What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a busy day ahead of us. Christmas dance competition tonight for my two ballerinas; which means rehearsals, hair & make up, photos, closed door performances, and eventually stage competitions. My wife will be a manic stage mother while I try and keep the other kids alive, run costumes back and forth, pick up flowers to throw on stage, take lots of pictures, and try not to get too much glitter on myself. Plus I am sure there will be at least 3 major crisis which will turn out not to be major crisis after all. Eventually this will result in a 75-90 minute performance that I will watch approx. three times today. My older dancer does ballet, tap, and jazz while my younger dancer does ballet, pom (cheer-leading), and hip-hop. The older dancer tends to win these things and is very serious about her dancing. The younger dancer is just a pure performer who enjoys the audience and the theatrics. She wins less awards but has 10x more fun. They both love it, as does their Momma who was once a little and not-so-little ballerina herself.

Sounds like a wonderful life. Something to look back on later plus all the joy of it today. I liked teaching my kids,then grandkids song and dance.

Yep, my meds arrived late yesterday. :woo hoo:
Back on schedule..had the first full night of restful sleep in a while.
I'm in NO pain today.

I'm in heaven today...John Wayne marathon of movies today.
Wife is in the kitchen starting Christmas baking.

What more could I ask for..
2 new knees, temps in the upper 50s everyday, Christmas and family coming together next week.

I'm a lucky guy.

Jim:candycane:

I'm in NO pain today.

2 new knees, temps in the upper 50s everyday, Christmas and family coming together next week.

I'm a lucky guy.

Good for you Jim!:great:

I'm in NO pain today.

I'm a lucky guy.

That's good to hear.

I'm in NO pain today.

I'm a lucky guy.

That is so good to hear. You surely don't want to be tired and crabby during your Christmas celebration time with your family, especially the children. I remember how crabby my grandfathers often were. I wish I had better memories of time with them.

Saw my daughter off with her mom this morning. They are going to Texas over Christmas to visit relatives in that side of the family, and to put her mom's dog into service dog training with a well respected trainer down there. I won't see her again until the second week of January. But on the bright side, my sister gets home from Turkey tomorrow so Christmas will be a little brighter on my side of the family.

I'm in NO pain today.

I'm a lucky guy.

Sounds like a perfect day!

I have finished several aprons, the necessary ones. Now I have leftover fabric and will keep working on finishing up aprons from that fabric that will get listed in my Etsy store. I've done some work on them this morning, but really want to get them all finished up. Some of them might actually be used for Christmas gifts.

Several week ago I cut off most of my hair,it was almost to my waste and too hard to deal with and wash.Last week I shaped it and that was a task with vision problems. Hubby helped.but I hadto watch him very closelylast time a [ few years ago] he gve me a reverse Mohawk V in back.:ghostly:.
We did an ok job. We both like it much better now shorter. It takes a fw days to see how its going to lay today it looks ok.
Ww put up turnips and greens we picked and froze them.Time to bathe the dogs, vacuum and mop. I'll do that off and on .

I wouldn't let husband get near me with scissors.
Weedy...let me know how to find your etsy. I doubt I can find it under Weedy's Etsy. I like aprons.
Round two of pureed pumpkin in the dehydrator. I cooked the remaining 18 pumpkins yesterday. Hadn't finished all of them before since the oven went kaput. It looks like three dehydrator batches. Then it's powdered for pumpkin use later. Have some out fresh, though, to use for pies for Christmas and night before. Just starting the cooking list. We have a big meal on the eve and the day of.

I wouldn't let husband get near me with scissors.
Weedy...let me know how to find your etsy. I doubt I can find it under Weedy's Etsy. I like aprons.
Round two of pureed pumpkin in the dehydrator. I cooked the remaining 18 pumpkins yesterday. Hadn't finished all of them before since the oven went kaput. It looks like three dehydrator batches. Then it's powdered for pumpkin use later. Have some out fresh, though, to use for pies for Christmas and night before. Just starting the cooking list. We have a big meal on the eve and the day of.

