What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really need cataract surgery... when I read your post from 3 ft away I see... "I would love to see a pie of the rooster" :D
aren't you an herbalist? Have you tried using eyebright wash? I've read there are a few different herbs or combinations that can be used in lieu of surgery.

I really need cataract surgery... when I read your post from 3 ft away I see... "I would love to see a pie of the rooster" :D

Now that's funny!
1517894928077_image.jpg

aren't you an herbalist? Have you tried using eyebright wash? I've read there are a few different herbs or combinations that can be used in lieu of surgery.

Are y'all serious!! I'm facing this and never thought of going this route. If you guys don't mind, PM some info.

No, I'm not a herbalist. I'm a wildcafter, I find wild medicinals for herbalists. But thanks for the info... I'll make a call tomorrow... :)

Ha. My phone doesn't take pictures. If I can talk one of our kids into taking a photo and showing me how to put one up, I surely will. This guy is interesting, though, the lavenders I saw on line are all lavender. This guy has a band of lavender color. The rest is the different colors of the typical Americauna...the greens, reds. Will see what his temperment is tomorrow when I feed him.

Have you tried using eyebright wash? I've read there are a few different herbs or combinations that can be used in lieu of surgery.

I just read in one of Matthew Wood's books that eyebright is used for cataracts... I'll email him and see if he can give me some details.

Also, ginkgo biloba, bilberry, and purslane are reputed to help with cataracts. My reliable source is the herbal legacy website of the late Dr. Christopher and I always recommend the many different herbs and herbal preparations he recommended. You would have to research it yourself, but this is just my opinion and not medical advice.

Ha. My phone doesn't take pictures. If I can talk one of our kids into taking a photo and showing me how to put one up, I surely will. This guy is interesting, though, the lavenders I saw on line are all lavender. This guy has a band of lavender color. The rest is the different colors of the typical Americauna...the greens, reds. Will see what his temperment is tomorrow when I feed him.
If you feed him lavender, will he be more lavender? Other purple flowers? ***time out*** I see, they are more like a grayish (lavender) but we call them lavender for fun.

Weedy...where are you? I just heard Colorado is under blizzard conditions.
I don't know about all of Colorado, but where I am house sitting had heavy snow conditions today, maybe 4 inches. It appears to have let up now. I have a shovel, but I have swept the sidewalk a couple times, and then put out some ice melt to clear the thin icy layer on the walk. I texted someone who crafts with me to tell her I wasn't going because I was sure the roads were going to be bad because of how heavy the snow was. She replied, "It's snowing?" She was maybe 10 miles away.

I just read in one of Matthew Wood's books that eyebright is used for cataracts... I'll email him and see if he can give me some details.

Also, ginkgo biloba, bilberry, and purslane are reputed to help with cataracts. My reliable source is the herbal legacy website of the late Dr. Christopher and I always recommend the many different herbs and herbal preparations he recommended. You would have to research it yourself, but this is just my opinion and not medical advice.

@Patchouli and @Peanut I really appreciate the help y'all are giving me. I'm not taking your information as medical advice, this is for research. I take all responsibility for any good or harm that results if I should try this. There's my disclaimer resolving y'all of any action taken on my part!
I just felt that was necessary.
Y'all are good people and thanks!

Isn't that how it goes? We had a light frosting of it this morning, then it went away.
If I have any snow, that's the way I like it.

Today we folded up two loads of clean washing, DH washed the dirty dishes in the kitchen and cleaned the benches and I wiped them and put them away.

We then moved onto making a quadruple batch of oat biscuits with golden syrup similar to Anzac biscuits. Tonight's tea is homemade pizza and dessert will be fruit and chocolate pudding yum. Later this evening we will strip the bed and remake it with clean sheets.

Blessed we are getting a lot of light rain here and had almost 6mm to last weather update.

Today we folded up two loads of clean washing, DH washed the dirty dishes in the kitchen and cleaned the benches and I wiped them and put them away.

We then moved onto making a quadruple batch of oat biscuits with golden syrup similar to Anzac biscuits. Tonight's tea is homemade pizza and dessert will be fruit and chocolate pudding yum. Later this evening we will strip the bed and remake it with clean sheets.

Blessed we are getting a lot of light rain here and had almost 6mm to last weather update.

Estimates according to radar here has been 9.4 inches this month, 13 inches for the year. We have had more than a foot locally in less than 3 weeks according to a friend's rain gauge. Wish I could share!

I have a chance to give back a little today. Got a client coming in from TX. Her house was destroyed in the storms this year and fema has guaranteed her a low loan. Not gonna make any money on it (I'll spend more on gas than I'll make) but I'm looking forward to helping this sweet elderly woman who lost everything (she was an antique dealer and her warehouse and inventory was also severely damaged) move close to her daughter.

I have a chance to give back a little today. Got a client coming in from TX. Her house was destroyed in the storms this year and fema has guaranteed her a low loan. Not gonna make any money on it (I'll spend more on gas than I'll make) but I'm looking forward to helping this sweet elderly woman who lost everything (she was an antique dealer and her warehouse and inventory was also severely damaged) move close to her daughter.
Is she relocating to Ga.? Not many people willing to help anyone other than self anymore. Excellent thing you're doing and you're laying up treasure in heaven also!
@CrackbottomLouis good on you for helping out where you can :D.
Amen. Workers willing to help are rare!

Is she relocating to Ga.? Not many people willing to help anyone other than self anymore. Excellent thing you're doing and you're laying up treasure in heaven also!

Amen. Workers willing to help are rare!

Yeah, she is relocating here to be close to her daughter. She is really a cool lady. We've been talking by phone for the past month. I'm happy she is going to closer to family.

Well, after preparing a Thanksgiving dinner for our friends, they decided they couldn't get away, again. This is the second time it has happened. Guess I shouldn't get my hopes up. Her dh has to work Monday and didn't know until today. It might be better if we don't make plans in the future. She is the one who suggested them coming down. What are you gonna do?! Eat lots of turkey and fixings! That's one thing. And I definitely will be going to that class at the Church Sunday! And eBay tomorrow!

Thanksgiving in Feb?

I prefer to have Thanksgiving when we have friends visiting from far away. At least that was the plan. I don't like to have Thanksgiving on a certain day because someone says I am supposed to.:)

I prefer to have Thanksgiving when we have friends visiting from far away. At least that was the plan. I don't like to have Thanksgiving on a certain day because someone says I am supposed to.:)
Y'all are rebels!
1516834152629_image.jpg

makes perfect sense to me

Latest posts

Back