What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snappy, in a cook book somewhere
I have a dog biscuit recipe
I will dig it out for you
Thanks, but no big stores here. I will check online. Definitely looking for inexpensive.
I too have a recipe. I would make them cat shaped for extra enjoyment. (Yeah, I'm twisted 😂 )

Well, at my work, another driver was run off the road around 2pm, I was sent out to try and pull him out, well that didn't work out, Broke some chains (ugg) so he had to leave, so I sent him back to yard around 4pm , still waiting for tow truck. These back roads have very sharp ditches, and when the ditch is covered in snow banks, gard to tell If its deep or not

Got the hamburger quarts canned, and it turned out well (5 quarts). Husband has two doc appts tomorrow, and it'll be an all day thing, so I made tomorrow night's dinner in advance, so it just needs to go in the oven. Red pork enchiladas. Fry up some eggs and warm a flour tortilla to go with them tomorrow, and that'll be easy. Fire is going, laundry is done and hung (inside), infusions for husband on schedule, along with his other stuff. Life is good. Packaged some chicken noodle dry mix for storage.

I came home from work early today—not feeling well nauseous and let’s just say it’s gastrointestinal related. Feels like diverticulitis but higher in the abdomen. I don’t possess the section of colon that is prone to diverticulitis any longer. it was removed about 10 years ago. I don’t think what I ate for lunch has anything to do with it--a banana and some crackers. My heating pad and a big cup of mint tea has me feeling a bit better. May try some toast

Different types of pex pipe

IMG_1103.jpg

@snappy1 previously I’ve had Toyota Sienna. 7 seat, extended back end, not too much. Got it up to 320k miles before it caught fire. It was a little bigger than our Plymouth Voyager, I think it was called. That was my favorite but husband had to rebuild something major on it. Then son totaled it. On my birthday. It was more like a sport van but I really enjoyed it. Always get one with a luggage rack.

We had pancreatic issues with 3 out of 4 shnauzers. No people food, but problems anyway. We use 4Health food for all of our dogs now and it sure is getting expensive. I will check out Milk Bone treats when I get back to the store.
Otto seems ok. He ate his entire bowl of rice, pumpkin and fried eggs. But I got a bag of this 4health food for him at the store today. Whitefish and potato grain free. I will feed it just to him , too expensive for 4 dogs and the other ones don't really need it. We'll see if he will even like it. His favorite food is what I cook for him LOL spoiled dog.

just got in from more serious snow moving,Got the big old john deere fired up, it was rather obstinate plowed the trails out to the bush and pushed the piles that the little chinese tractor made. I need to just use the big tractor, as soon as the ground is frozen, not wait til it is cold and the tractor hasn't been started for 8 months

Milk Bone dry, unflavored biscuits. Anything soft or colorful has crap and sugar in them . Carrots and bananas make great treats, for dogs, humans, and donkeys!!
does yours really eat bananas and carrots? I just dropped a piece of banana on the floor on accident earlier and Otto came running, then the little mutt Kai came running. Otto actually picked it up and then spit it back out really fast. Kai just sniffed it, didn't eat it.

does yours really eat bananas and carrots? I just dropped a piece of banana on the floor on accident earlier and Otto came running, then the little mutt Kai came running. Otto actually picked it up and then spit it back out really fast. Kai just sniffed it, didn't eat it.
We had a dog that would literally fight you over 2 things
A pbj sammich
The heart of a cabbage
Anything else he would let you take with no problems

went shopping, roads are fine, just snow on the side now and melting fast. Dropped off the Traverse at the inspection place hoping they don't find anything. It's running fine, no problems but they always seem to find something you can't see and is expensive to fix. This place usually doesn't find too many nitpicky things, so hoping for the best
we got back late and almost had to put animals back in, in the dark
I am so glad it is not close to zero anymore. What a miserable week this has been

Yes!! All my dogs have always eaten bananas and carrots! Bananas are good for belly issues!

I came home from work early today—not feeling well nauseous and let’s just say it’s gastrointestinal related. Feels like diverticulitis but higher in the abdomen. I don’t possess the section of colon that is prone to diverticulitis any longer. it was removed about 10 years ago. I don’t think what I ate for lunch has anything to do with it--a banana and some crackers. My heating pad and a big cup of mint tea has me feeling a bit better. May try some toast
Baking soda water.

Patch I think I saw you said something about minivans....we had two Chrysler minivans in the family. The first one my Mom bought new, it was the short version, and it was fantastic. So incredibly comfortable and useful! Even the short version had plenty of room and it was the perfect ski trip vehicle. She later bought a full sized van with the stow and go seating, and my Daughter drove the first van all through high school. Then I drove it for a couple of years until the rust made it it fall apart somewhere around 280,000 miles. The larger stow and go version was great too; we used it for all sorts of trips including a camping trip where we got the three of us, all our gear, and three kayaks into it comfortably. So if anyone is looking at minivans, if there's something out there anymore like the Chrysler stow and go, I'd recommend it!
I've heard about the purple paint thing before, but have never seen it used in Michigan. I was too busy today to hike out and see if my signs and rope survived the winds yesterday, it would work better if I could put the signs on posts, when I hang them from the rope the wind really gets it all hopping. But the ground is frozen. We're supposed to get a big thaw next week, maybe I can readjust then. February will doubtless bring more snow. At least I didn't see or hear and snowmobiles today.
Tried something new this afternoon; I use a piece of plywood as a bed liner in my truck. I got a couple of small pieces of 2x4s and screwed them into the plywood and tucked the tube sand up against them, then used some more screws with washers and put those through the trim of the other end of the tubes into the plywood. Hopefully that will keep the bags against the wheel wells and over the axle, instead of sliding up to the cab. It never fails, every winter I have to come to a sudden stop for some stupid deer or equally stupid human, and the tubes slam into the front of the bed. They're heavy enough it's a real pain to pull the tonneau back and climb in and slide them back into place. This is the first truck I've needed to add weight to for the winter; the gubbermint thinks a few mpg is better than having a stout, stable truck.
LadyLocust what's a "forever quilt"?
Tommyice I hope you feel better soon.
Peanut you made me chuckle. That's how I feel whenever I have to leave the house. Just survive it and get back home.
I don't see anything recent from zannej. Hope she's ok.

