What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woke up, got ready for the day, scraped the windows on my Tahoe as it warmed up, went to work for all of 90 minutes before being called home for a child throwing up with a mild fever. Wife had a busy day scheduled while I did not. Plus out nanny is still at her family home until the 13th on holiday break from college. So now I am on Dad duty as part time nurse and house keeper.

Well this is when all those lessons from ' mama ' kick in. My son learned them too, served him well being father and now grandfather now and then when he is in town.:thumbs:

Still working on putting together a Solidarity Rally at the state capital in support of Virginia on Jan. 20.

Also working on coalescing a group of fellow Patriots (in my county) to bring a resolution to my county board of commissioners about enacting 2A sanctuary status for our county. Also working with and watching others doing the same in their respective counties.

Trying to drag people out of the shadows that profess to be pro 2A, yet when the time comes they don't participate.................sigh.

I'm a big guy with a big mouth and I ain't politically correct, I am not afraid to speak my mind!

Still working on putting together a Solidarity Rally at the state capital in support of Virginia on Jan. 20.

Also working on coalescing a group of fellow Patriots (in my county) to bring a resolution to my county board of commissioners about enacting 2A sanctuary status for our county. Also working with and watching others doing the same in their respective counties.

Trying to drag people out of the shadows that profess to be pro 2A, yet when the time comes they don't participate.................sigh.

I'm a big guy with a big mouth and I ain't politically correct, I am not afraid to speak my mind!

Good luck with that CurmM,we tried to do that in 2006, not many showed up at our event which just made us stick out and gain more enemies.
We paid for 1000 flyers put them up everywhere, announced it on local radio and walkws up and dowm street in Gainesville at UF and still nobody came but a few WW11vets 15 students and a few others. Headed for the border no flags on trucks , Atlanta State Capital taken over by illegals at political meeting.
I was very upset with Americans to say the least. Sincethen I bet there are at least 30 million more illeglas and more coming in on anchor baby, dry foot, family reunification,etc,.
So goodluck with the rally,be careful and God Bless you all. God made nations for a reason yet many Chrisitans are deceived .

Good for you! If all these (gun) control measures pass in Virginia, they may soon be coming to your state or a state near you. The governor seems to be doubling down on his efforts as he is proposing a budget to include millions to put his plans into effect, regardless of what many of his constituents want. Living in a more rural part of the state, we are consistently being outvoted by the larger population around the D.C.area - and Bloomsburg's spemding.

they may soon be coming to your state

They already are, we have a Democrat Gov, a Democrat AG both whom are on board with unconstitutional laws. Our only saving grace at the moment is we have a Republican House, and they have vowed it won't make it to the Senate for passage.

I got about 3hrs sleep this morning before my last post. ICU is small private rooms. They brought me a recliner that will lay flat.

I slept another hour before family arrived. Went and bought another phone battery. Good to go.

Dad is improving. No longer so combative. 4 rounds of IV antibiotics. Nothing for pain since he,s still disoriented.

Nothing to do but sit and wait. Think I,ll take another nap...

MO! Glad to see you are at home. Take your pain meds and let that leg mend. I know you have to move it but please don't over do it.
I wish you were closer cause I would bring my wife over and cook for you while she helped clean. Be as nice to yourself as you are to those you love!

We worked a bit this morning and then went over to my uncles quarry to watch a big shot go off. It was a 60,000 cubic yard blast. In my younger years I ran this quarry for him and I still like to watch the big shots go off. Jake is still on Christmas break so he got to watch it with me

Attachments

• E1A22FCC-3F1C-4D56-B0E1-0BF041ECCC54.jpeg
    E1A22FCC-3F1C-4D56-B0E1-0BF041ECCC54.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 78
Went up to Abq to the kids endocrinologist. She thinks the kids pancreas is dumping insulin as soon as she eats and that's why her blood sugar isn't rising like it should be and crashes after eating. Doc wants her to take a med for a couple of months to see if it helps, if not she will be admitted for the next test. A 72hr fast with blood work.

We had lots of fun getting the prescription filled. 5 different pharmacies before we found one that had it then I had to call the ins company to explain why she needed the test strips when she's not diabetic. We left this morning at 7am and just got home, about 8:30pm. Its been a long day and I'm now pretty sure that CVS means "next to Walgreens".

