What The World Needs More Of...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turning to others rather than turning on them. (Yes, Jesse Jackson said that. No, I never thought I'd quote him, but there ya go.)

Who would have thought Burt Bacharach would be so prophetic?

What the world needs now
Is love, sweet love
It's the only thing that there's just too little of
What the world needs now
Is love, sweet love
No, not just for some, but for everyone

You and I are going to get along very well. I LOVE porches, big porches with a small house works for me.

Once we stopped porch visiting, everyone got further apart. Lost the neighborhood feeling.
We've got a large deck, love sitting outside listening to the birds, fox occasionally barking and general neighborhood noises, kids, dogs and the creek sounds, I also like feeling the sun on my face, it's all good.

It really sounds to me like term limits on marriage would be a really good idea.
Perhaps the whole concept of marriage needs to be replaced with self designed co habitation-al contracts

People who have troubles in marriage have the same troubles with all their relationships. All relationships have to have a basis of trust and respect. It takes communication to build both. Most people enter into relationships in an emotional state and are then surprised when they start noticing faults.

I believe in marriage. Cohabitation with term limits would never appeal to me. Most people give up when the going gets rough nowadays. That's obvious when the numbers of people staying married their whole life is sparse.
Co habitation doesn't need to have term limits.
Each can make their own terms, and if they are wise would have an option to revisit those terms as needs change.

more trust and a bit more respect wouldn't hurt either.

I believe in marriage. Cohabitation with term limits would never appeal to me. Most people give up when the going gets rough nowadays. That's obvious when the numbers of people staying married their whole life is sparse.
I spent 31 years working on a marriage, both people have to actually work on it.
Some times it is just not worth trying to save, in my case I know that to be true. no one was really at fault, it was just over. Patching broken $hit just isn't worth it.

Consequences
(I don't mean this in a cruel way, but we need to quit protecting stupidity and foul doings.)
This is so DARN TRUE, stupid and nasty seems to be the rewarded action in especially City society. Having a hissy because someone doesn't call you your preferred pronoun, is ground for spanking you and especially your parents. (I guess the you should be a person in this case, cause it doesn't really apply here)

Latest posts

Back