What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just thinking about you @MoBookworm1957 Only a couple more days until you get to be like the bionic woman:)
I was back at work today. I'm so out of routine but need to get my head in the game as it will be end of month, end of quarter, and end of year. Wish me luck.

Chasing Strawberry, my little escape artist escaped today.
So I'm walking the neighborhood looking for my Strawberry.
Where was she when I got back home about froze.
With wind out of north, it was a breezey 21*.
But there was Strawberry sitting on my old fashion metal lawn chair waiting on me to show up.
So today I walked over 2900 steps, but whose counting, not me.
Was just happy to see Strawberry safe and sound.
Got my surgery information today.
They say I will be home in 2-3 days after surgery.
The back up dog sitter isn't in good health, so it's been decided he can't sit Strawberry.
So my oldest son will come over on his lunch time and after work to take care of Strawberry.
Otherwise she will be muzzled and in the kennel till I get home.
So ready for this to be over.
Excited about the surgery, but worried about my girl Strawberry.

MoBook, sorry about Strawberry, being in kennel I know that is hard on you and her. Hope you heal really quick and get home to her. :huggs:

I was just thinking about you @MoBookworm1957 Only a couple more days until you get to be like the bionic woman:)
I was back at work today. I'm so out of routine but need to get my head in the game as it will be end of month, end of quarter, and end of year. Wish me luck.
Thank you

Prayers for you , your DH, and most importantly the kid.

My goodness Terri, you and the kid are in our prayers. Hubby and I do care for all of you here, special one for the kid tonight.:huggs:

Thanks y'all. After running a bunch of tests they said it was Hypomagnesia. They gave her a magnesium IV and her heart rate came back up. (She kept dropping down to the mid 30's) We are finally on our way home but we have to go back to see her Dr in the morning.

I have a busy day ahead of me. I am cooking several large meals one right after another and a few at the same time. The first couple meals I am going to prepare & package up to take them to my parents on New Years Day. They will hopefully make things easier on my Mom (who is caring for my Dad post-surgery). I am also cooking for a Veterans Dinner which happens on every big holiday, hosted by a local community club. I offered to smoke a couple large pork loins for them and ordered several dozen buns that the bakery will deliver. The pork loins have already been prepped and just need to get smoked. Finally I am cooking dinner for us and our invited guests, who are members of our church whose spouses are on deployment. Three wives and 4 children will be coming over for New Year's Eve dinner and games. Fortunately I am just cooking for the last group, the kids are on clean up duty and my wife will be the entertainment director.

Not a lot done today.

DH did wash the dishes and clean the benches and I wiped them and put them away. I then got on a loaf of bread in the bread making machine and put in a grocery order to pick up on the 6th of January and managed with discount codes, gift cards and money off our supermarket purchases with our rewards card to increase our food storage by 6 tins of apple pie filling for free.

Tonight's dinner was homemade pizza and free garlic bread I got for being a supermarket taste tester.

Happy New Year @Tank-Girl don't know if you stayed up for it, we did and Happy New Year to everyone else sometime in our afternoon tomorrow over in the States.

Yikes @Terri9630 glad they figured it out and she is back up and running. Does she need to start taking a magnesium supplement now?

Yes. The prenatal vitamins the Docs have her on doesn't have enough so we have to add it.

I have a busy day ahead of me. I am cooking several large meals one right after another and a few at the same time. The first couple meals I am going to prepare & package up to take them to my parents on New Years Day. They will hopefully make things easier on my Mom (who is caring for my Dad post-surgery). I am also cooking for a Veterans Dinner which happens on every big holiday, hosted by a local community club. I offered to smoke a couple large pork loins for them and ordered several dozen buns that the bakery will deliver. The pork loins have already been prepped and just need to get smoked. Finally I am cooking dinner for us and our invited guests, who are members of our church whose spouses are on deployment. Three wives and 4 children will be coming over for New Year's Eve dinner and games. Fortunately I am just cooking for the last group, the kids are on clean up duty and my wife will be the entertainment director.

I'd call that a wonderful day. I use to have days like that, now mostly bordom and work.
Soon as flu season is calmed down we'er taking a trip.
We moved away 24 years ago to have a organic and guard donkey business but fate had other plans for us now we'er stuck here like our place its just too far away.

Still at work, but at least we get to leave early today. We will be in the neighborhood tonight celebrating New Years with friends. Much safer and cheaper than going out. The music is better. The company is better. Looking forward to an enjoyable evening.

The truly comic part will be watching everyone to see if we make it to midnight. With this group our parties were legendary. We would be going out for breakfast when the sun came up buying more beer. Now we are lucky to be awake for the 10:00 news. Now we don't drink as much as we used to spill. Still should be a good time. Old friends are the best friends.

Well , happy New year's Eve to yall.
Looks like they have got the infection totally eliminated from my knee.
Geeze , that was no fun.

Not gonna do much today, just go out somewhere for lunch.

Jim

And back at ya Phideaux. Hope you have a Happy and Safe New year.

I'll probably try to stay up till midnight but for those who don't .

Happy New Year to all. We will see plenty of celebrations here from nieghbors fireworks. Many younger gamilies have moved in past decade or so. We used ot go to the beach in StAugustine but now stayhome.

I will sleep through the fireworks. My bedtime is eleven so I can get my eight hours in by seven. I enjoy the morning hours for the most part.

Haven't done much today.
Didn't sleep well last night.
This morning was one of my practice runs of getting up at 0330 hours.
It's not even 1300 hours yet and I'm ready for a nap.
Got some dishes to do, then will probably take a nap.
Have to figure out something for supper.
Because I cleaned out the refrig yesterday.
No yucky pieces on my dehyrated potatoes.
Anybody heard from timmie lately?
Rereading forums, drinking coffee.

Last edited:
Geeze , that was no fun.

Jim
Glad they got rid of the infection Jim.
That's what I fought on my first knee quite a bit.

Haven't done much today.
Didn't sleep well last night.
This morning was one of my practice runs of getting up at 0330 hours.
It's not even 1300 hours yet and I'm ready for a nap.
Got some dishes to do, then will probably take a nap.
Have to figure out something for supper.
Because I cleaned out the refrig yesterday.
No yucky pieces on my dehyrated potatoes.
Anybody heard from timmie lately?
Rereading forums, drinking coffee.

Not me I was wondering about Timmie too.

Glad they got rid of the infection Jim.
That's what I fought on my first knee quite a bit.

They told me if it got to the new hardware, they would have to remove hardware for 6 months. Then start over.

Don't want that.

I got pm into Timmie last week, no reply. Last I heard she was in hospital.

Geeze , that was no fun.

Jim

That's wonderful news! Happy New Years!

Happy New Year everyone. I plan on sleeping right through it :)
I do every year lol I see no point in messing up my sleep for something like this ( I have enough sleep issues don't need more). Silly IMO
Just another day to me

Yep! Each day is the end of the last year and the first of a new one. Live it like you love it!

Latest posts

Back