What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2-22-2022.

I'll remember this day....I drowneded.

The ground was already saturated from all the flooding since January. Now I believe West KY will be sinking into mud.
It rained hard all night , still coming down, and ain't gonna stop till tonight.
Then start all over tomorrow thru Thursday.

One good thing...Helitech did a good job on my basement ...no sign of any moisture or water....happy,happy.

Bad thing....wife says we gotta go to Walmart.
She must be outta cookies.

Oh well I can dodge the ponds .

I'll get to go for lunch.🤓

Y'all stay dry and above water.

Jim
You just got a new pickup - might as well pretend to be 20 again and make some rooster tails
1645547966428.png
Couldn't find a better pix.

I was the geeky kid who was angry my school had no more advanced math/algebra classes for me to take. I still use boolean algabra, even when reading posts here in the forum.

No plans but feeding critters today and waiting for the storms tonight.

I need opinions please.

It was supposed to be this.... (picture of the design on the computer screen so it looks funky)
View attachment 80360

But I used the wrong file when I cut the vinyl stencil and did this....
View attachment 80361

My original thought was to have "Funnyfarm" one word but several people told be it needed to be two words so I adjusted the artwork in the computer and asked for opinions again and also started to like the "Funny Farm Ranch" instead of "Funnyfarm Ranch". But I guess I kept both versions in the file on my design program and when I cut the vinyl to make the stencil I grabbed the first version instead of the second version. I didn't notice until after I pulled the stencil off the sign this afternoon. UGH!!!
1) I want to use the sign style to make T-shirts for my family and maybe to sell or give away as I (hopefully) grow my YouTube channel.
2) I can paint over the "Funnyfarm Ranch" and cut the correct stencil and repaint just that part of the sign.
3) I already made the video for each step of the way up to where I noticed the so called mistake.
3) I guess I wouldn't be the first person on YouTube to show their mistakes in the video and make corrections.

Any and all thoughts and opinions are welcome.
I am just annoyed at myself, looking for thoughts from other intelligent folk.
I like the first one .
I can read it.

I don't understand women...

So last fall I had a few dates with a widow in her 40s. Nothing much came of it, and she just kind of told me out of the blue that she didn't want to see me any more. OK, fine. She posted herself on social as being in a relationship two days after that and deleted me, so I know she was seeing someone else too. Still no biggie, it was only a few dates. That was early November, no contact since. Last night I'm out with my daughter, and she texts me out of the blue, Can I ask you a question? I said ok, what do you want. Honest to God, she said this:

"If a guy sprays cologne on his junk, is that a reason to be concerned?"

What in the actual f***? I had to ask if it was a serious question, she says yes. I told her I wasn't interested in whatever she had going on with some other guy's cologne covered junk. I should have told her to go ask her dad.

This kind of stuff is why I'm single...
She should be concerned.
He's got something he can't get rid of with antibotics.

I ended up teaching a class this afternoon. First time I've taught a wild herb class in winter. The lady from my last post came up with her husband. We spend an hour in my kitchen talking plants, looking at some of my tinctures. She took photos of all my books. She loved my library!

Turns out she had dabbled with essential oils a few years ago but it wasn’t the medicine her grandfather taught her as a child. She couldn't make the connection between the two. She’d found no real herbal medicine books, just the herb of the month crap from magazines or click bait websites. She had no one with real knowledge to teach her about herbs so she stopped messing around with oils.

She was like a kid in a candy store in my herb room. Enthusiastic doesn’t even describe her. She kept warning me she was going to be calling often. I’m thrilled, in all the classes I’ve taught I’ve never seen anyone this eager to learn.

Then we took a drive to the place where her grandfather used to collect a herb for her, beyond thrilled. On the way I stopped a few times and I showed them some very special plants. A very good afternoon! And I'm exhausted...
Doesn't it feel good to pass on your knowledge.

She should be concerned.
He's got something he can't get rid of with antibotics.
Or his last girlfriend told him to do it.
I do not know this first hand(because I have been married for 37 yrs.), I am told young girls want their men to shave.
That is one of many reasons I am still married to an woman in my age group.

It's a lazy day for me today.
Spent the day with Dad yesterday.
He and I both have an Alexa Echo Dot 3rd generation.
If he tells his to remind him to tell me(insert my name) to put 2 pounds of flour on his local grocery list.
She talks to my Alexa at 0300 hours and I hear Dad's voice at 0300 hours.
Scared me temporary until I realized it was Alexa.
I have a new phone something else for me to learn this week.
Mine old Android was dying slow painful death.
Dropped calls, battery won't hold charge.
Don't need this added stress in my life right now.
I'm sitting round , sipping coffee.
Been reading forum.
You guys been busy.
I will have to cook something in the crock pot for the next several days.

If he tells his to remind him to tell me(insert my name) to put 2 pounds of flour on his local grocery list.
Been reading forum.
You guys been busy.
I noticed you had been quiet for a while. Good to see you back on.

