What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man y'all need to get off this Richard Simmons kick. I'm trying to sleep over here...

Today was a waste. I was physically exhausted last night. I didn't even attempt the hour drive back from Pops' house. Laid down at 10:30 but couldn't sleep well until about 2AM. Kept jerking awake just as I was falling asleep, for no reason. Then once I did fall asleep I stayed asleep until 11AM. I talked to Pops for a couple hours, nothing important, just a nice conversation about cars. Then I drove home. Stopped at a Honda dealer to check out a new C-RV. It was nice. I'll have to test drive one sometime. Made steak & cheese sandwiches for supper and have been dinking around on my phone for a couple hours. Planning on getting up early and going to the gym so off to bed I go...

Evidently, Richard Simmons is a recluse now. Where is Richard Simmons today? His fitness videos are available on YouTube in 2021, but he's yet to make a public return. - TheNetline

Richard Simmons is a famous American fitness personality who gained fame through his Sweatin’ to the Oldies fitness videos. Simmons experienced insistent bullying and neglect for being overweight in his younger days. In a desperate attempt to shed pounds, Simmons adopted a near-suicidal weight-loss regimen that included medication and fasting.

He achieved his goal, but not before a trip to a hospital emergency room. Richard had lost weight, but he did it the wrong way and didn’t want anybody else to have a similar experience. He, therefore, committed to helping people lose weight the right way, with exercise and dieting. His programs attracted Hollywood’s elite and kick-started his rise to fame.

Simmons is yet to return to the public limelight, but his fitness videos were made available on Fuse Sweat in 2021
Richard Simmons’ last interview was in 2013 with CNN’s Brooke Baldwin. Brooke asked Richard what his morning affirmations are. “I say, ‘Try to help more people,” Richard said before breaking down. “But just remember: You’re one of a kind. And God could have made you a butterfly that lasts three months, but he made you a human being.”

Simmons made a couple more public appearances before vanishing. Richard closed his fitness studio and cut off contact with friends. In response to conspiracy theories about his sudden absence, Richard called the Today Show and stated that he wanted to ‘be a little bit of a loner for a little while.’ He added:

“You know, I had hurt my knee, and I had some problems with it, and then the other knee started giving me trouble because I’ve taught like thousands and thousands of classes, and you know, right now I just want to sort of take care of me.”

Entertainment Tonight also reported that its executive producer, Brad Bessey, had spoken to Richard by phone. “No one should worry about me,” Richard insisted. “The people that surround me are wonderful people who take great care of me.”

Richard’s assertions did little to quell the speculation about his sudden disappearance, but at least people knew that he was alive, and by his own admission, had people taking care of him. After making his statement, Simmons recoiled into his apparent solitude.

(much more in the article)

by Ronald McDonald and Richard Simmons. At one point, they both decided to hug me simultaneously, and one of my weirdest memories was born. I'll never be done with the therapy from that one ;)

Now that's funny! 😂 I was stranded at O'hare airport once (chicago). I ended up in a concourse bar sitting in between an Episcopalian minister from south Mississippi and a Catholic priest almost 4hrs.
I heard every bad religious joke in existence.
a078.gif
Thankfully I could drink! So I think you had it worse!
------------------------------
@INresponse @LadyLocust @Pearl Passion flower extract/tincture. People use it as a gentle relaxant, as a sleep aid, to stop smoking. It's very calming. Ever get stress headaches at the back of your skull? If so get "Sweet Leaf" extract/tincture also (Monarda fistulosa). The healthy thing is remove what's causing the stress...
------------------------------
I made a quick trip to town, picked up a few groceries while there. Just been watching college football on the tv.

Fed the calf after dark...

I saw him (Richard Simmons) at the Airport in Knoxville, I was shocked at how small a person he is.

I'm off for the rest of the year and last night I watched TV until late in the evening. Need to run a couple of errands this morning. Hope to go for a walk this afternoon but we are expecting off and on rain for the next several days.

My garden is still producing and it is warm enough that I can open the tops of my raised beds and let the rain in....

Funny thing about him, he's a tiny, redheaded, effeminate guy who acts like he hates women and he presumes to tell men how to work out. I could kick his @$$ with my granny cane and half out it on pain killers.
I think he just might be gay.
There, I said it. NOBODY else would.

Funny thing about him, he's a tiny, redheaded, effeminate guy who acts like he hates women and he presumes to tell men how to work out. I could kick his @$$ with my granny cane and half out it on pain killers.
Well, whether he is or he isn’t, he’s a wonderful human being.
Making judgements fuels a lot of things, none good.

I met Richard Simmons once - I did a big service project in scouts on serving the disabled with the Easter Seals, who got a local news channel to pick it up as a public interest story. McDonalds ended up getting involved and I ended up being presented some goofy award by Ronald McDonald and Richard Simmons. At one point, they both decided to hug me simultaneously, and one of my weirdest memories was born. I'll never be done with the therapy from that one ;)
There ain't enough water in the world to shower all that off.

@Amish , do you remember what year it was when you met Richard Simmons at LAX? I met him at LAX on home leave (when I was waiting for a connecting flight to Newark). He was hilarious. Very sweet, messing with people and teasing them, but posing for pics and generally being entertaining. He gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek, then teased me because I didn't remember where the hell we were going since I'd just had an international flight. I told him I'd always loved watching his show in the mornings.
When I was a kid I would get up early while everyone else in the house was sleeping just to watch his exercise program. I learned the words "inhale" and "exhale" from it. LOL.

