What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Round 1 of today is that we have folded up 4 loads of clean laundry and put it away, juiced 3kg of valencia oranges for juice and packaged around 1.4 kg of sliced champagne ham we were given into meal sized portions for the freezer. For lunch we had toasted ham and cheese sandwiches with a glass of orange juice each. DH has also watered all the potted fruit, ornamental flowers and herb potplants for the morning.

Took vacation last week to do some stuff, taxes, Dr. fishing trip, plant berries, etc. Today back to work. Walked in to 400 + emails, about half of which got deleted right away, but still had to go thru them. Try to get caught up on some things I left hanging and figure out what all my crew needed. Worked over 1.5 hours and still not ready for tomorrow. LOL

Got home and worked with my plants I have potted up waiting to plant. Probably mow tomorrow night. Meant to Friday but it's rained all weekend.
Good morning BacP and all. We've been doing the same working with plants and fighting spring growth of briars and small trees. Hurt my back pulling vines a couple days ago. It is slowly getting better.,

Plus my web is sooooooo slow.

Have girls day today. This time with daughters and two granddaughters along. So, we'll be going out for a long leisurely lunch. Then back to our place for some herbal salve making. The guys will be here for supper. Oldest daughter and her kids are moving to the outskirts of Seattle in a few weeks, so this will be our last 3 daughters together hoopla for a long while. Don't know why they decided to move...need to job hunt, have a house here...but her husband wanted to move. They don't have any savings that I know of, either. Oh well....learn these lessons while you're young?? Grandson is at Camporee this weekend, and granddaughter has a birthday sleepover at a friends tonight. After the dinner crowd leaves, it will be pretty quiet for awhile.

Have girls day today. This time with daughters and two granddaughters along. So, we'll be going out for a long leisurely lunch. Then back to our place for some herbal salve making. The guys will be here for supper. Oldest daughter and her kids are moving to the outskirts of Seattle in a few weeks, so this will be our last 3 daughters together hoopla for a long while. Don't know why they decided to move...need to job hunt, have a house here...but her husband wanted to move. They don't have any savings that I know of, either. Oh well....learn these lessons while you're young?? Grandson is at Camporee this weekend, and granddaughter has a birthday sleepover at a friends tonight. After the dinner crowd leaves, it will be pretty quiet for awhile.

We had 'girls day; last month. Nice visit. It is hard to let them make mistakes but like you said , they have to learn on their own.

Am up, dressed of sorts, sipping coffee.
Didn't sleep well last night got about 3.5 hours of continuating sleep.
So kicked back in recliner playing a few games for mind exercises(Dr. approved).
Sipping coffee, Strawberry has been out taking care of her business several times.
Almost lost her last week, but she seems to be better this week.
Another neighbor did lose her dog and two cats last week.
She thinks she knows who did it, but unfortunately can't prove it.
So I'm back to going outside with Strawberry whenever she has to go out.
Have shorten her lead quite a bit, which makes her upset.
She used to be able to lay under Maple tree but now she has to lay under raised garden bed instead.
Allergy season is here with a force to reckoned with. Bummer.
Last month we had flooding everywhere, now the ground in some areas is dry.
I water my raised bed garden boxes couple times a day so everything has a chance.
One of my PIA neighbors tried to take some Mint out of my herb garden.
She was trying to dig it up with fork(like you eat with).
If she had asked I would have probably just gave her another pot full.
I kept wondering why my herb garden looked a little sparse, now I know.
About half of it s gone, her son will replace what she has dug up again.
So this is the last year that I will have outdoors herb garden.
Everything will be repotted into flower pots.
Man, the bees and Butterflies will miss that.
Took pictures of her trying to dig up Mint on my phone.
Her children are quite upset. Me too.
I grow what I eat.
Son had my car, she thought I wasn't home.
So been varying walking times to keep her off balance.
Everybody have a wonderful day, afternoon, evening, night.
Stay safe.

I am heading out to the gun show in town.!

Went this morning for alfalfa for goats, and grapes etc. for me. Came home and swept house. Our roomate will drill holes in lick tubs this afternoon so I can plant lettuce and onions. Doing liver cleanse tonight so won't be going to Church in the morning. Best not to be in public places while it is working.

Went this morning for alfalfa for goats, and grapes etc. for me. Came home and swept house. Our roomate will drill holes in lick tubs this afternoon so I can plant lettuce and onions. Doing liver cleanse tonight so won't be going to Church in the morning. Best not to be in public places while it is working.

How do you do a liver cleanse. I know my daughter new remedy is with lemons and baking soda. She is always doing some new thing for health. She is also the only kid that is into preps. Both her and her hubby is into health.

Got back from the gun show... disappointed but did find some 3006 and 357 brass to get.
Everything there was above the going gun store prices. I found out that the crappy SKS that I have is worth 9 times what I paid for it and a 22 that I got for $5 is worth $250. I may have a sale on some guns...
maybe not, I hate to sell guns.