Been reading forum.
You guys been busy.
What ya gonna cook?

I will probly smell it over here.

It'll be something good

😊😊
Jim

What ya gonna cook?

I will probly smell it over here.

It'll be something good

😊😊
Jim
Garlic Mussels with Fettuccine Noodles with garlic toast, side salad, blood orange, coffee.
Dark chocolate cupcake with cream cheese icing.
Also started Navy beans, will pair fried sweet potatoes, cornbread for tomorrow.
If I have time today, will make chicken taco salad with coleslaw, diced tomato,fresh ciltrano, diced avocado served with won ton chips.

Last edited:
@Spikedriver congrats! You're an old farm boy, can drive anything!

If you're going to crack water... feed the hydrogen/oxygen into an engine air intake... Can't get any more real world than that! Plus it's a lot of fun!

View attachment 80539View attachment 80540
I'm looking for a running piece of junk to convert to propane/natural gas or methane. hopefully some kind of Toyota, they are easiest to convert!

Mom said she heard one of the cats meowing weakly somewhere late last night. I got concerned. I thought I heard it once and I know a strange dog has been hanging around. So I searched around. Went outside last night (it was actually fairly warm) and heard the pump running. Rod for the float lever d-switch was jammed again. It has jammed every day the past week.
Never found the source of the meows but did find my oldest cat perched on a board over the gate. He climbed down to me and I brought him inside to feed him.
Fedex misdelivered my package yesterday but after I called to complain it never arrived he admitted that they had been called by the person they misdelivered to and were going to bring it. I told him it was food & we needed it asap so he apologized and contacted the delivery person to make things right. Poor lady had trouble with the packages (two 25lb bags in boxes).
Strange dog got through the hole in the back door and poked his head into he kitchen from behind the curtain. He's too shy to come close, but he didn't hurt anything and after the 15lb dog barked at him, he ran back outside.

I had tons of trouble with Algebra but Excelled in Geometry.
I was the opposite. Just couldn't think right for geometry.
I used a can of tomato sauce that had expired almost 3 years ago in chili recently, it was ok but I guess that’s pushing it.
This morning, I ate a can of mixed fruit in light syrup that expired 2016. Still alive, so far!
And Pharmacy won't renew until I see Primary Care.
They won't even give you a few pills until you have your appointment?

They have been treating canned food with Gamma bursts since around 2000, unless the can is dented or rusty, it should be good for a decade+

I was the opposite. Just couldn't think right for geometry.

This morning, I ate a can of mixed fruit in light syrup that expired 2016. Still alive, so far!

They won't even give you a few pills until you have your appointment?
They could if Primary Care Doctor would approve it.
But don't know if the secure messages are even getting to her any longer.
She has a nurse whom has overstepped her authority a few times.
I was just one of the 8 she overstepped her authority with.
I demanded to see Chief of Staff of Clinic.
She told me "NO".
Told me I wasn't important enough to see Chief of Staff.
I saw Chief of Staff , he was coming down the hall to see what the commotion was.
Trust me she didn't do that again.
I called Washington DC pronto, right there in the Clinic.

Had our power go out for a little over 2 hours this morning for the first time in over 2 years.
It was the perfect time for a test. Temperature outside was exactly the same as inside the house, we didn't need heat or A/C.
Good to see what worked and what did not.
The backup battery in the power supply for the internet hub has died from old age.
It still works on utility power.
The AT&T guy will replace the P/S unit for free. :thumbs:
Everything else worked as planned.:)
Only heard 2 generators fire up (it's still a reflex-action for many down here).

I'm still working on comms. Getting people to actually study and take the test is a daunting task.

Yet they keep saying I wish I had my license, lol. Some of them just say I won't worry about it if the poo hits the oscillator. That's great, but are you going to know how to use it then, That's the whole point of having nets.

They could if Primary Care Doctor would approve it.
But don't know if the secure messages are even getting to her any longer.
She has a nurse whom has overstepped her authority a few times.
I was just one of the 8 she overstepped her authority with.
I demanded to see Chief of Staff of Clinic.
She told me "NO".
Told me I wasn't important enough to see Chief of Staff.
I saw Chief of Staff , he was coming down the hall to see what the commotion was.
Trust me she didn't do that again.
I called Washington DC pronto, right there in the Clinic.
Reason 384 why we love you 😁

Except for the outside outlets all if the electric is DONE!

20220222_153255.jpg

Most of the plumbing in the 2 bedrooms has been roughed in.

20220222_153309.jpg

20220222_153321_HDR.jpg

Counter top is scheduled to be installed tomorrow.

20220222_153604_HDR.jpg

This years seeds and plants have been ordered.

The Princess asked me to investigate why one of our laptops is disk bound. The one she uses daily has good performance but the one she got for me is a real dog. It had been turned off for about a year because mucking about with a PC feels too much like work to me. Looks like I need about 46 driver updates to start. I will be at rhis for a week or more. Oh bother!

Ben

Latest posts

Back