@Weedygarden , I remember his posts on FB where he was saying he was having a lot of pain after knee surgery & that he was going through depression and needed some time to himself. I can completely understand that. He was putting a lot of energy out when interacting with people and that can be draining. His fans called in a wellness check on him and he posted to say he was OK. I *think* he posted a month or two ago about his Sweatin' to the Oldies videos. I love Oldies and I enjoyed his video. I remember getting irritated in my high school aerobics class when the teacher was making us watch Jane Fonda videos. I told her I'd much rather have Richard Simmons videos. She was kind and agreed-- if only to get me to stop saying "Jane 'the traitor' Fonda" every time she used one of her vids.

I met one of Richard Simmons' cousins once. She told me when they were kids he was over at her house and the hamster was missing from its cage. He was giggling so they had a hide & seek game looking for the hamster. Found it in a pot (not on the heat or anything) with a lid. She said he was a weird kid.

I need to cut back on the carbs. I eat too many of them and am too sedentary.

I woke up in the middle of the night and haven't been able to get back to sleep. Probably because I really racked out yesterday. I will have to see if Mom will decide to act like an adult today. I might grab some breakfast first though.

Since I couldn't sleep I watched Dr. Pol on DVR. I made the mistake of watching an episode where a sow's uterus ruptured and 6 of her 8 babies fell out into her body cavity & died and then the sow had to be put down and I was ugly crying because I love animals and it made me so sad. Especially to think of how much it must have hurt the poor sow. I had pigs as pets so I'm fond of them-- even though I do love bacon.

Speaking of meat, I'm thinking of making myself some pork chops but we're out of aji mirin and walmart no longer carries it.

I thought Richard Simmons passed away several years ago. Shows what I know!

Walked first and fed dogs.
Went to Walmart for monthly stock up. No shortages and they had plenty of produce--got two huge messes of collard greens which are finishing cooking now.
Hit a couple of other grocery stores for local sales on meat.
Home and resting.

Labeled manila folders and file folder for next year.

People seemed a little frantic at the stores this morning-- or maybe it was me. LOL

Well, whether he is or he isn’t, he’s a wonderful human being.
Making judgements fuels a lot of things, none good.
I don't care if he dates plush animals, was just saying....

House cleaning early, after lunch I finally got around to trying out my electric chainsaw sharpener. I bought it at HF back in the summer, cheap.

It took a while to find the paperwork and manual. Another long while figuring out how to set it up. I always sharpened freehand or used my Granberg, never used a grinder before.

It worked great, the saw sliced through some oak like butter. So I sent dad up to the shop to find all the old chainsaw and pole saw chains. He’s got old chains stashed everywhere. I’ll sharpen all of them tomorrow.

Oh, found out where the extra cash I mentioned came from. My grandpa’s estate/farm was sold last year then was divided up between 9 of their living kids. My mom was just spreading her share around. I was worried dad somehow got confused with the envelope he gave me. Not the case, thankfully.

Just watching college bowl games for the evening.

Chatting with our farm neighbor. He brought by hamburger, sausage, and home canned barbeque sauce, hot mustard, and pickles. They are very sweet. They are filling up the freezers, just did a cow and a pig. We keep one of their freezers in our outbuilding that has electricity.
I can’t wait to have good neighbors again. I sure do miss that.

@Amish Heart I was born in the 70s. I watched Richard Simmons' program in the early 80s on an old tube tv with dials. I was the remote control back then. LOL.

Somehow this thing spazzed and posted before I was done.

Went to see my friend to give him a late Xmas present. He wasn't home so I said Hi to his gf and her family. The baby has had a fever for a week so I stayed away. The kitten, Nightmeow, kept trying to follow me to my truck. I put him back on the porch a few times but he wanted to be with me so I got the gf's sister-in-law to hold the kitten long enough for me to leave. Friend was at work so I surprised him at the arcade he works in. He let us test out some of the games for free (no tickets to keep of course).

Back home and now my oldest female cat is all up in my face. She's been having the runs but doesn't seem to have a fever.

I thought that was common knowledge, come on, really!! Of course he's gay!!

House cleaning early, after lunch I finally got around to trying out my electric chainsaw sharpener. I bought it at HF back in the summer, cheap.

It took a while to find the paperwork and manual. Another long while figuring out how to set it up. I always sharpened freehand or used my Granberg, never used a grinder before.

It worked great, the saw sliced through some oak like butter. So I sent dad up to the shop to find all the old chainsaw and pole saw chains. He’s got old chains stashed everywhere. I’ll sharpen all of them tomorrow.

Oh, found out where the extra cash I mentioned came from. My grandpa’s estate/farm was sold last year then was divided up between 9 of their living kids. My mom was just spreading her share around. I was worried dad somehow got confused with the envelope he gave me. Not the case, thankfully.

Just watching college bowl games for the evening.

My dad got one of those sharpeners a few years back. I took all my chains up there and sharpened them. I was impressed enough I went and got one for myself. Makes things quick and easy

Landshark is going through a phantom pregnancy.

So frustrating because I planned on getting her desexed because of her temperment issues and allergies.

No she's not in pup because she's behind a 6 foot fence and her day run has a 5 strand electric fence on the inside of it.
She's kept inside at night...regardless of how many heavy duty dog crates, furniture, electronics, carpeting, kitchen appliances she destroys.

She'll be desexed the second this phantom pregnancy is over because there's no way on God's green earth I'll ever breed from her. With her hormones out of whack her aggression has sky rocketed. She's down right dangerous.

I should have just gotten the blue cattle dog when I had the chance and let someone else deal with this disaster.

Latest posts

Back