Meant to get up and hit the gun show in the big town. Decided to grab the wife and head to the mountians for the day. It was 70 in the valley, low 60's on top of the mountians. Wildflowers were everywhere. Creeks and rivers and waterfalls were all running so nicely. Saw lots of wild turkeys in different places. Also saw a bunch of elk spread out over several miles, they are usually bunched up in 2 or 3 spots. Traffic wasn't even too bad. Nice day to take a little break. We haven't had time to get out and do much for fun lately. I think it did us both good.

Started off the morning with DH going to an RSL branch meeting where he was voted in as treasurer for the club and he spent about 4 hours there as they were discussing future renovations etc they want to do down there as well as voted in a new vice president. While he was doing that I put on a loaf of bread in the breadmaking machine, loaded up the kitchen pantry with tinned mangoes and lychees from the food storage room and then tidied and restacked more tinned fruit in date format with oldest to the top. I then watered all the potted fruit, herb and ornamental flowers.

We had lunch when DH got home and then did our scripture study lesson for the week. Then this afternoon we made a cheesecake with homemade condensed milk and lemon juice from some we were given and froze. Then we made a big batch of chocolate fudge with homemade condensed milk and other items from food storage.

I also just listed 28 homemade items on eBay using a free listing promotion. Tonight's dinner was the second half of our homemade silverbeet and bacon quiche and homemade cheesecake for dessert.

Got back from the gun show... disappointed but did find some 3006 and 357 brass to get.
Everything there was above the going gun store prices. I found out that the crappy SKS that I have is worth 9 times what I paid for it and a 22 that I got for $5 is worth $250. I may have a sale on some guns...
maybe not, I hate to sell guns.
Meant to get up and hit the gun show in the big town. Decided to grab the wife and head to the mountians for the day. It was 70 in the valley, low 60's on top of the mountians. Wildflowers were everywhere. Creeks and rivers and waterfalls were all running so nicely. Saw lots of wild turkeys in different places. Also saw a bunch of elk spread out over several miles, they are usually bunched up in 2 or 3 spots. Traffic wasn't even too bad. Nice day to take a little break. We haven't had time to get out and do much for fun lately. I think it did us both good.

BacP, sounds like a wonderful day for you and the wife.:thumbs:.

I woke up to looking at the task we have this morning of finishing up the clearing we have been working on for months now. When I think of how much work it is I remember how blessed we are to be able to do it.
Its another beautiful morning hope all of y'all have a good day.

GOOD MORNING .:green man:

Oldest son came by this morning to inform me why all of sudden his lady's youngest daughter has taken to calling me Granny.
Seems I have neat toys. Whether they are actually toys or not. And they weren't.
But she is allowed to push it dull blades and all with adult supervision.
My adult supervision. "Reel mower".
She tells her older siblings of all the fun things her and Estelle do at Granny's house.
My place isn't big enough for all 3 of her children at once.
Estelle has a little basket of yarn and chopsticks to use as knitting needles that she is fascinated with.
So I gave her a small ball of leftover yarn and a pair of chopsticks to work with.
Big sister now wants to come to Granny's house to check out what's at Granny's house.
Been sipping coffee, am up dressed including teeth.
Got call yesterday from dad he was upset about something.
None of my siblings near and far knew the answer, but I did.
Went over dad, brother and youngest sister all upset over the back patio.
I walk in and bombarded with questions about back patio.
So get everybody to calm down, make a pot of coffee, fix pitcher of tea for everybody.
Set down at table to discuss the issues that has everybody in uproar.
Seems dad was looking out window at table, sees no color in the patio area.
I look out the window that's cause mom hadn't bought her Petunia's yet.
So we all go outside to patio, set up the pots for Petunia's, Rose Moss, Begonia's.
Out to the front porch we go, set up pots for Begonia's, Geramuins.
Dad wants to know if I will come over and help him plant the flowers.
Of course, one day this week dad and I will go to Wal-Mart and pick out Petunia's, Begonia's, Gernuims, Marigolds and a couple of tomato plants too.
Dad likes to cook, or did.
So will be starting him small herb garden too.
Because he asked me too.
Most of the starts for his herb garden will come out of my herb garden.
My family has first dibs on it instead of my PIA neighbor.
My brother and sister asked how come I knew about the flowers but they didn't.
Dad saved me from answering, said day in day out she's here helping do little things for your mom and me.
My oldest son comes over and changes light bulbs for them so nobody has to get on ladder.
He thought if he waited on my brother or sister to do something, he would be sitting in the dark.
Waiting on them to show up.
Thinking about supper now.
Thinking about pork chops, scalloped potatoes with cheese sauce baking while baking bread or biscuits this afternoon.
You guess it out of bread again.
Everybody have a good day, afternoon, evening, night wherever you are in the world.
Stay safe.

