What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did my exercise videos this morning and then went to our little town's Mardi Gras Parade. I walked since it was only a block from the house. Been in the area 6 years and this is the first time I've gone. It was great for the kids! They throw lots of candy and beads. Now I've been. Didn't do anything else of note today, almost like a day off!

The Mardi Gras festival in Mobile is my favorite. To me a lot more fun than New Orleans which wasn't much more than a tourist trap 20 years ago. I heard it's horrible now. Mobile still has a relaxed celebration feel to it.

Sitting up with dad tonight... watching some tv...

Those fleet farm stores are the best.
When I lived in Wisconsin , it was our go to store.

Miss it.

Jim
If Fleet Farm sold fresh meat, I'd never need another store. Where else could you buy Wolverine boots, Under Armor hunting clothes, Eotech sights, guns, ammunition, and reloading stuff, and then get new tires and everything you need to remodel your bathroom, all in one trip?

If Fleet Farm sold fresh meat, I'd never need another store. Where else could you buy Wolverine boots, Under Armor hunting clothes, Eotech sights, guns, ammunition, and reloading stuff, and then get new tires and everything you need to remodel your bathroom, all in one trip?

Rural King. Well at least around here.

Ok , y'all have wore me out today.
Enjoy the night.

Rest easy.
FB_IMG_1581650439216.jpg

Jim

One for the road...

FB_IMG_1582408174526.jpg

Coffee pot is on the stove and I have a cup.
What are your plans for today?

I am going to church then will stack firewood for sale.
when limbs fall and old trees die
I cut them up, stack them out by the road and sell 1/2 cord or full cords of firewood
LOL clean up the yard and get paid for it

Yesterday we laid quarter of our stormwater drainage pipe in the back yard and filled most of the hole back in. Then went to the RSL club to prep the food for today's bingo day. On Friday we found someone who had a trench digger in town and they dug out the whole 110 metres of storm water drain for $100 and to hire one for the day cost $274. It was a no brainer to have someone come and do it for us. Turns out we have a local farmer with lots of equipment in town that has been unable to plant his crops due to the drought and now rain so they are trying to bring in some money in the down time before they can plant their late summer crops. What a bargain and stroke of luck for us as usually it is a lot more expensive to have works like that done.

Started off the morning being Sunday and went to church and came home after sacrament due to us both being sore. DH had a nap and then we went to bingo where DH was the caller and I won the money back I spent plus some so I am happy. We had a late lunch down there that they put on for bingo being two sausage sandwiches and crackers with cheese and cabana.

I have to make us breakfast then I will do hubby's laundry for the week.
Coffee pot died on us this morning. Thank goodness it died after making the coffee lol We heated it in the microwave. Glad we have a backup in storage for this situation. I'll have to go buy another for backup some time this week I guess
Gonna be 60 today so I'll be outside at some point
Have a rotisserie chicken I bought yesterday for supper. Just need to decide on the sides

Finishing my first cup of coffee. Chickens are waiting to be fed, dogs are waiting to be let out, and cat is waiting to come in from the garage. In an hour, everyone will be waiting for Sunday breakfast.
Supposedly the plumber, who was to install a new sink in the kitchen (spent 5 hrs here on Friday), will show up at 10 a.m. today. He said he would be here yesterday, and never showed up. I am washing dishes in the garage in a utility sink, and have been for almost 2 weeks.
Grandkids will help clean the high ceilings and the ceiling fans in the family room today. I have the really big ladder out.
Two youngest daughters will be here later for dinner. Lasagnas and fresh bread to be made today.

Finishing my first cup of coffee. Chickens are waiting to be fed, dogs are waiting to be let out, and cat is waiting to come in from the garage. In an hour, everyone will be waiting for Sunday breakfast.
Supposedly the plumber, who was to install a new sink in the kitchen (spent 5 hrs here on Friday), will show up at 10 a.m. today. He said he would be here yesterday, and never showed up. I am washing dishes in the garage in a utility sink, and have been for almost 2 weeks.
Grandkids will help clean the high ceilings and the ceiling fans in the family room today. I have the really big ladder out.
Two youngest daughters will be here later for dinner. Lasagnas and fresh bread to be made today.

next time you have a plumbing issue
contact me. i am a licensed master plumber in 3 states. and can tell you how to do things like switch out a sink by yourself
you said he spent 5 hours? 5 /6 hundred bucks?
dang. that is about 4 hours to long. [ for a regular swap out]
I am a plumber on a diy site and coach others to do their on work regularly.
if you are unable, throw a rope around a grand young'n and we will tech him/her
they need to learn these things anyway

Working on my first cup of coffee. I am boarding two dogs this weekend. They have different owners, but they are good friends, and have been seeing each other at the local dog park for a couple years. One goes home this evening, the other tomorrow afternoon. We are having a light snow, but the news says it is 36 degrees. I think it must be a little cooler than that. We will go to the dog park in a little while and let them get some exercise. I also let them out in the yard every two hours into the yard. Every time they are out there, I do a little yard work. It helps to keep me moving forward with it. I have been doing yard work like this for a couple years. I go out and do some when dogs are here. I can keep my eye on them and get something done.