Otto seems ok. He ate his entire bowl of rice, pumpkin and fried eggs. But I got a bag of this 4health food for him at the store today. Whitefish and potato grain free. I will feed it just to him , too expensive for 4 dogs and the other ones don't really need it. We'll see if he will even like it. His favorite food is what I cook for him LOL spoiled dog.
I like fish n chips too. Otto has good taste 😁
just got in from more serious snow moving,Got the big old john deere fired up, it was rather obstinate plowed the trails out to the bush and pushed the piles that the little chinese tractor made. I need to just use the big tractor, as soon as the ground is frozen, not wait til it is cold and the tractor hasn't been started for 8 months
you could go cruzin’ on it maybe once a month and be the cool dude in the area.
Went shopping for the folks, groceries and picked up meds. I survived and got back home.
Pickin time !

Patch I think I saw you said something about minivans....we had two Chrysler minivans in the family. The first one my Mom bought new, it was the short version, and it was fantastic. So incredibly comfortable and useful! Even the short version had plenty of room and it was the perfect ski trip vehicle. She later bought a full sized van with the stow and go seating, and my Daughter drove the first van all through high school. Then I drove it for a couple of years until the rust made it it fall apart somewhere around 280,000 miles. The larger stow and go version was great too; we used it for all sorts of trips including a camping trip where we got the three of us, all our gear, and three kayaks into it comfortably. So if anyone is looking at minivans, if there's something out there anymore like the Chrysler stow and go, I'd recommend it!
I've heard about the purple paint thing before, but have never seen it used in Michigan. I was too busy today to hike out and see if my signs and rope survived the winds yesterday, it would work better if I could put the signs on posts, when I hang them from the rope the wind really gets it all hopping. But the ground is frozen. We're supposed to get a big thaw next week, maybe I can readjust then. February will doubtless bring more snow. At least I didn't see or hear and snowmobiles today.
Tried something new this afternoon; I use a piece of plywood as a bed liner in my truck. I got a couple of small pieces of 2x4s and screwed them into the plywood and tucked the tube sand up against them, then used some more screws with washers and put those through the trim of the other end of the tubes into the plywood. Hopefully that will keep the bags against the wheel wells and over the axle, instead of sliding up to the cab. It never fails, every winter I have to come to a sudden stop for some stupid deer or equally stupid human, and the tubes slam into the front of the bed. They're heavy enough it's a real pain to pull the tonneau back and climb in and slide them back into place. This is the first truck I've needed to add weight to for the winter; the gubbermint thinks a few mpg is better than having a stout, stable truck.
LadyLocust what's a "forever quilt"?
Tommyice I hope you feel better soon.
Peanut you made me chuckle. That's how I feel whenever I have to leave the house. Just survive it and get back home.
I don't see anything recent from zannej. Hope she's ok.
It is an Eleanor Burn “Quilt in a Day” and it’s been in the works for about 30 years now 😖. I think I will send her a message and a picture once it’s finished just for hoots and giggles.

Woohoo! I got 2 hours and 45 minutes sleep last night. Still was up at 4 am.
I will walk soon while it is not raining.
Have a local clinic follow up appt. at 9 am.
Hopefully getting the fingerprints done after doctor.
Walk dogs (if and when it isn't raining.
Make turkey tetrazzini for dinner.
I hope to sleep some tonight!

I couldn't function on that little of sleep. As of now, the infusions for husband are at 10:30 pm and 6:30 am (in a minute), and they take a while to do, then he was up at 3 am and 4 am and then the school calls in a late start today at 5 am, and I feel like I need at least another two hours I won't get.
Husband has two doc appts today with two hours in between them.

Waiting to see how much rain is really coming! I have a job I don't have to do today, the people are out of town for the next ten days so I can clean whenever it is convenient for me! So maybe I'm going to work, maybe not!! I didn't get much sleep either, a little over three hours, I see a nap in my near future!!

so we are going from freezing cold to flood....supposed to rain all week starting tomorrow. So today is the last day the animals go out all day. The rain will be almost worse than the cold. At least with the cold the barn didn't stink and was dry ( frozen under the new bedding ) , now we will have to use a ton of bedding every day and can't pick up anymore sawdust until the weather improves but we have plenty of straw still
I wonder if son's pipes are busted , sometimes when they freeze they do sometimes not

glad we did shopping yesterday so today we just need to pick up the Traverse IF they didn't find anything major . But I will be surprised if they don't . I bet it will at least be some tiny light in the back or wipers or something

Going to take Otto up the mountain, he seems better and eating the stuff I cooked him still but today I will try the new dog food.

This is another Jail Break day. Temperature is finally above freezing, so rain is liquid not solid. Going to the bank. Meeting friends for lunch (our chapter of the ROMEOS - Retired Old Men Eating Out). Grocery shopping after that. My wife is having the ladies over to play Bridge, so it will be a good day to be out.

Don't worry, Pearl. I already did the dishes. I got my marching orders last night. My wife didn't want a sink full of dirty dishes when the ladies arrive.

Back