Oldest son came by this morning to inform me why all of sudden his lady's youngest daughter has taken to calling me Granny.
Seems I have neat toys. Whether they are actually toys or not. And they weren't.
But she is allowed to push it dull blades and all with adult supervision.
My adult supervision. "Reel mower".
She tells her older siblings of all the fun things her and Estelle do at Granny's house.
My place isn't big enough for all 3 of her children at once.
Estelle has a little basket of yarn and chopsticks to use as knitting needles that she is fascinated with.
So I gave her a small ball of leftover yarn and a pair of chopsticks to work with.
Big sister now wants to come to Granny's house to check out what's at Granny's house.
Been sipping coffee, am up dressed including teeth.
Got call yesterday from dad he was upset about something.
None of my siblings near and far knew the answer, but I did.
Went over dad, brother and youngest sister all upset over the back patio.
I walk in and bombarded with questions about back patio.
So get everybody to calm down, make a pot of coffee, fix pitcher of tea for everybody.
Set down at table to discuss the issues that has everybody in uproar.
Seems dad was looking out window at table, sees no color in the patio area.
I look out the window that's cause mom hadn't bought her Petunia's yet.
So we all go outside to patio, set up the pots for Petunia's, Rose Moss, Begonia's.
Out to the front porch we go, set up pots for Begonia's, Geramuins.
Dad wants to know if I will come over and help him plant the flowers.
Of course, one day this week dad and I will go to Wal-Mart and pick out Petunia's, Begonia's, Gernuims, Marigolds and a couple of tomato plants too.
Dad likes to cook, or did.
So will be starting him small herb garden too.
Because he asked me too.
Most of the starts for his herb garden will come out of my herb garden.
My family has first dibs on it instead of my PIA neighbor.
My brother and sister asked how come I knew about the flowers but they didn't.
Dad saved me from answering, said day in day out she's here helping do little things for your mom and me.
My oldest son comes over and changes light bulbs for them so nobody has to get on ladder.
He thought if he waited on my brother or sister to do something, he would be sitting in the dark.
Waiting on them to show up.
Thinking about supper now.
Thinking about pork chops, scalloped potatoes with cheese sauce baking while baking bread or biscuits this afternoon.
You guess it out of bread again.
Everybody have a good day, afternoon, evening, night wherever you are in the world.
Stay safe.

MoBook,your a good daughter.:heart:

One of my PIA neighbors tried to take some Mint out of my herb garden.
She was trying to dig it up with fork(like you eat with).
If she had asked I would have probably just gave her another pot full.
I kept wondering why my herb garden looked a little sparse, now I know.
About half of it s gone, her son will replace what she has dug up again.
So this is the last year that I will have outdoors herb garden.
Everything will be repotted into flower pots.
Man, the bees and Butterflies will miss that.
Took pictures of her trying to dig up Mint on my phone.
Her children are quite upset. Me too.
I grow what I eat.
Son had my car, she thought I wasn't home.
So been varying walking times to keep her off balance.
Everybody have a wonderful day, afternoon, evening, night.
I have had things dug out of my yard as well.

I went to the Columbine Memorial in Littleton, Colorado a few years ago. There were all kinds of columbine plants that had gone to seed, so I took some brown paper bags and harvested the seeds, brought them home and seeded in many places on my property. The Colorado state flower is the blue columbine, beautiful and evidently highly sought after. Someone dug them up and took all of them. They left the white, burgundy, yellow, purple, mauve and other columbine, but the blue ones are gone.
blue columbine.jpg

Last summer I had a friend visiting and we went to see if there were columbine that had gone to seed at the memorial. There weren't any columbine planted at all. There were other kinds of flowers, just not columbine. Sad, imho.

Picked this up today, yes I need more stuff for it, but it's a start, lolView attachment 10892

Looks good Flight. We bought some a few years ago. Hubby was good with them especially since it was his first attempt . All I got was whelps on my arms and never did hit the target .
But he is good with things like that ,really good with numb chucks years ago. One time he did bust his head open with them blood spurted out of his head down his face and mama almost passed out. Nobodies perfect,stuff happens.

Started the day with digging over a garden bed and removing the remainder of the base of the bogainvillea bush and roots. Then DH struck water with the hoe and we spent most of the day repairing that with two trips to town to get the right fittings. That done it saved us a lot of money as we found out by doing this that the tanks are indeed all linked and we don't need to get a plumber in to fix it for us for $1249 to link all 3 rainwater tanks. We put in another gate valve for the third rainwater tank we purchased too so we can now switch between them by turning valves on and off.

While out in town we filled up 6 jerry cans of fuel using a discount docket and picked up lots of meat specials on rump steak and champagne leg ham.

Our cat has taken to a game I started with her when we first got her which is racing us up the stairs and she is getting very good at it except when she goes to fast and almost fishtails into the top wall at the top of the stairs. She has not yet hit it but we are waiting for it but has hit the side of the door frame though. Today for some reason she has been racing around the house all day which is so cute to watch.

Chicken, cheese and lettuce rolls for dinner tonight as we are exhausted from baling water from the water leak until we could trace where it was coming from.

Back