When we get home I will make a pot of vegetable soup. I will do a little sewing. I try to do a little every day, but am not 100% with that. Just sitting down and doing something everyday helps. I have also been working on sorting and purging old papers (bills, statements, etc.) This is another thing that I am trying to do a little everyday.

Coffee pot is on the stove and I have a cup.
What are your plans for today?
I am going to church then will stack firewood for sale.
when limbs fall and old trees die
I cut them up, stack them out by the road and sell 1/2 cord or full cords of firewood
LOL clean up the yard and get paid for it

Working what you have and can! I think many of us have a way to make some money on the side, if we want or need to. I think there is lots of wood out there to be harvested and prepared for firewood.

Ya know those Arby's chicken strips , with a side salad ain't bad for a quick lunch after church.

Then home to rest and relax.

Feeling much better, I do believe I got this sinus thing beat.

Now I just need a nice ,no rain, warm, in the 60s week.

Ain't happening .

Oh well.

Jim
If it's any consolation, Jim...

It was 57° and sunny all day here. Clouds just rolled in at about quarter til 5. It was the best day I've seen since winter started...

If it's any consolation, Jim...

It was 57° and sunny all day here. Clouds just rolled in at about quarter til 5. It was the best day I've seen since winter started...
We had sun all day yesterday, it finally hit 50

Today was a loser, cloudy all day , windy, hit 55, rain coming tonight tomorrow.

I guess I shouldn't complain.

Soon, I'll be crying too hot and humid.

Jim

AH HA..

I just figgered out where I got this crap
Remember last Friday I went to get my double vision checked at Eye Clinic at VA

Ah ha.
Sitting in waiting room with 20 old farts/vets hacking , coughing ,farting , .

Then put my face in that machine with all the lense flippers...hmmmm.
Sunday it started.

Wanta get sick , go to a hospital or doctor.

Jim
That's what my dad always used to say, "If you want to get sick, go to a hospital."

Went to the symphony with my mom today. Symphony and choir more accurately - Brahm's German Requiem. It's was OK ... but I'm not the biggest fan of vocals. Well, coming clean here, it actually was a bit of a snoozer. It's hard enough for me to follow what a choir is singing when it's in English, absolutely forget about it when it's in German. Still, it was good to get out with mom. Music is one of the few things that we can still easily do together (she's 90 now). We'll be heading out to dinner later this evening. I always pick up one of her friends and take her with us on Sunday evenings.

Working what you have and can! I think many of us have a way to make some money on the side, if we want or need to. I think there is lots of wood out there to be harvested and prepared for firewood.
You are correct! An unending abundance!
In my younger days we would go out and cut wood for 4 hours and fill 3 pickups until the rear wheels disappeared into the wheelwells. If you cut up and hauled off downed trees in between the interstate, the DOT loved you:D.
I never thought once about poison oak or ivy since I'm immune.:oops:
The next day I'd see my friends covered with the pink lotion and swollen up until they looked like pink "Stay-Puffed" marshmallow men:eek:.
I longed to one day achieve the ability to not have to do that to make it thru the winters.
Made it!:)

But I will take some coffee!:coffee:
Killed 4 cups every morning before going to work for decades:eek:.
Hard habit to break but I got it down to 2 cups after I retired.:D
How you ask?
Me> "you know, that could interfere with your nap?"gaah

Internet is sketchy as wind is blowing a gazillion mph! @Peanut, today nice treadle Singer for half off of the $85 price tag.
A good "catching up" on things weekend. Laundry, floors, bathrooms, etc.
Also, realized I don't have a thyme plant here. Checked my seeds - nope, not even seeds. Have a huge plant up the mountain that propagates like crazy but no plans to head back up there until weather evens out. Went and bought a pack of seeds. One plant is plenty but will probably plant two. Cleaned some lavender- have 3 more bundles to go. I infuse my own oil - very expensive to purchase it.

Latest posts

Back