What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just hung out two loads of laundry!! I don't mind doing it as much as I mind putting it away. On my way home yesterday a guy up the road was fixing his mailbox. He was wearing insulated coverall bibs. I slowed down then stopped because his dog was in the road. So I said hi and asked how he and his family were. He said excuse the I'm dressed, my wife hasn't done laundry in two weeks!! Maybe he'll learn how after sweating in his coveralls!! Sometimes I wonder how some people have made it through life!!🤔🤪

Already watered this morning, and I was gonna do some yard work, but that ol' sun started blazing down and I canceled my plans, lol. It has been hot here lately, and we're not even into the real heat yet... guess I'm gettin' older, it didn't use to bother me so much. I have a feeling that the home rehab work will be SLOW this summer... I'd sooner sit in the A/C and chill out. I'll probably wind up painting the bathrooms & kitchen over the summer, once I dredge up enough motivation. That home rehab motivation really took a hit when I went through that financial slump... ugh. :oops:

I may see about adopting a pair of kittens today, I was thinking how cool it would be to have kittens in my home again. I was laughing at Crackhead earlier as he attacked my house slippers, he's so funny when he gets all crazy... that laughter made me feel good too, which is why I thought about rescuing some kittens. I'll have to search the web and also see if the local shelters have any kittens up for adoption. Little kittens would be just what the doctor ordered to bring good cheer into my home... I can't bring adult cats into the home, since Tiger & Crackhead would get all gripped, but kittens would be fine. :D

Already watered this morning, and I was gonna do some yard work, but that ol' sun started blazing down and I canceled my plans, lol. It has been hot here lately, and we're not even into the real heat yet... guess I'm gettin' older, it didn't use to bother me so much. I have a feeling that the home rehab work will be SLOW this summer... I'd sooner sit in the A/C and chill out. I'll probably wind up painting the bathrooms & kitchen over the summer, once I dredge up enough motivation. That home rehab motivation really took a hit when I went through that financial slump... ugh. :oops:

I may see about adopting a pair of kittens today, I was thinking how cool it would be to have kittens in my home again. I was laughing at Crackhead earlier as he attacked my house slippers, he's so funny when he gets all crazy... that laughter made me feel good too, which is why I thought about rescuing some kittens. I'll have to search the web and also see if the local shelters have any kittens up for adoption. Little kittens would be just what the doctor ordered to bring good cheer into my home... I can't bring adult cats into the home, since Tiger & Crackhead would get all gripped, but kittens would be fine. :D
Save the kitties!! Hope you get them!!😺

I have 5 kitten that need to go. Last night we heard a big crash and they knock over and broke a half gallon jar of dried mint. Of course, little granddaughter wants them all. Wouldn't be so bad if they would stay in the barn.
Finished animals, watered greenhouse, hung lots of laundry in the basement (it's raining off and on). Grandson decided to work all day today instead of half day and granddaughter added on to her hours today, so they both got an earful from me. How convenient to get out of all the chores because of work. Told them they'll be cleaning upstairs and doing their regular stuff till midnight if they have to. We leave in the morning. They all three live upstairs and it's bad messy upstairs. Of course, husband doesn't think it's a problem at all, mostly because he doesn't do housework, cooking, or laundry, and never has. Now he's not capable of helping.
Maybe this belonged in rants. Ha. On to housecleaning now.

This morning I did the grocery shopping, got home and remembered that I needed to clean the fridge in the basement.... So I emptied it out completely. Then I removed each shelf and drawer and washed them. Half way through I heard a noise upstairs, the wife was sick and needed breakfast so I fixed her eggs n fruit. She didn't like the way I prepared the strawberries and was generally grumpy, but she ate and took her medicines. After I walked her back to her recliner and she fell asleep I got back to the fridge. I'm glad I'm done with that, I need to gas up the car as it is now empty. I hope to get to relax a little before I shift gears to start working in the garden...

Turned the AC on after having off all night, it seems to be working fine now. Now to cut the grass, take a nice shower and do laundry
Sounds like the indoor coil may just have iced up.
Some stuff always makes it thru the AC filter.
If it builds up on the indoor coil, that is what happens.
I brushed ours clean a week ago in preparation for 'hot' weather (low 90's ain't hot for us ;)).

Turned the AC on after having off all night, it seems to be working fine now.
If it is hot and very humid, and the A/C runs a long time and frequently, ice will form on the coils and when it becomes a solid block of ice air can't flow through it, or the coils, and it wont cool the house but it will keep running and making more ice. As @Supervisor42 mentioned, when you shut it off overnight the ice melted and now it is cooling again. It never stopped working, it just stopped cooling. Keep this in mind for the next time, maybe even make a small not and post it by the thermostat so you recognize the problem if it happens again. Some/most repairmen wont tell you the real reason and will "make repairs" and charge a lot of money for just turning it off to let the ice melt.

I even had this happen in my truck once in Las Vegas. It was a hot humid day and the AC stopped blowing cold, turned off the A/C but left the fan blowing and it was working again in about 20 minutes.

That is why I like chilling the house down and night, it cools everything off inside and it takes longer for the house to warm up during the day making the A/C run less in the heat of the day. Plus I sleep better when it is chilly.

Sounds like the indoor coil may just have iced up.
Some stuff always makes it thru the AC filter.
If it builds up on the indoor coil, that is what happens.
I brushed ours clean a week ago in preparation for 'hot' weather (low 90's ain't hot for us ;)).
If it is hot and very humid, and the A/C runs a long time and frequently, ice will form on the coils and when it becomes a solid block of ice air can't flow through it, or the coils, and it wont cool the house but it will keep running and making more ice. As @Supervisor42 mentioned, when you shut it off overnight the ice melted and now it is cooling again. It never stopped working, it just stopped cooling. Keep this in mind for the next time, maybe even make a small not and post it by the thermostat so you recognize the problem if it happens again. Some/most repairmen wont tell you the real reason and will "make repairs" and charge a lot of money for just turning it off to let the ice melt.

