What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dad is so much better this morning. He drank a bottle of water then a cup of coffee and had breakfast... More than he has eaten or drunk in an entire day since last Thursday. My niece relieved me for a while this morning. I drove home for a shower and change of clothes. I have to get back right away, she's taking her youngest to get his drivers license.

The cultures aren't back so they haven't pinpointed the exact antibiotic he needs. Hopefully they'll move him to a regular room today or tomorrow. Fingers crossed, maybe home by the end of the week.

Good day with me today.
Been doing a few chores indoors this morning.
Had plenty coffee...even had a huge blueberry muffin.

Surgeon told me yesterday to enjoy life, do whatever I want to, that would be my therapy.

Trying to decide lunch for today.

45 degrees outside..
Uuggh.

Need 10 deg warmer to tinker outside.

I'm happy@Peanut is getting things better with his dad.
Glad to see @MoBookworm1957 is improving.
I still worry about timmie.
I am concerned about @Sewingcreations15 .

Jim

Glad your doing much better, but I am concerned for both of them too Jim.

Went to the hospital to visit a friend, he was just told he has maybe 2 to 4 weeks to live.

No prior signs symptoms etc, just got a bad pain in his belly, went in for tests and they found that his liver is toast.

That's terrible, Cur.
Granddaughter had first day of school today and liked it. She can ride the bus to and from starting tomorrow. Didn't get much done today, driving her there, meeting with the teacher, then grocery shopping, then unloading and put away, then going back to get her. Had to park quite a ways away to get to her room. It was a half day, so she wasn't there long. Bumped into a lot of former students, so that was fun. She's excited to ride the bus for her first time.
Attempting to figure out the Cappucino/Espresso maker I bought husband for Christmas. I refuse to buy any more Keurig cups. We're down to just a few, so I better figure it out.

Another friend was diagnosed with colon and liver cancer about 5 weeks ago, been doing chemo and instead of shrinking it's spreading. It doesn't sound good for him either, but I pray I am wrong.

Just lost another friend to cancer about 2 months ago.

Cancer sucks, sorry, there ain't no other way to say it.

@Morgan101 (ain't no) thought about your post the other day when I typed that, got a chuckle, lol.

@phideaux thank you for your concern we got caught up in medical appointments and sorting out things for DH and the heat has been atrocious here. Good news is that the air conditioning will be installed here on Monday or Tuesday in the home.

We have got hold of an RSL advocate for DH to put in multiple claims to DVA for injuries from his accident and getting paper work together. So far we have established he does have osteoarthritis in his hips and deterioration in his neck, one shoulder and lower back, anxiety, depression and PTSD. Next Wednesday we have the first appointment with the advocate and he wants to send DH for hearing tests too to put in another claim for his hearing loss too. He has had some particularly down days of late so it has been a bit difficult to try and get DH on some sort of even keel as he sort of dropped his bundle with the aneurysm diagnosis but is more cheery at the moment.

I have also had a lot of shoulder pain from a son injury from years earlier and was not functioning really well either so DH gave me a massage last night and this morning I am quite a bit better with less pain. Apparently I had a lot of muscle knots which DH is good at sorting out and I took some panadol.

Yesterday we went to a larger town for a doctors appointment for DH to get some medication prescriptions for DH and did a bit of shopping and picked up some medications at the pharmacy for both DH and I. We decided to have lunch out and that was lovely, just Subway 6" subs and we brought some lovely cream buns for dessert. Last night's dinner was cold beef roast we had previously cooked and portioned in the freezer and homemade pasta salad with ice cream for dessert.

This morning we got out two spare sets of new sheets to replace two of our other ones we have been using literally started falling apart after about 8 years but they had done a mighty job for that long. I will wash the new sheet sets tomorrow and we will have some good sheets now to work with. I had purchased these Egyptian cotton sheets on a really good sale on eBay before we purchased our home knowing the sheets we were using were getting rather threadbare. Just emptied the kitchen bin and DH emptied the recycling bin.

Thank you @phideaux and glad you are having a good day today :) .

The worst fires are mainly in New South Wales and we live in Queensland. We have had a couple of fires here too with one 30 km one way twice and another 60 km away the other but so far none close to us thank goodness. We have had a lot of smoke haze though.

Glad your Dad is feeling a little better and they are sorting through his issues @Peanut.

Sorry to hear about your friend @Curmudgeon he, his family and you will be in our prayers.

Anyone heard from @timmie ?.

