What you driving these days

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No pics of mine, it's road dirty and needs a bath bad. I'm waiting for someone to write "wash me" on the tailgate.

Mine is a 2014 GMC Sierra. It replaced my 1994 GMC Sierra. Yep, unless something happens to it it will be my last ride.

My sweet chariot. It's a 2003 Ford Taurus SES. I bought it in 2008 off a lot with 83k on the clock. Now it has 97k on the clock. Yeah, I don't drive much.

No current photos, as it's dirty as well. This photo is from the day after I drove it off the lot in 2015. Have since added AT tires, a folding bed cover, new tint, and a front leveling kit. I love driving this thing.
20150307_080436.jpg

I drive a 2013 Gecko Green Jeep modified Wrangler and Mrs 3T drives a a 2017 Jeep Wrangler "Smoky Montain" white edition.

a black rim 2.jpg

abcdefg2.jpg

1997 F350.jpg
2002 F250.jpg
1914720_100278476663431_4351691_n.jpg
1997 F350 dually crew cab, 5 speed manual, 7.3 diesel with 205,000 miles, custom running boards, going to get an intercooler and new turbo in 2018

2002 F250 crew cab, auto, 7.3 diesel with 186,000 miles. My dad bought the truck new and after he passed away I bought it out of the estate since mom wouldn't drive it. It had 50,000 miles on it when I got it.

Then the toy, 1984 Jeep Scrambler, fuel injected 258 with a DUI GM distributor, Clifford Header and intake, 4 to 1 transfercase , 5:13 gears, high pinion rock crusher dana 60s that I built, 35 spline axle shafts, locked up front and rear, wheelbase was stretched to 112", I'm old school still running lift springs but I tweaked the suspension and it has 14" of travel and it will run with big dogs with 4 link setups, one ton dodge manual 5 speed with granny low, 42" super swampers, custom roll cage from Wilson performance, many other custom built accessories. It's a fun toy and rock crawler!

The above is my daily driver and I use it all the time. My Model A, 31 Ford pick-up usually sits in the shed I had built for it and my 79 Lincoln sits in it's shed too. I haven't drove the Lincoln in the last year and am thinking of selling it and updating my daily driver with a new engine and R700R4 tranny and Mustang II front end. My Lincoln has 92K actual miles and I hate to see it sit and not have someone enjoy it as much as I do when driving.

Tommy

I thought I had her put away for the winter but some things got scrambled I loaned out one daily for a few weeks and I haven't gotten the winter rig back from my mechanics buddy, so this will be my daily again
(Yes, I know it's December 5th and no it don't have heat)

Attachments

• 20171013_113613.jpg
    20171013_113613.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 68
This is my main ride right now. She gets about 3 to 4 thousand miles per month. Hopefully I can get the shimmy fixed in my Buick so I can put some of those miles on it instead, but 5 different mechanics gave me 5 different answers as to what's wrong with it...so, I have no idea what to do! Lol
1205171840.jpg

This is my main ride right now. She gets about 3 to 4 thousand miles per month. Hopefully I can get the shimmy fixed in my Buick so I can put some of those miles on it instead, but 5 different mechanics gave me 5 different answers as to what's wrong with it...so, I have no idea what to do! LolView attachment 1807

And I thought I put on the miles. I’m only at about 2500 Miles a month.

And I thought I put on the miles. I’m only at about 2500 Miles a month.
I have a traveling job. My territory is from Milwaukee and Chicago, to Kansas City, down to El Paso, then over to the West Coast. I do fly sometimes, but normally I'll drive. You must have either a real long commute or a pretty big territory to cover, 2500 miles a month is nothing to sneeze at..,

I have a traveling job. My territory is from Milwaukee and Chicago, to Kansas City, down to El Paso, then over to the West Coast. I do fly sometimes, but normally I'll drive. You must have either a real long commute or a pretty big territory to cover, 2500 miles a month is nothing to sneeze at..,

Long commute. I’m at about 60-65 miles each way depending on which route i take. I’ve got it down to right about at an hours drive.

Here's what I drive the most! 1986 F150. Has 4wl drive with high and low speed gearbox with the 300cu" inline 6 cylinder. I use it for a tractor lotsa times, ha!
Its a tough ol truck!
20171211_150012.jpg
20171211_150003.jpg
20171211_145956.jpg

I do 50000 a year. Every year.

Around 90,000 a year here. Not my vehicle though, if I throw that in I'm over a hundred thousand.

Wow. I've come close to 50k, between 2 different vehicles, but I've never driven that much. Hats off to you for being able to stand that much time behind the wheel.
I cover all of West Florida from just North of Tampa to I-10 and everything in that are West of I-75. And the Villages, Ocala and Gainesville east of I-75. Office is in Tampa. Occasionally go to Miami and Orlando. I ride one of my 5 salesmen territories with them every day. Been doing this particular job 14 1\2 years. It's about 4800 square miles just the sales area.

I cover all of West Florida from just North of Tampa to I-10 and everything in that are West of I-75. And the Villages, Ocala and Gainesville east of I-75. Office is in Tampa. Occasionally go to Miami and Orlando. I ride one of my 5 salesmen territories with them every day. Been doing this particular job 14 1\2 years. It's about 4800 square miles just the sales area.
You must drive a lot each day. I usually only have to make 2 trips a month. But they are sometimes 3000 mile round trips.

You must drive a lot each day. I usually only have to make 2 trips a month. But they are sometimes 3000 mile round trips.
My team has 115 stores total
We go from store to store every day. I drive an hour and a half to start my day most days then some areas are 40-50 miles between stores....

Latest posts

Back