I even had this happen in my truck once in Las Vegas. It was a hot humid day and the AC stopped blowing cold, turned off the A/C but left the fan blowing and it was working again in about 20 minutes.

That is why I like chilling the house down and night, it cools everything off inside and it takes longer for the house to warm up during the day making the A/C run less in the heat of the day. Plus I sleep better when it is chilly.

It may have, that would explain the crazy high fan speed when it was trying to get air through the coil and the B3 reduced airflow code. My furnace and AC are smarter than me. I'll schedule a "clean and inspect", it's been many years.

It may have, that would explain the crazy high fan speed when it was trying to get air through the coil and the B3 reduced airflow code. My furnace and AC are smarter than me. I'll schedule a "clean and inspect", it's been many years.
If it has been years, it may be a little bit low on gas too, which will aggravate the icing condition :confused:.
Hot weather, it be coming! gaah

Ee worked on The Ridge whacking weeds spraying poison ivy and weeding.

20220604_160900_HDR.jpg

The garden boxes look like gardens instead of just dirt. It may be 2-3 weeks before we get up there again. Aside from weeding it is on autopilot for a bit.

Ben

We hit the parade this morning. It was in a little bitty town and it was kind of short. It doesn't seem like people around here enter parades like they used to. Truckers would shine up their tractor trailers, farmers would pull out their antique tractors, there would be classic cars, and every little club or organization would make a float. People are doing that less and less. There weren't even any horses in this parade. My daughter did get a bunch of candy thrown at her though, which still puts a smile on her face even though she's almost 16. She let her little half sister have a lot of it. At least the parade entries still throw the candy. One float had a 5 gallon bucket full of little rubber ducks and tossed those to the little kids. One came right to my daughter and she giggled like a little child.

Tonight I think I'll make us a pizza and we'll watch a movie. Might go for a bike ride if the rain holds off...

How to keep ice from forming in your AC:
Let thaw and dry 24 hours.
remove filter and clean.
Spray the coil with three-five light coats of food grade silicon lubricant, Ice will not stick to it!
Let dry 15 minutes and reassemble.

Edit:
Dry moly lube also works but it stinks and is messy. dry graphite likely will as well.

https://www.bing.com/shop?q=misty+b...&originIGUID=A4318A8E6F7B467FBE42D392F943334C
EVERYTHING you need by the case or in single cans.

Last edited:
We hit the parade this morning. It was in a little bitty town and it was kind of short. It doesn't seem like people around here enter parades like they used to. Truckers would shine up their tractor trailers, farmers would pull out their antique tractors, there would be classic cars, and every little club or organization would make a float. People are doing that less and less. There weren't even any horses in this parade. My daughter did get a bunch of candy thrown at her though, which still puts a smile on her face even though she's almost 16. She let her little half sister have a lot of it. At least the parade entries still throw the candy. One float had a 5 gallon bucket full of little rubber ducks and tossed those to the little kids. One came right to my daughter and she giggled like a little child.

Tonight I think I'll make us a pizza and we'll watch a movie. Might go for a bike ride if the rain holds off...
Making a Thin Crust, some kinda sausage, onions, mushrooms, some pepperonis and green peppers.

I just hung out two loads of laundry!! I don't mind doing it as much as I mind putting it away. On my way home yesterday a guy up the road was fixing his mailbox. He was wearing insulated coverall bibs. I slowed down then stopped because his dog was in the road. So I said hi and asked how he and his family were. He said excuse the I'm dressed, my wife hasn't done laundry in two weeks!! Maybe he'll learn how after sweating in his coveralls!! Sometimes I wonder how some people have made it through life!!🤔🤪

It wasn't me, I swear...

I did get mine washed & dried.......it's that folding & putting away thing that I dread

Spike I have enjoyed parades since I was a little kid. But you are right turn out for them are no where near what they used to be.

I worked in the garden for a while. Wife did some painting on some lattuce panels for the front porch. I assembled a new chicken run we got. Now we need to find a few birds. Lookin forward to some fresh eggs again

IT NEVER frickin ends.....the Landshark was bitten multiple times by Jack Jumper ants....she finally found something that bites worse than she does/ snark..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_jumper_antShe bitten and licked and scratched the bites she can reach and she won't stop.
I have the cream to stop the itching and it has anti-bacterials in it as well BUT I need to get her a head cone so she won't lick it off.
*sigh*
We've been down this head cone road before and it was ugly.
We've got the pefect storm of her phantom pregnancy hormonal rage and add to it more rage caused by frustration caused by the cone.
I'm going to have to charge up the e-collar and dial it all the way up.
Maybe I should add a sedative to the mix...for me. Yes. def. for me.

IT NEVER frickin ends.....the Landshark was bitten multiple times by Jack Jumper ants....she finally found something that bites worse than she does/ snark..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_jumper_antShe bitten and licked and scratched the bites she can reach and she won't stop.
I have the cream to stop the itching and it has anti-bacterials in it as well BUT I need to get her a head cone so she won't lick it off.
*sigh*
We've been down this head cone road before and it was ugly.
We've got the pefect storm of her phantom pregnancy hormonal rage and add to it more rage caused by frustration caused by the cone.
I'm going to have to charge up the e-collar and dial it all the way up.
Maybe I should add a sedative to the mix...for me. Yes. def. for me.
A sedative sounds like a great idea. Hopefully the bites stop itching soon!! Landshark definately keeps you on your toes!!

Latest posts

Back