What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MoBook hope you find another place soon. Seems like its not improving where your at.
Police and ambulance no clue.
Cement trucks,all other vehicles they're doing concrete work at the office of apartment complex.
The white Honda, grey pickup have no clue.
But I'm still blocked in, hope I don't have to leave go check on my dad.
I'll just call police, have vehicles towed at owner's expenses.
Should know something next week on new apartment. HOPEFULLY!

Strawberry and I have walked several times already.
We have been getting up about daybreak, to walk while it's semi cool.
Or at least the humidity isn't up as much.
Well, if I wanted to leave this morning, I can't.
I'm blocked in by cement truck, a grey pickup, and a white Honda,mini bulldozer,several larger trucks hauling trailers, police car, ambulance. It's a Wonderful day in the neighborhood! Not!
Where I live, there are plenty of parking spaces, but one guy thinks that he needs to park in front of my garage door. It took him a couple of times before he realized that there were many spaces and that he didn't like me yelling at him about it. Why in the world do people do this? Really, he only had to walk about 20 more feet to park somewhere else. He was building an iron fence for the neighbor. I told the neighbor I was going to paint yellow stripes and no parking on the space between his and my garage. He asked me not to do that. Then don't have people park there when there is so much other space available!

What I really wanted to do was to pull out of the garage and hit his fairly new vehicle. I didn't and won't but, some people can't think past themselves.

Where I live, there are plenty of parking spaces, but one guy thinks that he needs to park in front of my garage door. It took him a couple of times before he realized that there were many spaces and that he didn't like me yelling at him about it. Why in the world do people do this? Really, he only had to walk about 20 more feet to park somewhere else. He was building an iron fence for the neighbor. I told the neighbor I was going to paint yellow stripes and no parking on the space between his and my garage. He asked me not to do that. Then don't have people park there when there is so much other space available!

What I really wanted to do was to pull out of the garage and hit his fairly new vehicle. I didn't and won't but, some people can't think past themselves.

Sounds like both of them have too much nerve.

You know, I just bypass all that what's for dinner stuff. I ask him in the morning what he wants for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I gave husband a list of what's in the freezer for meat. He is not allowed to change his mind after he makes his daily selections. If he picks fish, I will make something else I like, because I don't like fish. Today was: egg white omelet for breakfast, bagel with cream cheese for lunch, and we're making pizza for dinner. Because he has a hard time walking, he will usually request cherries, almonds, or sliced cheese for snacks that is brought to him. And lots of ice water. Coffee in the morning and at 3:00. I am not grumpy about it unless he says, "You know what sounds really good?" after I have started dinner. Yesterday's lunch request was trout over cooked spinach. That took a little more time.

You know, I just bypass all that what's for dinner stuff. I ask him in the morning what he wants for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

That's nice of you. I make menus 2 weeks at a time, then order the groceries about 3-4 days prior to the menu. Sometimes we call and audible but usually we have what's on the menu. In the words of Mrs. Sentry18: "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit".

You know, I just bypass all that what's for dinner stuff. I ask him in the morning what he wants for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I gave husband a list of what's in the freezer for meat. He is not allowed to change his mind after he makes his daily selections. If he picks fish, I will make something else I like, because I don't like fish. Today was: egg white omelet for breakfast, bagel with cream cheese for lunch, and we're making pizza for dinner. Because he has a hard time walking, he will usually request cherries, almonds, or sliced cheese for snacks that is brought to him. And lots of ice water. Coffee in the morning and at 3:00. I am not grumpy about it unless he says, "You know what sounds really good?" after I have started dinner. Yesterday's lunch request was trout over cooked spinach. That took a little more time.
I usually just decide what’s for supper by going to the freezer in the morning and seeing what falls out at me. I told hubby if I ask him what sounds good for dinner, if he says “I don’t know” or “I don’t care” he’s getting a bale of hay. It means I want an idea- he’s pretty good when I ask. 😁

Went fishing this morning and got skunked. Hit the gym this evening and ordered takeout from the only restaurant in my town. My daughter had the "Bulldog burger" and I had butterfly shrimp...
That’s why you’re a fisherman and not a catcherman 😁

It rained most of the day... again. So I didn't get much of anything done... again.

I talked to a friend who lives up on Lookout Mtn. He's sponsoring a herbalist conference in August. It sounds like a lot of fun, a few days on the mountain. Long discussions about plants at night around a big fire. The presentations from speakers during the day are great but the real plant wisdom gets passed around at night. Several folks will be there I haven't seen in a few years. I'm due for a trip. Might sell some bulk tinctures, have to make them first.

