What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: If you can avoid it, DO NOT USE "HughesNet" for your ISP. Pess had HughesNet installed because MediaCom does not serve the area to which he moved. BAD NEWS!!! He is now getting XFinity (Comcast subsidiary). HughesNet is the absolute worst ISP either of us has ever experienced...drops the connection at least 6 - 8 times an HOUR, and you have to reset your wi-fi adapter each time. PITIFUL service.

I’ve had Hughes net for 10 years now. The only time service drops is during a thunderstorm. I lose my satellite tv at the same time. Other than that, I get great service.

The only problem I’ve had with the company was a few years ago. Once a year I update all my software and I would get close to my usage limit for the month. They would slow down my service on purpose wanting me to upgrade to a faster package. The Feds fined them for that so it doesn’t happen anymore.

There is another satellite internet package available to me. It’s through my satellite tv provider, dish network. They lease satellite time from Hughes… 6 of one, half dozen of the other. I used to have dialup here. That company went out of business so my only option is satellite.

My only complaint if I had one today is communication. Hughes net customer service is in India. If I call them with an issue I have to enunciate clearly and be careful of the terminology I use… Yesterday when I called Dell tech support, it’s in the Philippines, go figure... :rolleyes:

I’m happy with Hughes net. :)
Hahahaaahahaha! What to do? I can't get a landline out here so I have to go somewhere. Could they all rent from the same satellite?

Disclaimer, I have never had satellite internet service. When we were shopping for a house way out in the country I knew I would likely need to go to satellite for internet service. So I read a whole bunch of reviews on the different satellite internet service companies. The reviews were so bad that they were often quite humorous and if anyone has some time and wants some cheap entertainment I suggest reading some of those reviews.
After reading the reviews I changed the search criteria for a house to one having internet service other than satellite. We found this house at the end of the phone line that still offered DSL and I am happy with it.

The dog and I will make a run to the eco depot aka the dump. Then I think it will be time to snow blow. Did I mention that I am getting tired of snowblowing yet? It’s not hard work and I don’t mind doing it, there is just a point when it seems wearying.

After that I am not sure what I’ll tackle next. The list is long so there is no shortage of possibilities

Then I think it will be time to snow blow. Did I mention that I am getting tired of snowblowing yet? It’s not hard work and I don’t mind doing it, there is just a point when it seems wearying.

This reminds me of mowing grass.... it...just....keeps....growing...never......ends...

Till winter comes.

:ghostly:
Jim

This reminds me of mowing grass.... it...just....keeps....growing...never......ends...

Till winter comes.

:ghostly:
Jim
yup, love mowing the lawn and the look of a freshly mowed back yard, but after a while .... then it’s time to rake leaves ... then snowblower. It’s all what I call invisible work ... the only time anyone notices is when it’s not done

Actually I'm taking it easy today,I'm at a stand still with the Ranger until the rest of my parts get here and also 2 of our grandkids spent the night and are still here.

Enjoy the grandkids. I always love to see mine

Most years, we start mowing grass in March.....and mow right up to December ...

Think that gets old????

and Spensive too.
Gas, Oil, Filters, Blades, Belts, (if nothin breaks).
syardwork_mowlawn_100-100.gif

Jim

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: If you can avoid it, DO NOT USE "HughesNet" for your ISP. Pess had HughesNet installed because MediaCom does not serve the area to which he moved. BAD NEWS!!! He is now getting XFinity (Comcast subsidiary). HughesNet is the absolute worst ISP either of us has ever experienced...drops the connection at least 6 - 8 times an HOUR, and you have to reset your wi-fi adapter each time. PITIFUL service.
If you had ask for advice, maybe some body could have and would have said something.

Kitchen is cleaned.
Bathroom is cleaned.
Laundry is sorted.
Strawberry has been outside to take care of business several times.
Getting ready to go babysit grand daughter.
Ham and cheese omelet when I get home for supper.
Strawberry thinks she has to go outside one more time(sigh).
Putting on my glasses, putting phone in purse.

Went to load truck for dinner my run. Dead battery. Pulled car up beside it to boost it. Checked battery cable and it triggered the doors on truck to lock ... with keys inside. fortunately my lovely bride was home so used her truck key to open door and retrieve mine. Got truck loaded and went to close back gate, it jammed somehow and bit two of my fingers. Ouch, shucks, golly gee ... or something like that came out of my mouth. Stepped on an icy spot and ended up on my backside in the snow.

Finally get to the ecostation to learn that they changed some of the rules and had to resort everything.Fun and games.

On the way home, a guy runs a stop sign nearly taking out my truck.

