What.........One thing triggered the 1920's economic Market collapse....???

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that crash was orchestrated by the banksters at the top. like all stockmarket stuff Nothing to see here just conspiracy theory

We are overdue for a recession.
They come in cycles, averaging one every seven years.
Will the next one be as bad as 2007?
Who knows.
Will there be another Great Depression?
Again, who knows.

DEBT !!

on all levels...and living way beyond our means....just read the analysis section to see amount folks had borrowed and more..in hope of gaining/making more money...sound familiar?

side note..read part about wheat and such....now fast forward to now..China just canceled 2 wheat orders with the u.s. totaling half a million tons...just saying

note #2....people put ALL their money in bank..banks closed and poof that was it...this happened to some bank system out in Utah/Nevada area back in 08ish when things got crazy on 2.0version.

Folgers Credit Union and Trust !

Last edited:
We are overdue for a recession.
They come in cycles, averaging one every seven years.
Will the next one be as bad as 2007?
Who knows.
Will there be another Great Depression?
Again, who knows.
Let me pour in a little more 'conspiracy-soup' into this, the recent rise in PM prices has me concerned.
When large investors slowly, quietly, and steadily pull billion$ out of the stock market, they put it into something '100% safe' like PM's.
When there is much more buying of PM's than selling, prices rise.
Maybe they have caught a glimpse of the pallets of pre-printed, completed ballots for November?:dunno:
Imagine if you will... an additional repeat of the last 4 years!:oops:.
(Just me reading the silly tea-leaves :rolleyes:)

Last edited:
Let me pour in a little more 'conspiracy-soup' into this, the recent rise in PM prices has me concerned.
When large investors slowly, quietly, and steadily pull billion$ out of the stock market, they put it into something '100% safe' like PM's.
Maybe they have caught a glimpse of the pallets of pre-printed, completed ballots for November?:dunno:
I read weeks ago, on the only news site I truly visit the Daily Mail US Edition, that a number of immensely rich people were dumping billions of dollars of stock. It named the sellers, and how much they sold.
My memory has been bad for years, I can not recall specifics, except that it sounded bad.
And the fact the American government run media did not report it is even worse.

There were several big contributing factors, an overvalued stock market, unsecured debt, poorly run banks highly leveraged without adequate reserves, and other factor. When panic hit, the whole Ponzi scheme fell and nothing could stop it.

Derivitives....they are the boogy man..
Yep. That was what led to the 2008 downfall.
Banks got sucked into them, and the reason they have to undergo 'stress-tests' today.
Thirty-two banks will be tested this year, in comparison to the 23 banks in 2023. The annual stress test evaluates the resilience of large banks by estimating losses, net revenue, and capital levels—which provide a cushion against losses—under hypothetical recession scenarios that extend two years into the future.

Last edited:
I am not arguing your point, but....
If I was to invest in precious metals it would not be when the prices are sky high. Years ago the prices were a bit more reasonable, 15 years ago gold was under $1000 per ounce. 8 years ago it was just over $1000 per ounce and the price held reasonably steady until about 5 years ago..... just before the covid fiasco. I would not be interested in buying it now at over $2300 an ounce. The reason, if things rebounded and the price dropped I would be loosing money. I know if the stock market fell people would lose money as well but when inflation is high I prefer to buy long lasting "disposable" items like food storage and TP, and products for the yard and vehicles. If the stock market crashes my money would be worth little, and gold would be hard to sell or trade (unless you have a very wealthy friend or relative) but food storage would keep me healthy and items for the yard and garden and maintaining the vehicles would be very helpful.

I know, that argument can go many different directions for all different people. I will let the "rich" folk have all the gold and silver, they can trade it to me for a quart of oil and 5 gallons of gasoline ..... for their generator to charge their electric cars. :ghostly: :Dancing Chicken: :dancing:

One thing to is to keep a broad perspective on financial collapses...i mentioned all the panics in 1800's before.Some were just local regions some multiple states and spilled over into other countries or their troubles spilled over to the u.s.

Not saying some wont get hurt bad and wanna jump out windows like in the 1920's..but just saying we got through them...even through a civil war..whats my point...we are still here grinding away at life..nothing less nothing more.

Some list more years some list less years but just a few were panic of 1819, 1833,1837, 1839,1857, 1873, 1893, and 1907...and more toss in two world wars and more.All of us has to choose as wisely as we can and what suits our desires and needs and hope we chose correct path...but like i pointed out looking at more recent times...Venezuela and Russia both kept grinding it out...just to name a couple....people still grinding ot daily lives in Venezuela should give us hope..or it should...bigger question is do you have it in you to grind it out and not sit down and cry..or rather cry a bit and get up and do the things to survive daily keeping roof over your head and food/water in your stomach daily..thats only answer/question.

heres a pdf filled with more details...

https://assets.aeaweb.org/asset-server/articles-attachments/aej/mac/app/0703/2013-0265_app.pdf

Last edited:
Looking at the state of things I am trying to establish a situation so there is less "grinding it out" and a little less starving for those in my immediate influence.
grinding it out is broad brush term....you can grind it out sitting at home with tons of food storage and livestock on the hoof outside our doors....if you have wheat/corn etc....you just might be grinding it out daily/weekly.....lol...to bake bread,tortillas,cornbread etc.

grinding it out means the situation is less than what we have been use to...for some it will still be high on hog living for most part.

Looking at the state of things I am trying to establish a situation so there is less "grinding it out" and a little less starving for those in my immediate influence.
keep stacking it high,deep and often....lol

Latest posts

Back