What I saw today...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sentry I disagree, I'm much older than you and this is not true. Nothing like today anyway. The kids use to have chores and some even worked in mines and dangerous factories, which is true. But even these kids grew up on the most part and became productive adults.
Did we have problem kids and bad parents ,yes we did but the numbers were small. It was a matter of survival for all o work at home and sometimes away.
Many were first generation immigrants who had came from Italy, Ireland. Many of the Italians formed mafias. The Irish were treated very badly in some places.
We had just gotten over WW1 , Great Depression and then Dust Bowl. Times were hard, but many good people and their kids came out of it very well considering the times. My grandfather born in mid 1800s being one of them.

Yep, rose colored glasses. You don't things like child labor laws, child protective services, laws against child abuse, etc. came into existence because the good old days were really the good old days? Nope, they came into existence because horrible things that happened to children were either brought to light or those kids grew up and didn't want it to happen to anyone else. My grandad was an LEO from the 1940's-1960's, my dad was an LEO from the 1960's-1990's and I have been an LEO since the 1990's. Everyone of us can (could) tell story after story after story about horrible kids, horrible parents, and horrible things happening to and by both groups. The primary difference was with each generation the news traveled farther and faster and families and communities went from keeping their shame a secret to making everything wildly public. If anything it's harder to get away with child abuse now than it was in my granddad's day and the unruly immoral kids are now captured on cell phone cameras versus always just getting away with it.

My childhood friend married a woman he met in Thailand when he was in Air Force VNam war. She had a hard time getting use to our ways and missed her family. But she loved it after awhile. Glad your wife is already lovin it.

My wife went to university in the States, and spent a lot of time there before we met. She knows what she got herself into.

@Justin76 hey getting off topic is the least of our worries, eh?
It's all part of the talking, the conversation.
I mentioned to someone earlier today that one of my kids was so shocked when she went to college...that her roommates, whom she had never met before, were irresponsible and untrained at keeping house. Live like a bunch of slobs. Except for the one or two here and there that would roll in and act like the Red Queen and want to run the place like a barracks. lol
Then there's my daughter who wants a clean, not smelly, a little clutter okay, place to live.
Example: they would put full bowls or plates of food they no were no longer interested in eating in the sink. To sit. FOR DAYS, to the point of growing mold. One roomie, in the 6 months she lived in apartment, never did her laundry. She'd pick things up and smell them to decide they were okay to wear. She didn't bathe much. (She was also a thrill-seeker-thief, but that's an entirely different subject). I'm glad they had clean checks by the housing authority once a week.

Talking about the slaves/servants, prisoners with jobs...what will they be like if they ever get out from under it?
I heard or read that Bill Gates and other wealthy folks do not allow their children to have more than X hours of screen time a day. They keep their children real.
Of course, I don't think their kids would be unloading a dishwasher, doing their laundry, sweeping a floor or cleaning out the fridge.

@Justin76 hey getting off topic is the least of our worries, eh?
It's all part of the talking, the conversation.
I mentioned to someone earlier today that one of my kids was so shocked when she went to college...that her roommates, whom she had never met before, were irresponsible and untrained at keeping house. Live like a bunch of slobs. Except for the one or two here and there that would roll in and act like the Red Queen and want to run the place like a barracks. lol
Then there's my daughter who wants a clean, not smelly, a little clutter okay, place to live.
Example: they would put full bowls or plates of food they no were no longer interested in eating in the sink. To sit. FOR DAYS, to the point of growing mold. One roomie, in the 6 months she lived in apartment, never did her laundry. She'd pick things up and smell them to decide they were okay to wear. She didn't bathe much. (She was also a thrill-seeker-thief, but that's an entirely different subject). I'm glad they had clean checks by the housing authority once a week.

Talking about the slaves/servants, prisoners with jobs...what will they be like if they ever get out from under it?
I heard or read that Bill Gates and other wealthy folks do not allow their children to have more than X hours of screen time a day. They keep their children real.
Of course, I don't think their kids would be unloading a dishwasher, doing their laundry, sweeping a floor or cleaning out the fridge.

A lot of these domestic helpers, send money back home. The pittance they are paid is a lot of money back home. A lot of these woman support their family and husbands and kids.
The lucky single ones meet a foreigner in wanchai and get pregnant and married. The unfortunate ones get tricked into working in wanchai as prostitutes....