I was trimming it so didn't think he could mess it up,I tied a handfull of it back with elastic band held rest up in air and and ask him to just take a few inches off the rest, he cut the tied off part up the back with hair I was holding up. Good thing I had most of it up so most of Mohaek was underneith

Orange Fig Jam turned out amazing! And I managed to zest two oranges and two lemons without any bodily harm! That's a first!
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/558727897523964940/

Goats are staying here until Monday because of weather. Just messing around the rest of the day!

The wife went and picked up the Griswald Family Christmas tree yesterday. A 14-footer. We hauled the beast in today and erected it in the living room (luckily we have very high ceilings!) We have found that if you wait until a week before Christmas to buy a tree, the selection is still good for the gigantic ones, because I guess my wife is the only person around here who buys such monsters, ... and they have cut the price to 1/2 or 1/3 the original price. Several years, they have just given us the tree for free to help them dispose of excess forest inventory.

This year, miraculously, we didn't have to use any guy-wires. Most years, the tree will topple the stand, so we have strategically placed eye hooks hidden behind pictures that we can access at Christmas time to wire the tree into stability. This years tree, while tall, is skinny - so the base itself was able to support it (so far).

Last edited:
I kept a promise to myself..a family I know have been very ill with cancer...their living conditions were terrible..they try to rent from a slum lord, there are holes in the roof, the rain comes down into the house, holes in the floor they cover with rugs to try to keep the cold out. I often took them extra eggs or meat if we had it. One of our renters decided to leave, they split...just out of the blue...so I knew I had a house coming open....hired workers to clean it, new doors, bathroom redone...two weeks ago I called them, told them I would rent to them if they wanted, to give their notice, and I promised to have them in by Christmas....I did it....am squeezed to pieces from so many hugs....I know they are safe, warm, and food is on the table...they moved in within three days of my call...this is our Christmas...we rarely have a rent house open, we treat ours like family...and they stay with us for years. And she called me to tell me she was finally approved for disability ….so happy for her....hopefully her health will improve...

Today was Christmas dinner at grandmas. I was told there was a good crowd, 70+. Not all the kids or grandkids (me and a few others) could make it. It’s was nice to know that many of the clan made it home.

Dad was hurting today and didn’t feel up to going so I stayed home with him. My niece took my mom down there. They brought dad and I big plates of food back in time for supper.

I rested today, did some laundry, piddled around on a couple of projects, spent most of the day watching college bowl games. I plan a quiet evening watching more football.

I kept a promise to myself..a family I know have been very ill with cancer...their living conditions were terrible..they try to rent from a slum lord, there are holes in the roof, the rain comes down into the house, holes in the floor they cover with rugs to try to keep the cold out. I often took them extra eggs or meat if we had it. One of our renters decided to leave, they split...just out of the blue...so I knew I had a house coming open....hired workers to clean it, new doors, bathroom redone...two weeks ago I called them, told them I would rent to them if they wanted, to give their notice, and I promised to have them in by Christmas....I did it....am squeezed to pieces from so many hugs....I know they are safe, warm, and food is on the table...they moved in within three days of my call...this is our Christmas...we rarely have a rent house open, we treat ours like family...and they stay with us for years. And she called me to tell me she was finally approved for disability ….so happy for her....hopefully her health will improve...

GrannyG now thats what I call charity done right, helping those in need who are ill and need it.thats wonderful of you. Bless your heart. :huggs:

Today was Christmas dinner at grandmas. I was told there was a good crowd, 70+. Not all the kids or grandkids (me and a few others) could make it. It’s was nice to know that many of the clan made it home.

Dad was hurting today and didn’t feel up to going so I stayed home with him. My niece took my mom down there. They brought dad and I big plates of food back in time for supper.

I rested today, did some laundry, piddled around on a couple of projects, spent most of the day watching college bowl games. I plan a quiet evening watching more football.
Enjoyit your a good man Peanut.

Watched Trump at school in West Palm Beach tonight, he was at his best. He should fire his hairdresser who gave him a side curlytop though. No wonder so many peopel like him he is cool. And makes you think all is going to be ok. Obamas hope and change was dull and boring. Trump at least has pazazz. And I do hope he gets to keep his promises this time.

To get to him skip to 15"00 min.s He is still playing Arosmith and stones who said he couldn't play their songs :LOL:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back