerobics, yoga, running, martial arts, on trips hiking and rock climbing and my favorite downhill skiing)

Right now however, the Chinese drama I am watching is making me so stressed I have to watch something else for a while LOL, there are 2 episodes left, and I don't want a bad ending but many Chinese ones do have that. So I am avoiding . Will watch it later

A few, most cost way too much.
Backpacking, fishing, travel, photography, chess, camping. I would include gardening which I thoroghly enjoy but now days is more to eat better and save money.
Edit to add: smoking a fine cigar and reading

Last edited:
Earlier this winter I was gifted a BIG tote of paracord of all kinds and how to books.. Over a number of years I have made and gave away many paracord shotgun pull through bore cleaners meant to be carried in a day pack..

I hope to branch out and learn to make a rifle sling.. And some other outdoor projects..

Funny watching TV and playing video games are not on the list and are what so many folks do every day 😕

Mine are just what I call life but:
Quilting, other forms of needlework, soap making, candle making, gardening, wood getting, sewing, food preservation & preparation, pickin on critters 😍, communicating with friends/family, camping, reading, making chocolates, not sure what else off the top of my head.

Great lists, Weedy!!
I saw one that I've always wanted to learn, bird watching.

I used to wood work, back when I worked in lumberyards and had access to free wood. Still have all my tools, electrical and old time hand tools.

One hobby I have had for over 65 years, and still practice every day, is the study of military history. especially World War 2.

I like seeing the long lists. Having recently spending a lot of time with senior folks, it occurred to me that those with long lists and very wide topics of interest seem to age better than single minded people?

As we age, some things are bound to fall off of that list, but if you focus on those things you still can do, life can be enjoyable much longer?

Guns, Golf, Gear, Cigars, Reading, Baseball, Volleyball, and the history of the Old West.

I like seeing the long lists. Having recently spending a lot of time with senior folks, it occurred to me that those with long lists and very wide topics of interest seem to age better than single minded people?

As we age, some things are bound to fall off of that list, but if you focus on those things you still can do, life can be enjoyable much longer?
There are communities where people can retire and there are plenty of activities. I know someone who lives in this community in Ohio. There are more than 50 clubs or groups that people can participate in including woodworking, singing, pottery, quilting, and many sports activities.

Reading, naps, Amateur radio (HAM)(Emergency response), Garden trains (G scale), shooting, and fishing. After we move, get training as a Range Officer at the local club.
You forgot cat-sitting.
Ham radio, some of the radio contests I play in I’m usually in the top 5 for my contest class (100 watts) in my 3 state region and sometimes first or second in my state.

Of course, all my hobbies except sleeping cost a lot of money.
I tell hubby he’s an expensive date: his hobbies are expensive too- motorbikes, skiing, fly fishing, blacksmithing witch has become part of his occupation.

I forgot skiing yesterday.

I used to carve in my youth and in the navy.

I always liked models like ships tanks, and planes.

I enjoy learning new skills and the tools/supplies required for those tasks. I must confess that the skills and capability that would be in high demand come TEOTWAWKI are of interest to me.

I also try to preserve knowledge in book form.

And then there my hobby of keeping track of military tech.

I am in to a bunch of stuff but switch back and forth like a will if the wisp.

Ben

There are communities where people can retire and there are plenty of activities. I know someone who lives in this community in Ohio. There are more than 50 clubs or groups that people can participate in including woodworking, singing, pottery, quilting, and many sports activities.

Very nice, but if I have to go to a place like that, shoot me.:p

One thing I noticed is how hobbies encroach on life- I once would have said baking- but now it's just life.

I knit, paint, make cards, felted pictures, read and write. Though the last two are now jobs. I didn't add gardening because for me its an essential. I also collect items useful for mixed media pieces, which I rarely get to do so, and the same goes for the all the bits of material I've kept.

Since I quit working for the man and my personal emancipation proclamation eleven years ago to the date next week! It's kinda difficult to differentiate my hobbies from my livelihood. They have inner twined?

Hay, firewood, stocks, lambs, bikes, motorbikes, cars, guns, archery, metal fab, mechanics, leather, reading, writing, learning, health, lifting weights, hiking, dog training, cooking, and swapping lies?

Latest posts

Back