It's me! It's me! It's Earnest T! Since dad's not in a regular room I couldn't shower etc at the hosp. I called an audible... Came home for a few hours, shower, laundry, pay all my bills and get a book, any book! Nothing worse than sitting through the night in a dark ICU room with beeping machines when you can't watch tv or read. I haven't been to sleep before 5am in a week so sleep was out of the question anyway. I'll go back about 3am, snooze a bit before the morning starts, worked it out with the ICU people before I left.

Dad's in a lot of pain tonight and disoriented but NOT combative! A huge improvement over last night. He met tonight's nurse early this morning when moved from the ER. He liked her, calmed right down while she started IV's and hooked up monitors. 2 hours before in the ER it took 3 people to hold him while a 4th started an IV. So I felt comfortable leaving him for a few hours for a quick trip home.

When I left the ICU staff were combing the books... Trying to come up with something they could give dad for pain... so he could actually sleep through the night. Fingers crossed for when I get back... he'll be resting easy for the first time in a week. ;)

@MoBookworm1957
Well , glad your home , and the main surgery is done.

Now it's the work hard part. In a couple weeks you'll start feeling much better.

If I was close by I'd sure give you some help.

Do what you gotta do and get lots of rest.
Keep the pain meds in front of the pain.

Prayers for smooth sailing for ya.

Jim
Thanks Jim.
Main thing right now is rest.
Taking it one day at a time.
Walked a big 155 steps today.
But a least I started in the right direction.
Still trying the blue stuff off my foot, thigh.
Now the real struggle begins.
TET hose for 6 weeks.

No one stays with me during the day.
Have people in and out through the day.
No one stays with me at night either.
Had Home Health Physical Therapy at my apartment this afternoon.
Physical Therapy was here 3 hours for paperwork, exercises etc.
Tomorrow Home health housecleaning will be here tomorrow.
Dinner tonight was provided by my dad.
Potato soup, garden salad.
Have no clue what tomorrow will bring.
Supposed to rest, put my foot up for majority of the day.
I exercised several times today.
Walked over 600 steps.
Not real crazy with the directive home health gave today.
Will have to figure out how I can have bird bath without getting right leg wet.
Oldest son will be doing grocery shopping for me for the two weeks.
Have no clue how you can be freezing(on blood thinners)and running low grade fever too.
Super tired, went to bed at 6 pm this evening.
Hopefully will sleep in in the morning.
Maybe 7:30 am.

What med, Terri? Did you check Walgreens? Next time, text, and maybe our daughter can track it down for you. She's at Walgreens on Unser in Rio Rancho on the weekends, but can call a head pharmacist. CVS does mean next to Walgreens around here ha ha.

Acarbose 25mg. We went to the Wal-Mart near the Dr's office and the Walgreens in the parking lot but they didn't have it. Walgreens got on their computer and said another one had it but they didn't neither did the CVS across the street. We finally found it at Unser and McMahon.

Dang,

I sure feel bad for so many of my friends ...
@Peanut , man, I sure feel for ya , hanging around a hospital is detrimental to your health, you gotta take care , and get some rest. Pray for your dad that he gets the right meds to help him.

@Terri9630 , geeze, that's gotta be frustrating , and tiring to trek all over all day like that , but the kid needs the help, pray they find the answer , and get her on the road to living a normal , healthy life.

@MoBookworm1957 , bless your heart , I know what your going thru right now , and it ain't fun, gosh I had my wife with me 24/7 and it was tough at first...ice packs constantly, meds , bathroom trips, eating, elevating the leg, pillows . Praying that your time right now and the next couple weeks are extra easy on ya. Take the pain meds and use ice packs. Tylenol helped me with the fever and chills. I don't know what the blue stuff is, and my surgeon said no hose of any kind. Hope you heal quick Mo.

Jim

Back in the ICU. Dad is sooo much better. I'm not sure what they gave him but it has helped greatly. He's not resting like you or I would but this will help a lot.

Tip... Years of servicing CT/MRI at night/entrance at night... Make sure you speak to and learn the name of a many security people/ER people as possible at a hospital you'll be spending time at. Your life will be a lot easier. Speedy entrance/access. They'll go out of their way to help. :)

@Peanut , that's a bit of good news. Hope he continues to improve.

