What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished adding another 20 squares to my Entreloc afghan.
Ready to add another round of white squares.
Then will have to add third color in cause won't have enough Navy Blue to finish out afghan.
No buying new yarn, just using what I got.
Still trying to use up basket of yarns.
Made soup today, my version of PHO.
Afghan is about a 1/3 of the way done. Hopefully.
Still plugging away at Crochet Christmas list

Last edited:
I'm about to do some sanding on the last three drawers in a chest of drawers, both chest of drawers are excellent quality but surfaces are a bit raw on the inside of the drawers.

I'm about to do some sanding on the last three drawers in a chest of drawers, both chest of drawers are excellent quality but surfaces are a bit raw on the inside of the drawers.
Reminds of when I did massive amounts of trim the same way. I hand finished all the trim in this house. I can literally say my blood sweat and tears are in this house. lol

Listening to my neighbors fight.
3 families living in 2 bedroom apartment doesn't work.
They have been fighting since yesterday afternoon.
Had 4 pictures fall off the wall today.
Will move couch yet another time to retrieve my photos, Americana items.
Might just move everything to different wall altogether.
Will sleep light tonight.

About a month ago I switched a bathroom door from right hand open to left hand open. Well, today I got around to moving the light switches to the other side of the doorway. I knew it would be an awful job and it was. It took me three hours and I disliked every minute of it. But it's done and everything looks and works fine.

See you all on the other side of our move. The furniture removalist is coming tomorrow and we will take a few things to the farm, sleep overnight and then come back to the rental on Wednesday the 12th to clean up.

See you all in a few days time once we get our new internet up and running and some unpacking done.

Congratulations Sewing. Enjoy the new house and have a wonderful night. I can't wait to finally move to the mtn place.

Have to make a run to the dollar tree store this morning and I need to pop over to walmart and buy a heating pad. have laundry to do, dishes to do ( spike wanna do mine for me ?lol), have to empty and clean out the pup's heated water bucket ( have to wait until this afternoon when its warmer), and I have to figure out what I'm making for supper ( probably some fish)

I need a nap and it's not even 10 a.m.
@Spikedriver don't make me come over there.
@hiwall lucky you. All I ever see are deer. How long will it take your brain to readjust to the change of door and light? Haha
Wait, I saw a raccoon last week. Dog wants to take it down cuz dog sees it all the time.
What am I doing today? Work later. Hanging with my people.

Just watched a bobcat cross our field. Too far, too dark for a decent picture. Nice to see though.
Nice. We don't really have bobcat here, although they do exist in this state. There just isn't enough timber for them. I did see one on the road in southern Iowa once about 10 years ago...

Went to meet a friend at a mechanic to give her a ride. She didn't leave her car at the mechanic's, but in the morning I will pick her up at the dealership and take her home. Did a little shopping and banking and came home. This afternoon is game day at Church so I made a little homemade dip to take with a sleeve of crackers. Cooked DH a turkey burger and am now listening to holiday music on Pandora and playing around here on the forum. My missing tooth is hurting a little but not too bad today. I know that didn't come out right but... Good to be home.

Finally tackled the blueberries,cherries a friend brought me this summer, fall.
Reworked the chest freezer some, will have rework it some more later maybe next week.
Repackaged 12 gallon bags into 2 cup of blueberries quart bags got I think 16 quarts,8 pints(pints for smoothies).
Repackaged 5 gallon bags of cherries into 1 cup quart bags got 6 pints for smoothies, 14 quarts for pies,cobblers.
All I know for sure I'm tired. Quart bags are stacked 4 deep and 4 tall.
Still got another third of freezer to go through to see what kind of goodies he left.
Sometimes I wish I had upright freezer to for fruit, bread.
Repackaged 36 miniature French loaf rolls into 4 in a bag so got 6 bags.
Found 10 pounds of flour I didn't know I had.
Need to update freezer list and reorganize it too.
Found 2 half gallon sugar free vanilla ice cream didn't know I had.
Thinking tomorrow Estelle and I need ice cream with cherries on top depending on the day.
Hoping friend left deer meat, fish.
But kinda doubt it.
Better savor the fruit cause it will probably be the last I get at least from him.

Nice. We don't really have bobcat here, although they do exist in this state. There just isn't enough timber for them. I did see one on the road in southern Iowa once about 10 years ago...
We have at least a couple at work, They've been spotted several times this fall.
It's clear tonight so I'm planning to go outside in a bit and find the comet. I think I found it last night, but was slightly cloudy so I'm not sure.

It's been a long day. 5 hour shift as a volunteer at the local Ronald McDonald house, then off to get Christmas presents for some kids in foster care. Dinner, a little video game time, and now off to bed :)

Off work after a half day!!!
Went to do the grocery shopping and now I'm home. At least not running around like a crazy person. Our Krogers had turkeys for 67 cents a lb. You're getting a better deal, Snappy1. I bought two of them. Mostly sales on canned food for me. Libby's can veg 50 cents and I had 10 cents off coupons. Also canned fruit that I couponed down to 95 cents a can. Did get 5 tubes of Polenta for a buck a tube, organic brand. Now I need to see what I can do with it. They are one lb tubes. Low in carbs, so I'm thinking husband can eat it. Kids are setting up their haunted house at school dry run, so they'll be home later. Two teachers at their middle school walked, and hear there will be more. The twins still don't have a math teacher. Found out that 11 schools in the district accepted money from an outside corp to try a new discipline plan, one right out of Orwells 1984. Basically the teachers can't do anything to discipline, and kids are spoken to in a "community" circle within the week. Pressure is put on them to behave, or the community will suffer. Lots of drama, tears, etc...safe spaces have been set up. So our district got 4.3 mil to do this. It's now a regular occurrence for the teachers to be cussed out, hit, and just generally disrespected. What's sad, is that most of them weren't real teachers to begin with. No wonder we rank 50th in the states. We're doing math, reading, and the Bill of rights at home.

Getting ready for wind and cold tomorrow....had to get hay for Hombre...what a time we had....hay bale is too heavy for our tractor, so hubby hooked onto the hay buggy....after twenty or thirty tries, finally speared that sucker....went to crank it and the wire broke off...so to the store to buy new wire and attach it....and we are too old to try to turn it...LOL...so had to get a big jack and board and jack up the back of the huge roll of hay as hubby is cranking away to pull it up...Lord, help the neighbors from laughing....and off he finally went.....

Latest posts

Back