Some end up borrowing money from lenders at 25-40% intrest or sign for friends and get stuck with the debt.

A lot get money sent home a lot dont.
Some end up stealing, prostitutes

Its a whole other post I could write....

Yep, rose colored glasses. You don't things like child labor laws, child protective services, laws against child abuse, etc. came into existence because the good old days were really the good old days? Nope, they came into existence because horrible things that happened to children were either brought to light or those kids grew up and didn't want it to happen to anyone else. My grandad was an LEO from the 1940's-1960's, my dad was an LEO from the 1960's-1990's and I have been an LEO since the 1990's. Everyone of us can (could) tell story after story after story about horrible kids, horrible parents, and horrible things happening to and by both groups. The primary difference was with each generation the news traveled farther and faster and families and communities went from keeping their shame a secret to making everything wildly public. If anything it's harder to get away with child abuse now than it was in my granddad's day and the unruly immoral kids are now captured on cell phone cameras versus always just getting away with it.

I didn't make myself clear or you closed off on it? :dunno:

My point was.........although the generations pass also suffered abuse they managed to over come it. Where todays younger generation have not had hard times or hard work and stiff to overcome. Their idea of pain is losing web signal. :comp bullet. I can't imagine them in our streets and schools today over coming any real adversity.
Also most of those kids had mothers at home and fathers. Todays mothers are at work and most fathers are gone. It is just a different world and culture and imo not a better one far as immorality and society as a whole.

@Sentry18 I came from such a household where my parents should not have ever been parents and abuse abounded from both. I can say it definitely went on earlier than today but there was not the systems in place that these things could be reported to and then if a child did say something they were not believed anyway.

I had a teacher in grade 2 who would bite, jab our arms with lead pencils and throw chalk dusters at most of the children. Personally I was involved in reporting this teacher at a young age and something was done about her and she was removed from teaching, but only because I convinced other children to report what was happening to them too.

Still today I think some people were born not to be parents and will never be cut out for it.

@Sentry18
...I think some people were born not to be parents and will never be cut out for it.

Very true.

Like I say all the time, the world is the same today as it was 2,000 years ago. The only difference is that we have removed much of what natural selection provided us. Today people survive and are often provided for that would have surely died off in the days of old. And that has allowed population numbers to increase dramatically. Numbers which magnify issues that have always been. I have a book that details incredible amounts of depravity, neglect, abuse, horrific acts, etc. that took place long ago. It's called the Bible. Fortunately it also offers a path out of it.

@Sentry18 I came from such a household where my parents should not have ever been parents and abuse abounded from both. I can say it definitely went on earlier than today but there was not the systems in place that these things could be reported to and then if a child did say something they were not believed anyway.

I had a teacher in grade 2 who would bite, jab our arms with lead pencils and throw chalk dusters at most of the children. Personally I was involved in reporting this teacher at a young age and something was done about her and she was removed from teaching, but only because I convinced other children to report what was happening to them too.

Still today I think some people were born not to be parents and will never be cut out for it.

Well the NWO is fixing all that for us, get a load of the looks of these freaky looking people we now call teachers. :eyeballs: Talking about a DRESS CODE emergency? I wouldn't want the looks of these Antifa looking libs to mow my grass much less be anywhere near my kids 7 hours a day. :facepalm::devil:

Very true.

Like I say all the time, the world is the same today as it was 2,000 years ago. The only difference is that we have removed much of what natural selection provided us. Today people survive and are often provided for that would have surely died off in the days of old. And that has allowed population numbers to increase dramatically. Numbers which magnify issues that have always been. I have a book that details incredible amounts of depravity, neglect, abuse, horrific acts, etc. that took place long ago. It's called the Bible. Fortunately it also offers a path out of it.

Sentry, if only half of what you say here about yourself is true and I think it is, then your a good father, husband ' and me being corny' Great American.:green man:
BUT, you do have a problem with having to always be right. We all do to a certain extent its human nature. :huggs:

Sentry, if only half of what you say here about yourself is true and I think it is, then your a good father, husband ' and me being corny' Great American.:green man:
BUT, you do have a problem with having to always be right. We all do to a certain extent its human nature. :huggs:

As we have discussed before, there is a difference between one's opinion and a fact. Opinions are not right or wrong, they are what a person believes to be true. There is no requirement that an opinion be factually accurate and and thus one's opinion is always "right" for that person. The entire point of a discussion forum is to discuss matters and express your opinion and debate the opinions of others. In doing so we rarely sway the debaters but often provide food for thought for those who are undecided or not settled on a set of beliefs.