Glad you're ok @Sewingcreations15 was getting worried. Your wallaby is now famous with the nurses in the ICU here in dad's hospital. The photo you posted is on my phone. We were sharing photos last night. ;)

MRI postponed until tomorrow...

One nurse... I began playing bluegrass music with her uncle when I was 9. Her dad dated my cousin a few years ago. We had never met but... She's almost family.

Last edited:
@Peanut good deal. Maybe you will all get some comfortable rest soon.
@Curmudgeon So sorry to hear about your friends. We get "mocked" at times because we try to eat healthily and don't eat or use certain things but guess what we don't want for ourselves or our loved ones? It hurts to lose those you care about.
@Amish Heart Glad she had a good day at school. That makes things easier.
@Sewingcreations15 So good to know you are safe. Good that there is an advocate to visit with. Someone who knows what hoops need to be jumped can be a huge help.
@phideaux Jim, you are just awesome. I'm glad you're feeling better- missed pickin on ya there for a while.
I too sent timmie a pm but have not heard back. Also tried to pm innkeeper again but it still didn't work. Hope he's healing. At least we know he's okay. Haven't heard from MoBook today so hopefully she's getting some rest. Anesthesia can make one "off" for a few days.

Guess what I did today!
You'll laugh, but it's okay.
I got my walk in today several times.
For about 6 trips per small bags of dirty laundry.
Got 1 load of laundry washed, dried, but not completely put away.
Planning on doing dishes tomorrow.
I have new Physical Therapist.
I also click now when I walk.
For the last few days, my right knee has been swollen so much.
My old sweat pants which is size 16 is tight with the right knee swelling.
Right now, I have a an ice pack from my right hip, to my right ankle on my right leg.
I finally got a three hour nap today after therapy.
I have had 3 solid meals today. Kept them down.
Still don't know if I will every warm up.
Tomorrow will be one week out from surgery.
Started new PT routine today.
I will start marching tomorrow.
Stretching, bending that knee more.
Increasing yoga exercises into therapy.
Heel toe movements.
Curm, sorry to hear about your friends.
Peanut, glad you're finally getting some answers.
Amish glad grand daughter had a good day at school.
Sewing glad DH is better.
My blood pressure dropped a bit lower than normal.

Another friend was diagnosed with colon and liver cancer about 5 weeks ago, been doing chemo and instead of shrinking it's spreading. It doesn't sound good for him either, but I pray I am wrong.

Just lost another friend to cancer about 2 months ago.

Cancer sucks, sorry, there ain't no other way to say it.

@Morgan101 (ain't no) thought about your post the other day when I typed that, got a chuckle, lol.

Sometimes that is just plain the best way to say it. Ain't no doubt about it. Sorry to hear about your friends. We will keep them in out prayers.

Sometimes that is just plain the best way to say it. Ain't no doubt about it. Sorry to hear about your friends. We will keep them in out prayers.

Thanks, I thought you would appreciate the double negative, lol.

At our age we are loosing lots of friends.

Yeah, unfortunately these guys are/were still fairly young 40's and 50's is way too young to leave us.

Round 2 of today is DH and I went and swept, mopped and cleaned the toilets and windows down at the RSL club. Got home and I watered the gardens and potted fruit trees. We then folded up 2 loads of washing and put it away.

Tonight's dinner was cold cooked chicken, homemade pasta salad, some cherry tomatoes picked from the gardens and dessert was ice-cream.

Did a quick walmart run for a few things this morning. Getting ready to spread some gravel at bottom of back steps as it becomes a mud puddle when it rains. Will do eBay photos and not sure what else today. I did buy more turnips so I may cook them up!

@Peanut good deal. Maybe you will all get some comfortable rest soon.
@Curmudgeon So sorry to hear about your friends. We get "mocked" at times because we try to eat healthily and don't eat or use certain things but guess what we don't want for ourselves or our loved ones? It hurts to lose those you care about.
@Amish Heart Glad she had a good day at school. That makes things easier.
@Sewingcreations15 So good to know you are safe. Good that there is an advocate to visit with. Someone who knows what hoops need to be jumped can be a huge help.
@phideaux Jim, you are just awesome. I'm glad you're feeling better- missed pickin on ya there for a while.
I too sent timmie a pm but have not heard back. Also tried to pm innkeeper again but it still didn't work. Hope he's healing. At least we know he's okay. Haven't heard from MoBook today so hopefully she's getting some rest. Anesthesia can make one "off" for a few days.

I second this emotion.

I am in THIS club.LadyL thanks fro saying it for me.

Latest posts

Back