Well, I'm up and about, had a restless night, had to recover my cover from the floor twice.
But,
The coffee is especially good this chilly 25 degree morning,
As I get ready to go to the big town to see my ortho surgeon for the last time...dang I wish I had a 3rd knee , just so I could continue visiting him...NOT.:D

Gonna be a busy day,
I have an appointment to check out a pristine, like new 1977 , low milage, Buick Riviera , 403 CI Olds built engine, very rare.
39374454001_medium.jpg
Then we will be lunching somewhere .
Then home to collapse.:)

Jim

@Terri9630 , geeze, that's gotta be frustrating , and tiring to trek all over all day like that , but the kid needs the help, pray they find the answer , and get her on the road to living a normal , healthy life.

Its fusterating but we wanted to get the med before we left Abq because its not commonly prescribed and I knew our local pharmacy wouldn't have it. I'd rather hit a dozen places in Abq than have to make the 180 mile round trip back to our pharmacy after they ordered it. I'll have to call in the refill a week early so they can order and refill it on time.

@MoBookworm1957 Glad you're home! When does Strawberry come home? And how is she doing?

@Peanut I pray that you and your dad can both get some rest!

Yesterday morning, we went to bank again reference the flood ins. issue as we did not hear anything over the holidays. Supposedly on the 24, the requirement was removed (again) but they did not remove it online for my account and we have not received any paperwork resolving it yet. I did ask for a letter and to have it removed online. We will see. Again, so thankful for God and our banker lady both!

Yesterday, I made tuna salad for myself, goulash for DH and did laundry.

Today, I have swept the house, made rice in the instant pot for dog use. Getting ready to go pick some greens and then cook them (after I make a smoothie). Thrift shop is supposed to come pick up a couple of pieces of furniture so will probably be sweeping again.

Have a good day!

I'd be careful about the flood insurance. My FIL hollered for well over 15 years about being forced to pay for flood insurance. In El Paso, in the middle of the desert. Where the avg rainfall is 10 inches per year. He was so excited that his house would be paid off in a few months so he wouldn't have to pay for that blasted insurance anymore.

Well...in 2006 when he had 5 feet of water in his house because of the freak heavy rains he was extremely thankful that his newly paid off house was covered until the end of the year. His neighbor had a retaining wall fail and ended up with a wall of mud crashing through his house.

@snappy1 I think Insurance is a 4-letter word o_O

I began my CAD class yesterday. The prof. sounds like the teacher on Feris Beuler's Day Off. But, he's nice. There are only 5 students in the class myself included. I am the only female and the oldest w/ exception of prof. I am quite thankful actually as with so few students and an easy going prof. I should be able to "get it" and move ahead a little if I want, which I do want :D
Jim, have you run out of automobiles already? What did you do with the last one wife bought you - heehee.

Also, y'all need to get better by spring. Got that? It's an order. I want you all in tip-top shape ;) (Hoping each of you who suffers ~ heal quickly and completely.)

I got about 3hrs sleep this morning before my last post. ICU is small private rooms. They brought me a recliner that will lay flat.

I slept another hour before family arrived. Went and bought another phone battery. Good to go.

Dad is improving. No longer so combative. 4 rounds of IV antibiotics. Nothing for pain since he,s still disoriented.

Nothing to do but sit and wait. Think I,ll take another nap...
Went up to Abq to the kids endocrinologist. She thinks the kids pancreas is dumping insulin as soon as she eats and that's why her blood sugar isn't rising like it should be and crashes after eating. Doc wants her to take a med for a couple of months to see if it helps, if not she will be admitted for the next test. A 72hr fast with blood work.

We had lots of fun getting the prescription filled. 5 different pharmacies before we found one that had it then I had to call the ins company to explain why she needed the test strips when she's not diabetic. We left this morning at 7am and just got home, about 8:30pm. Its been a long day and I'm now pretty sure that CVS means "next to Walgreens".

Terri I sure hope they can find out something soon. And new meds do the trick.:huggs:

Back in the ICU. Dad is sooo much better. I'm not sure what they gave him but it has helped greatly. He's not resting like you or I would but this will help a lot.

Tip... Years of servicing CT/MRI at night/entrance at night... Make sure you speak to and learn the name of a many security people/ER people as possible at a hospital you'll be spending time at. Your life will be a lot easier. Speedy entrance/access. They'll go out of their way to help. :)

Good advice, also Peanut maybe take a earphone set in the ICU to listen on phone to music or even Youtube in that dark room.

Latest posts

Back