And of course I am a Great American.
happyunitedstatesflag.gif

As we have discussed before, there is a difference between one's opinion and a fact. Opinions are not right or wrong, they are what a person believes to be true. There is no requirement that an opinion be factually accurate and and thus one's opinion is always "right" for that person. The entire point of a discussion forum is to discuss matters and express your opinion and debate the opinions of others. In doing so we rarely sway the debaters but often provide food for thought for those who are undecided or not settled on a set of beliefs.

And of course I am a Great American. View attachment 5451

See what I mean.:D

Ive heard a lot about Guangzhou. Ms Chen says "They Are Not Even Human". Ms Chen is from Shanghai. She went to school with "Lady Peng".

Guangzhou people have a saying...if its back is facing heaven its edible...very sneaky and always trying to get over on something or someone is the only way to describe it.
Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Hong Kong are all eventually going to be one mega city, its in China's grand plans.
As horrible as this place is there are still some nice areas and a few people that are still human. Not many but a few left.

My wife's family is from Shanghai and Qingdao, the Japanese drove them out of Qingdao and the Communist chased them out of Shanghai. Shanghai is an amazing city, very polluted and horrid traffic but an amazing city if you like to eat!
Totally different kind of Chinese from that area. Very business savvy and the ladies are what you would see in the old Communist propaganda paintings, tall, beautiful and very strong willed. But also the most generous and friendly people are from that part of northern China. I think its the cold....

Ms Chens Grand Parents were in Textiles for hundreds of years(Very Rich). He Mother went to private School and speaks 5 Languages. She was a Famous Singer in China. Mao Took the Families Money, Business and Home. Her Grand Parents were under House Arrest and had to check in with a "Party Official" every 7 days. Ms Chens Father was an Officer in the Chinese Army, wounded in Korea. Found in a Pile of Dead Bodies by American Marines. Sent to an Army Hospital, then traded back. He retired, became a Mayor. Because of his experience, in that Hospital, beside American soldiers, He told Ms Chen that she must do everything she can to get to America, "Because God Lives There". Mao Sent a Garbage Truck to T Bone His Limo and killed him. His driver was blamed and Executed, when she was 10. Ms Chen was a "Professional Swimmer/ Platform Diver". She tried to escape 6 times, was caught 5. On the sixth time she made it to Guam( probably in a Shipping container or on a Run down fishing boat) and received a Path to Citizenship under Regan's "Friendship Program". She does not talk about what happened to her after she was caught, only the "Forced Abortion" of a Baby Boy and selling herself to keep her Mothers home, that was part of her Fathers pension, The Party even tried to take that. When she got enough money, here in the US, she paid the Family 10 times what they gave for her. She got to the "Bay Area", worked to help her Brother start a Shipping Company here and another Brother start one in Shanghai. They are Billionaires Today. I have never met anyone like her.

I don't have "Yellow Fever". I have Respect. American Women lost their Glow "In My Eyes".

Ms Chens Grand Parents were in Textiles for hundreds of years(Very Rich). He Mother went to private School and speaks 5 Languages. She was a Famous Singer in China. Mao Took the Families Money, Business and Home. Her Grand Parents were under House Arrest and had to check in with a "Party Official" every 7 days. Ms Chens Father was an Officer in the Chinese Army, wounded in Korea. Found in a Pile of Dead Bodies by American Marines. Sent to an Army Hospital, then traded back. He retired, became a Mayor. Because of his experience, in that Hospital, beside American soldiers, He told Ms Chen that she must do everything she can to get to America, "Because God Lives There". Mao Sent a Garbage Truck to T Bone His Limo and killed him. His driver was blamed and Executed, when she was 10. Ms Chen was a "Professional Swimmer/ Platform Diver". She tried to escape 6 times, was caught 5. On the sixth time she made it to Guam( probably in a Shipping container or on a Run down fishing boat) and received a Path to Citizenship under Regan's "Friendship Program". She does not talk about what happened to her after she was caught, only the "Forced Abortion" of a Baby Boy and selling herself to keep her Mothers home, that was part of her Fathers pension, The Party even tried to take that. When she got enough money, here in the US, she paid the Family 10 times what they gave for her. She got to the "Bay Area", worked to help her Brother start a Shipping Company here and another Brother start one in Shanghai. They are Billionaires Today. I have never met anyone like her.

