What The World Needs More Of...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My oldest daughter was part of an competitive Ice Dancing couple. Her partner came from a none hugging type family, my family is a hugging family. He gradually got use to me giving him a hug. Even now years after they skated together, when I see him, he actually opens his arms for me to give him a hug.

My oldest daughter was part of an competitive Ice Dancing couple. Her partner came from a none hugging type family, my family is a hugging family. He gradually got use to me giving him a hug. Even now years after they skated together, when I see him, he actually opens his arms for me to give him a hug.

That is nice. Glad you showed him the joy of hugs.

We hug everyone who allows it. I quit hugging young ladies when I saw that one was a bit put off. I let them come to me now - Trust has to come first.

Attachments

• Peanuts Gif.gif
    Peanuts Gif.gif
    7.1 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:
- Smile at a stranger you know needs it and have a friendly chat.
- Give someone a nice compliment.
- Jumping in rain puddles.
- Slip and slide for adults as well as children.
- Helping a member of the community you see that needs a hand just because. DH helps vertically challenged people get products of the higher supermarket shelves, I help open the plastic bags in supermarkets for the elderly who struggle with it to put their fruit and veg in.
- Some other things we could all do is hold a trolley on a slope so a mum can put her infant in it to shop, surprise an elderly neighbour with a cake, biscuits, fresh produce, drop a bottle of milk off on a families front door after knocking and running away just because you know they are struggling financially, organise with your local butcher to deliver some meat to a struggling family you know in your community (anonymously) or do it yourself. Random acts of kindness :D .

Politicians who who can read the Constitution, able to understand the Constitution and follow the Constitution.
Next you are going to want politicians who don’t lie and steal and term limits.

I am almost to the point I would vote for someone who told me how much they planned to steal if they kept their promises.

- Smile at a stranger you know needs it and have a friendly chat.
- Give someone a nice compliment.
- Jumping in rain puddles.
- Slip and slide for adults as well as children.
- Helping a member of the community you see that needs a hand just because. DH helps vertically challenged people get products of the higher supermarket shelves, I help open the plastic bags in supermarkets for the elderly who struggle with it to put their fruit and veg in.
- Some other things we could all do is hold a trolley on a slope so a mum can put her infant in it to shop, surprise an elderly neighbour with a cake, biscuits, fresh produce, drop a bottle of milk off on a families front door after knocking and running away just because you know they are struggling financially, organise with your local butcher to deliver some meat to a struggling family you know in your community (anonymously) or do it yourself. Random acts of kindness :D .

Good ideas Sew, Too bad more people don't think like this.

Manners and chivalry........which are both born from respect.

So true! Sitting at the table with a phone stuck in their face texting . Good thing my kids didn't have cell phones. About 4 years ago I told my 11 yr old grandson [ the youngest late life kid ] to take a bath, he said wait a minute. I said ' NO, you wait a minute and get yourself in that bathroom now'. He pulled at me so I told him ' you, me and the techtronics are both fixing to take a shower kiddo. He put the iphone down I left he got undressed and got into the shower, alone.

Latest posts

Back