What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got off work early so I went up on Sierra Blanca mountain near Ruidoso. I wish my camera could do it justice...
20220127_170812.jpg
20220127_140525.jpg
20220127_135616.jpg
20220127_133125.jpg

Glad to see you back Lady L. Been worried about you. Glad you and hubs are starting to feel better.

Went to CoOp after work today to pick up my chain saws I had worked on. Talked to the mechanic to see how they were. He said he was impressed they were in such good shape, said he never sees any kept in good condition. The Husky model 51 I bought in the early 90's, it's been used a fair amount since then and this is the first time in the shop. All it needed was air filter, spark plug, and a little clutch work. The Husky model 41 my dad bought in the mid 90's and wasn't used as much as mine. I got it from him last year when he got an electric saw. Same tune up on it, plus it needed the carb rebuilt. Also got 2 chains for each. Along with my little Sthil I should be in good shape to cut most anything I need cut for sometime to come. Big saw, little saw, and a back up

Great pics Spike

I have a theory about big rocks coming to the surface in our garden field and that is moon tides of the earth.

I've come to the conclusion that the moon pulls them up, don't laugh, I've read of actual recordings of land tides.

https://www.nps.gov/articles/deva-moving-rocks.htm
Ever hear of the "Sailing Stones of Death Valley"? 0-200lbs in size. they move without explanation across salt flats in Death Valley.

I've been there and seen them... Not move, but I've seen the stones and the long trails they leave across the ground. Many years later I saw a tv show about them... basically 25yrs later scientists still aren't sure why they move. Of course there are a dozen theories, each claimed to be the true/right one.

@LadyLocust Glad your moving again!

Not much accomplished today, some laundry...

Death Vally.jpg

Last edited:
Hi All. Thank you all for the well wishes and concern. Hubby and I both got this garbage. He got the minute rice version and I got the full meal deal. Don't even think I turned on my computer for 4-5 days. I'm pretty sure I gave birth to an alien life form when I blew my nose & bones were inserted into our bodies as some warped torture method - been a little rough. I was a little more awake yesterday and so far awakish today. Crazy weak and have lost some weight but think I'm on the tail end of the thing.

Sinus flush. and often. Add a capful of peroxide into it once a day for 2 maybe 3 days. Flush out the crud and you can breath and it will relieve the pressure and ease the infection.
Hope you feel better soon.

Woke up this morning feeling decent. As the day grew closer to going for the vitamin IV treatment I slowly felt worse, anxiety/stress related, probably because I was thinking about it and why. On the drive there I started to feel better, probably because i was thinking about driving. Prior to the IV drip my BP was 200/110. They sat us in a zero gravity massage chair during the IV drip and it took about a half hour. Afterwards my bp was 172/105. Still not great but better. Ran a couple errands around town and by the time I got home I was feeling a little better than prior. They said it takes a few hours or a couple days, to feel the effects. This evening I feel a bit more relaxed. I was gonna pay today but she got done first and paid for both of us for a 6 month package for one vitamin IV drip package a month. I guess I will be our group Guiney Pig to keep you all updated on how this vitamin drip infusion thing works for making us feel better.
More info to follow.

Another day at the remodel. My brother has been a drywalling machine.

Great room ceiling done.

20220128_150349.jpg

Master bedroom ceiling done. I installed temp lighting.

20220128_150430_HDR.jpg

Most of the second bedroom ceiling done.

20220128_150444_HDR.jpg

Brother has to run for a VFC call so I worked on moving stuff from the laundry room...

20220128_150511_HDR.jpg

To the master bedroom.

20220128_150500_HDR.jpg

The laundry room is now cleared and ready for the final demolition.

20220128_155844_HDR.jpg

The tools are all sorted in the master bedroom.

20220128_155854_HDR.jpg

Tomorrow I will demo the laundry room that still has ceiling that needs removed before prepping for the vents for the plumbing in there and insulation.

The place is tightening up nicely and a propane heater keeps the place comfortable to work.

Thank God we are getting somewhere!

Ben

Attachments

• 20220128_150511_HDR.jpg
    20220128_150511_HDR.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 21
Good afternoon all.
After years of hand pulling an invasive stinging weed we’re finally using liquid death on it. This stuff is so nasty it somehow goes through 2 pairs of rubber gloves. None of the livestock will touch it. Spreads unbelievable bad.
3135EE79-4757-4FE0-B28D-416464974CF6.jpegDDE377DB-076D-4330-9057-7F87A5D5998C.jpeg
204AF781-3E1F-4CB7-95B8-3FEA8362211C.jpeg
Hubby stayed up so we could try and get on top of this weed in the daylight.

Good afternoon all.
After years of hand pulling an invasive stinging weed we’re finally using liquid death on it. This stuff is so nasty it somehow goes through 2 pairs of rubber gloves. None of the livestock will touch it. Spreads unbelievable bad.
View attachment 79292View attachment 79293
View attachment 79294
Hubby stayed up so we could try and get on top of this weed in the daylight.
Is that stinging nettles?

Olivia used to bush it because she thought 5he sensation was interesting.

Ben

Sorry, @Double R stinging nettle is a great herb medicinally speaking.
1643415866203.png
I use it as a tea just because I like it.
"Stinging nettle has been used for hundreds of years to treat painful muscles and joints, eczema, arthritis, gout, and anemia. Today, many people use it to treat urinary problems during the early stages of an enlarged prostate (called benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH)." Also, "The anti-oxidants present in nettle protect the immune system against damage and help to strengthen immunity. Scientists at Hacettepe University in Turkey found that nettle stimulates T-cells which help the body to fight against infection and other diseases which can weaken the immune system."

Sorry, @Double R stinging nettle is a great herb medicinally speaking.
View attachment 79300
I use it as a tea just because I like it.
"Stinging nettle has been used for hundreds of years to treat painful muscles and joints, eczema, arthritis, gout, and anemia. Today, many people use it to treat urinary problems during the early stages of an enlarged prostate (called benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH)." Also, "The anti-oxidants present in nettle protect the immune system against damage and help to strengthen immunity. Scientists at Hacettepe University in Turkey found that nettle stimulates T-cells which help the body to fight against infection and other diseases which can weaken the immune system."
Very interesting. Didn’t know that

We finally got a small project finished today. Had trouble all week with it. finally finished swapping out components and found the reciever was bad. After close examination we had been sold a refurbished one as new. Nasty phone call ended up with a new one showing up Monday. Customer is happy and thats one off my list so I'm happy too. Celebrated by doing little of nothing this afternoon. We call it blind Friday. You just never know when one of those shows up. :dancing:

Today I went for a little walk in the woods, just as I was leaving the truck at noon it started to snow. Before everything was over it snowed, rained, sleeted, and finished up with snow again.... Since COVID I have not been doing my daily 2 mile walks into the office and my body really told me that I was out of shape... I was putting like an over worked steam engine by the time the day was finished. Didn't see anything but a group of coyotes can through right at sunset, I think that explains a lot...

Whoops, slept in an hour. Going to make husband breakfast, feed all the animals, then paint granddaughter's bedroom floor. The twins are hustling getting everything out of there, and grandson will be going to work for the day soon. Then picking up mom after lunch, taking her for a walk around the farm with the walker (60 degrees this afternoon maybe) and having her here for dinner. Made a pumpkin pie and apple pie for dessert yesterday, her favorite. Also making hamburger soup, but I bet she mostly just eats the pie.

Latest posts

Back