I don't have "Yellow Fever". I have Respect. American Women lost their Glow "In My Eyes".

That is the type of Americans the US needs, one thing about the older generation of Chinese in Hong Kong, they work and know what suffering and hardship is. They also value Hard Work!
My wifes mother was much the same as your Ms. Chen's family, her family was a very wealthy family in Shanghai, her grandfather was a Mandarin judge before the Japanese invaded. He was killed, family lost it all, smuggled in a train to Hong Kong. Came here with nothing but a few hidden gold bracelets. Worked their way to Hawaii and San Francisco then back to HK and worked hard and made back what they lost.
My wifes grandfather, married his love, paid for her so she wouldn't be sold and married off to another man. She was one of the last women with bound feet, She walked everyday after they made it to Hong Kong to the market, with her sons on her back on little mangled feet. Amazing people who knew that life can only get worse but there is always a way out if you work hard.
During the revolution her grandfather smuggled aid to his hometown in Qingdao so they wouldn't starve. He now has a park in his name there. My wife's father took up the torch on that and is still working to better his family hometown.
My wife inherited their work ethics and busts her backside, doing a Masters degree, house wife, mother, artist and counselor.
The younger generation of Chinese seemed to forgotten what their grandparents went through and are pissing away what they earned.

Well your one of the few who feel that way about ' American' women. I guess you don't consider Ms.Chen an American woman ?

That is the type of Americans the US needs, one thing about the older generation of Chinese in Hong Kong, they work and know what suffering and hardship is. They also value Hard Work!
My wifes mother was much the same as your Ms. Chen's family, her family was a very wealthy family in Shanghai, her grandfather was a Mandarin judge before the Japanese invaded. He was killed, family lost it all, smuggled in a train to Hong Kong. Came here with nothing but a few hidden gold bracelets. Worked their way to Hawaii and San Francisco then back to HK and worked hard and made back what they lost.
My wifes grandfather, married his love, paid for her so she wouldn't be sold and married off to another man. She was one of the last women with bound feet, She walked everyday after they made it to Hong Kong to the market, with her sons on her back on little mangled feet. Amazing people who knew that life can only get worse but there is always a way out if you work hard.
During the revolution her grandfather smuggled aid to his hometown in Qingdao so they wouldn't starve. He now has a park in his name there. My wife's father took up the torch on that and is still working to better his family hometown.
My wife inherited their work ethics and busts her backside, doing a Masters degree, house wife, mother, artist and counselor.
The younger generation of Chinese seemed to forgotten what their grandparents went through and are pissing away what they earned.
Ill say it again. "Well Done Sir".

Well your one of the few who feel that way about ' American' women. I guess you don't consider Ms.Chen an American woman ?
I don't have anything to Compare her to. I didn't know Molly Pitcher. I didn't say that I don't like "American Women". LOL
Ms Chen can Quote the Constitution. She makes me feel Less "American" than I thought I was.
1623499_522662227855143_679740476_n.jpg

Seems progress makes people lazy and complacent. Like Rome America is going down fast. Self loathing and no pride in their ethnicity and culture are even more damaging to a people than anything else.
Hard times seem to build character.
Every nation on this earth has had slaves and many still do. Yet the only ones who are ridiculed for it are the only ones who were actually who abolished it first .First in the north and later forced to the south.
But it is not just one nation going down it is all of the nations of the world being sucked up into the NWO. And it is looking like the white elites and their allies are the ones behind it all. It is surely us who are allowing the coming world persecution.

I don't have anything to Compare her to. I didn't know Molly Pitcher. I didn't say that I don't like "American Women". LOL
Ms Chen can Quote the Constitution. She makes me feel Less "American" than I thought I was.View attachment 5472

RestO second time you put up pic but which one is you?
If I misunderstood your post then I apologize but even though we are a lost cause I'm still very defensive about all the hate on whites going on today. I'll be the first to admit our failures and faults and do quite often but I'll also be the first to defend us.
I'll never accept that all people have the right to be proud of who they are but mine.
Negative actions cause negative reactions. This is why we are so divided today and being destroyed from the inside out ,not good fro any of us white or non white .