Had one of the worst headaches I've had in a very long time on Thursday night. Felt like I was being stabbed in the eye socket, the ear, the jaw, etc. It radiated from my eye to the back of my head & my left ear all the way down into my upper & lower teeth on the side, over to my chin, and down the left side on the back of my neck. It was miserable. Worst part was it was making me agitated & I couldn't rest. No matter how I moved I couldn't get comfortable. I took a Naproxyn & after an hour it hadn't worked. Took a 2nd one. Didn't work. Ended up taking a 3rd one (something I never do, but it was that bad). About an hour after the 3rd one it started to work. Then the air conditioner wasn't working for some unknown reason & it was too hot to sleep. I adjusted the temperature on the thermostat to put it down 1 degree. It started cooling off a little bit. Still warm around 4:30am. Tossed & turned & saw clock at 6am. Finally got to sleep. Woke up about 30 seconds before my alarm at 8am. Not sure if it was gas, cramps, or kidney stone passing, but my lower abdomen was screaming at me. I knew I couldn't take more Naproxyn for it so I just silently cursed at it & went to go pick up my friend to get supplies to fix his house. Stopped & got him some water & picked up medicine for Mom. Then hit the hardware store & helped him unload the "waterboard" (they were out of sheetrock) 2x4 studs, and water cases. His fiance made banana smoothies and gave me one and then had me finish off the batch. I washed the blender for her so she wouldn't end up cutting herself (she was having an uncoordinated day). The smoothies made us both feel better. She'd also been having a bad headache.
Going to pick up some Reflectix and other building supplies later. Still waiting to hear back from HomeDepot on why my order that arrived on the 18th isn't ready for pickup yet. Every time I call I get a machine & it won't let me speak to a live person (phone rings & nobody answers).
Ordered a cheap closet organizer that I intend to make in to a cat cubby for the kittens.
Cooked for Mom- she woke me up after midnight when I was having another headache & said she needed food, wanted to eat in bed, and couldn't decide what she wanted. She got mad that everything I listed she didn't want so she hung up. Went to speak with her & she ignored me. As an aside, she used to get mad at our late elderly friend when he would tell his wife he wanted food & then rejected everything she suggested & she struggled to find something he could eat. Yet she failed to see the parallel & ignored me when I pointed it out to her. I found some egg & cheese wrapped in biscuits that I decided to heat up & bring to her. She could eat them with her hands so she calmed her tits & ate them & then thanked me. Woke me up at 2am because a cat had gotten in & she wanted me to come get the cat and bring her some bottles of water.
Supposed to not rain later today so I might go to pick up the Lowes order (it should be ready) and get more bottled water. Meanwhile, i can't sleep from being woken up (headache is gone at least- 1 naproxyn worked this time). So, I'm going to shut off internet and play some word games on BlueStacks.

Was going to try my new solar cooker today but 2020 is still doing it’s thing.

677F62C6-B53C-49A8-AFDC-3165E9F993FE.jpeg

Went fishing this morning and got skunked. Hit the gym this evening and ordered takeout from the only restaurant in my town. My daughter had the "Bulldog burger" and I had butterfly shrimp...
Do you mean. . . you got sprayed by a skunk!? Nobody is mentioning this. I'd like to know how that happened and did your daughter hold her nose during dinner.
Or do you mean something else?

Do you mean. . . you got sprayed by a skunk!? Nobody is mentioning this. I'd like to know how that happened and did your daughter hold her nose during dinner.
Or do you mean something else?
He might mean he didn't catch anything

Today is supposed to be sunny and hot, so I am going to be busy getting chores done this morning so I can hide from the heat this afternoon. The lawn needs mowing and my grill is due for a basic clean up. I also need to pick up a few groceries. The neighbors invited the kids over to use their pool this afternoon so I intend to go shooting at the indoor (air conditioned) range. I shot my duty gun earlier in the week so today I will just dig out something fun. Maybe something that hasn't seen the range in awhile.

To get the SIL off my wife's back I'm be shopping today for a ADA chair height toilet. SIL brings MIL out to visit and for supper once a month. MIL needs help getting up, so SIL heavy suggested to wife that "WE NEED" to replace the the toilet in our half bath. Normally such suggestions go in my right ear and out the left but MIL is a very sweet lady so for her and my wife I'll do it. Maybe grab bars too...

Then I'm off to visit my mom. I've been staying away because of the China Flu and with mom's poor health she doesn't need another risk factor.

Hope to get my morning nap in this afternoon.

Lazy L, this is the ADA height toilet we got (not the exact link that we ordered- we ordered tank & bowl separately) TOTO CST744EL#01 Eco Drake Two-Piece Elongated 1.28 GPF ADA Compliant Toilet, Cotton White - - Amazon.com
https://www.lowes.com/pd/TOTO-Eco-D...2-Piece-Toilet-12-in-Rough-In-Size/1000094163
The E means it is "eco" 1.28gpf but it has a 3" flush hole so it flushes efficiently. Uses a new tower type flush valve instead of a flapper- you can make it 1.6gpf by changing the setting on the tower. L means it is ADA height. Bowl rim height is 16-1/2" high.

There's also the Toto Entrada that I believe is 16-1/8" high without the seat. Entrada is cheaper & uses the older style flush system (flapper) but has a 3" flush hole. It is cheaper than the Drake.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/TOTO-Entra...2-Piece-Toilet-12-in-Rough-In-Size/1000094397https://www.homedepot.com/p/TOTO-En...-Lever-in-Cotton-White-CST244EFR-01/300820389
They both have about a 1,000 MaP score for flushing. It takes a lot to clog the Drake.

We just swapped out standard height (14-5/8") Drake for ADA height one. Had the standard one since 2008.

Got a little bit of sleep & woke up feeling like it was late afternoon but was only around 9am. Waiting to find out if my friend is working today to see if he wants to go to the store with me to help get stuff tied down.

First thing this morning, had to go out and pick up branches from storm a couple of days ago as lawn mower fellow was on his way. He said tomorrow but changed his mind.

Fed dogs and did long exercise video. It is so humid and warm, I don't want to walk right now.

Going to do eBay photos in a few minutes and then use new processor to shred zucchini for bread and what is left to pressure can.

Don't know what else the day will bring. DH is watching original King Kong on TV.

Trimmed a few low hanging limbs, late yesterday ..Doogan helped .

Sitting , watching the needed rain.

Cleaning bathroom floor , in prep for new flooring.

One daughter and kids are coming to visit :dunno:

Having burgers off the grill for lunch .
Bought a watermelon , cut it, put in fridge last night ..it tested really good.

Doing nothing else today.

Jim

Latest posts

Back