Safely home now. My 1/2 hour trip to the dump and back closer to 3 hours

I am going to have a nap and not tackle any more projects today other than snowblowing. .

Went to load truck for dinner my run. Dead battery. Pulled car up beside it to boost it. Checked battery cable and it triggered the doors on truck to lock ... with keys inside. fortunately my lovely bride was home so used her truck key to open door and retrieve mine. Got truck loaded and went to close back gate, it jammed somehow and bit two of my fingers. Ouch, shucks, golly gee ... or something like that came out of my mouth. Stepped on an icy spot and ended up on my backside in the snow.

Finally get to the ecostation to learn that they changed some of the rules and had to resort everything.Fun and games.

I am going to have a nap and not tackle any more projects today other than snowblowing. .

God was trying to warn you to stay home! At least he made you miss a wreck.

AND ,
Here I thought I was the only one that had days like that...:dunno:

Jim

I wonder why life goes like this? I don't know why it does, but we all have days like this. Glad you are safely home now!

Went to breakfast with husband, went to pick up his prescriptions. Came back home and picked up the grandkids and went to Sams for big purchasing. Restocked up on everything. Grandkids unloaded to the truck, and unloaded to the house. Then I put everything away. Went to the feed store and bought (5) 40 gallons rubbermaid stock tanks to garden in. I'm going to pick up some concrete blocks to set them up a little higher tomorrow. Filled the dehydrator with shredded zucchini I bought for 50 cents a lb. Our son's girlfriend's parents came to visit them (and us) this afternoon. Met her dad for the first time. Nice man. My oldest grandson stopped in and brought us some wine his dad made. A Merlot. I broke up the dog fight of the century between two of our dogs. The third one watched. One now has a chunk gone from his ear. It bled alot, and I cleaned it with peroxide. I finally moved our 7 youngster chickens out of the house. Then the grandkids helped me clean up the atrium where their cage was. Birds are messy. Decided to cook outside dutch oven for dinner. The weather was decent at 60 degrees and no wind. I made barbeque chicken with bacon, a spinach quiche, and a blueberry cobbler. It hit the spot. I did three loads of wash. I did some housecleaning and talked with a cousin in Kansas. There were workmen at our farmhouse, and everyone wanted to know who, what, where, why. We are putting in a bathroom upstairs. I'm sure some of my lady cousins will go over and oversee the work and let me know! We won't be there till the end of March. So...I didn't get done what I intended to, but I'm pooped out and ready for bed. Granddaughter has a friend spending the night, so I hope they're not up all night.

Slept in till 6 am. Thing II came over for Coffee. Went to town, saw Ms Chen. Went to Sportmans warehouse and bought a pair of "Merrel Moab IIs". Got a Pedicure with Foot Massage and a Man A Cure from Ms Do (Dough). Ate late in town. Got some Groceries. Think Ill listen to some Music and sleep on the couch.

Painted the walls and ceiling in my new shop(I hate painting).

I hate painting too, never been able to do it very well. I had a friend who used to tell me I was “The most dangerous man alive with a can of spray paint”. :D

Rainy outside all day so I did indoor chores, still trying to figure out medical bills. :(

Painted the walls and ceiling in my new shop(I hate painting). Tomorrow I'll likely start moving tools and junk into the shop at last.
Enjoy the fruits of your labor. You deserve it!

I hate painting too, never been able to do it very well. I had a friend who used to tell me I was “The most dangerous man alive with a can of spray paint”. :D

Rainy outside all day so I did indoor chores, still trying to figure out medical bills. :(
I hate medical bills! If it wasn't for that, we would be doing real good financially.
Ok well. Praise God our nose is still above water!

Signed up today for a "Civilian Response for an Active Shooter" class through my Church! It will be next week and I think it is a good thing and looking forward to it! This afternoon, I am focusing on getting a few items listed on eBay. I made zoodles for the first time today with an oriental sauce. They are good! Great alternative to pasta.

Hopefully, resting later!

A couple of days ago I had a booting issue with my Dell. Dell tech support corrected the problem.

Last night all the USB ports on my pc stopped working. I lost the use of the mouse and keyboard. I was on the phone with Dell until I went to bed about 3am without the problem being solved.

This morning I was on the phone starting around 11am with Dell. 4 hours later the problem is solved, but Win10 ended up resetting it’s self to restore point about 8 weeks ago.

All the 100’s of hours I’ve spent reorganizing the 100K plus plant photo’s I’ve taken has been wiped away. The photos are still there but like they were before I started working on them.

The 5 programs I either purchased or down loaded for free are gone. All the work involved with them was wasted.

I’m angry! :cry:

Latest posts

Back