RestO second time you put up pic but which one is you?
If I misunderstood your post then I apologize but even though we are a lost cause I'm still very defensive about all the hate on whites going on today. I'll be the first to admit our failures and faults and do quite often but I'll also be the first to defend us.
I'll never accept that all people have the right to be proud of who they are but mine.
Negative actions cause negative reactions. This is why we are so divided today and being destroyed from the inside out ,not good fro any of us white or non white .
You didn't offend me. I know what you must feel, when some of us Guys "GUSH" over a "Traditional Chinese Lady". Its hard to explain. Im the Guy on the left, 3 yrs 8mos in the Corps.(E5 with No "Contract Promotions") The guy on the right was Lt Col Beckwith, hell of a Human and an Outstanding F4 Pilot (He was my CO at the time). This was an Award given in Private on behalf of a Foreign Govt. Wait What? LOL

PS This was in the 70s. "Americans" were Spitting on me in Airports. Im not bitter, don't get me wrong, but I see "Americans" from a Different point of View. They Love Me "Over There". LOL

Last edited:
Kids are repaying their parents in different ways.

My nephew 10 y.o daughter went to school mad at them ... and scratched a hole in her leg. .. teacher reported it to Family Services. In come cops and worker, with warrant to take all 4 of their kids to orphanage for child abuse...

My daughter tried that on me. She came home from Junior-high (puberty) and said she was going to report me for child abuse! I'm the disciplinarian in the family and I'd guess with me out of the way she would rule!

I told her there was the phone. She said she was serious and I told her I was too. I also told her while I was in jail I would not be working. No work meant no income which meant there would not be a roof over her head, food on the table for her to eat and no place for her to sleep. She looked back at me and said she figured I'd come up with something...

You didn't offend me. I know what you must feel, when some of us Guys "GUSH" over a "Traditional Chinese Lady". Its hard to explain. Im the Guy on the left, 3 yrs 8mos in the Corps.(E5 with No "Contract Promotions") The guy on the right was Lt Col Beckwith, hell of a Human and an Outstanding F4 Pilot (He was my CO at the time). This was an Award given in Private on behalf of a Foreign Govt. Wait What? LOL

PS This was in the 70s. "Americans" were Spitting on me in Airports. Im not bitter, don't get me wrong, but I see "Americans" from a Different point of View. They Love Me "Over There". LOL

Nice picture of you.
RestO, I heard of the mistreatment of vets coming back from Nam, but never witnessed it. I did see some radicals once cussing our troops and one came up to my car window, I was so mad I rolled the window up on his head and almost slapped him.
I became against the war but NEVER against the ones fighting it. And anyone that was anti- troop urned me into a ' radical ' nobody would have spit on you in front of me without being spit on right back. I was very defensive about our vets,seen too much pain for them not to be.

My daughter tried that on me. She came home from Junior-high (puberty) and said she was going to report me for child abuse! I'm the disciplinarian in the family and I'd guess with me out of the way she would rule!

I told her there was the phone. She said she was serious and I told her I was too. I also told her while I was in jail I would not be working. No work meant no income which meant there would not be a roof over her head, food on the table for her to eat and no place for her to sleep. She looked back at me and said she figured I'd come up with something...

Yes sometimes we have to wake em up to reality. Good job Lazy.:D :thumbs up:

Guangzhou people have a saying...if its back is facing heaven its edible...very sneaky and always trying to get over on something or someone is the only way to describe it.
Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Hong Kong are all eventually going to be one mega city, its in China's grand plans.
As horrible as this place is there are still some nice areas and a few people that are still human. Not many but a few left.

My wife's family is from Shanghai and Qingdao, the Japanese drove them out of Qingdao and the Communist chased them out of Shanghai. Shanghai is an amazing city, very polluted and horrid traffic but an amazing city if you like to eat!
Totally different kind of Chinese from that area. Very business savvy and the ladies are what you would see in the old Communist propaganda paintings, tall, beautiful and very strong willed. But also the most generous and friendly people are from that part of northern China. I think its the cold....
Never Eat "Hot Pot".

Latest posts

Back