What is Everyone reading right now?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This isn't a political book....it's more of a thriller. It was made into a movie by Paramount (in the 70's, I think) starring Robert Redford. It was a short book, otherwise I probably wouldn't have bothered. I have some political books that mostly just sit on the shelf. Although, I have read some of Dinesh D'Souza's books.

Yeah, the only reason I watch CBS news sometimes is to see what the other side is reporting. Now, I just cannot stand Nora O'donell.....she grates on my last nerve. At least Jeff Glor's personna was tolerable, even though I didn't like his reporting.

Oh ,ok I'll have to see if I can watch the movie till I can see if I want to read the book. :Thankyou:

Book about Stevie Ray Vaughan called "Texas Flood The Inside Story of Stevie Ray Vaughan", by Alan Paul and Andy Aledort.
So far it is actually about his childhood, school years, family life and his older brother's influence on his music. Sometimes bios on music people take the reader down the dark and nasty of sex and drugs and I'm hoping that is not focused on in this book with descriptive elements.

Reading a book I borrowed from my uncle who tends to find good historical info. It's called "Plains Woman". It's the diary of Martha Farnsworth from 1882-1922. Interesting to read as telephones were introduced, indoor plumbing, electric lights etc. also the news of the Titanic sinking and presidential elections and so forth.

Currently reading The Eye of God by James Rollins.

eog.jpg

Next up, undecided, but a high probability I'll start in on Dust by Hugh Howey.

dust.jpg

I am not reading at this time, but my son is reading "Twelve rules for life" by Jordan Peterson

I'm re-reading "98.6 Degrees - The Art of Keeping Your Ass Alive" by Cody Lundin. It's kind of strange and goofy, probably because Cody Lundin is kind of strange and goofy, but it's chock full of interesting and useful tidbits that make you go, "Huh. Well, that makes sense..."

I am a voracious reader. Just finished two Robert Crais novels this weekend. Lee Childs (Jack Reacher), John Grisham, Nelson DeMille are favorites also. One of the banes of getting older; you outlive some of your favorite authors. Robert B. Parker (Jesse Stone, Spenser for Hire); Elmore Leonard have past. Someone is ghost writing for Robert B. Parker continuing the Jesse Stone series.

Elmore Leonard is the best writer you never heard of. Dozens of his books were made into movies. The Justified TV series was based on his short stories, and he was part of the original writing crew. He passed away before the series left the air.

I love reading about the Old West and the Civil War, and have a rather extensive collection. Gee, I wonder where that avatar came from. I have read many survival books and guides. Those I include in my BOB.

Latest posts

Back