What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@phideaux , good to see a little improvement. Good that she has you to look after her, as she has taken care of you in the past.
@LadyLocust , good to hear he is on the mend and home!

Hot day today. Got some yard work done early, and stayed inside working on some housework the rest of the day. Too hot to be outside. Swamp cooler keeping me cool in the house.

Lady, glad you got your dad home. Hope he recovers at a rapid pace.
Jim, Glad she's making progress. PT typically takes a while, no matter the issue. As long as she's seeing improvement.
Still working at home. One of my techs was quarantined Monday, looks like he won't be back till week after next if he don't come down with Covid. I've been trying to line up some work on a project thats coming due. So far can't get any help, which this time of year isn't surprising. If nothing breaks tomorrow I'm almost certainly going to push my vendor back on coming in doing the system testing, cause we aren't going to be ready on the 31st. Then late in the day my boss called and told me one of my other techs had passed away. Man that hit me like a hammer. He started there about a year after I did and we worked in the same shop for a year or so, then I was moved to supervisor a few years ago and he had worked for me ever since. He was not in good health even though he was only 57. Not sure what got him yet. Still shook up over that.

So happy the Mrs is improving Jim!
Neighbors bass woke me up yet again. Really really really tired of them. His truck was broke down for a few days so we got a few days of quiet. Guess by the reving It’s “fixed”. He’s a “if I rev it really high a bunch of times it will fix itself“ kind of mechanic.
Still no call for delivery from the tractor dealer.
Amazon failed to deliver the items I needed last week and now they are saying the soonest is this Saturday which is after I needed them.
Another hot day. Mosquitos are VERY bad right now. Have to cover our tortoise yard. They say they are spraying the area tonight. West Nile is bad again in our area. I’m covered in bites.
Time to make coffee and hope for a better night.

Be careful with those bugs. About 15 yr ago I had a sore spot on my head and pulled tic off. By chance lucky I had dr. apt next day.Ask him he looked and said it was perfect bulleyes and lymmput me on strongest antibiotic known. We still get tics but check often. Said no lym in Florida Dr. said thats not true.

PT was here today, he says this gonna be a long slow process.

As long as I see the slightest improvement, I'll be happy.

Just walking on her own is gonna take some time.

I don't know how we're gonna make a pre op appointment on Thursday.

Then on the 27th go for the kidney stone surgery .

I also have labs Thursday at VA.

Jim

Hope things keep improving and you both are better soon. At least you live around Americans,down here is turning into choas.Can't even trust doctors in these liberal cities.

Lady, glad you got your dad home. Hope he recovers at a rapid pace.
Jim, Glad she's making progress. PT typically takes a while, no matter the issue. As long as she's seeing improvement.
Still working at home. One of my techs was quarantined Monday, looks like he won't be back till week after next if he don't come down with Covid. I've been trying to line up some work on a project thats coming due. So far can't get any help, which this time of year isn't surprising. If nothing breaks tomorrow I'm almost certainly going to push my vendor back on coming in doing the system testing, cause we aren't going to be ready on the 31st. Then late in the day my boss called and told me one of my other techs had passed away. Man that hit me like a hammer. He started there about a year after I did and we worked in the same shop for a year or so, then I was moved to supervisor a few years ago and he had worked for me ever since. He was not in good health even though he was only 57. Not sure what got him yet. Still shook up over that.

:huggs:we keep you and all here in our thoughts and prayers,so many going thru bad times now.

I went to the big town this afternoon. Got a haircut and some groceries. I stopped by the little produce stand for a watermelon, cantaloupe, sweetcorn and some muscadines. I also sold them a dozen eggs and struck up a deal. They will buy all the eggs I have each week, 6 to 7 cartons. Works for me, I have 12 hens I raised this spring and two old hens. At least I don’t have to worry about giving them away. This way I get a few bucks for them, basically a bag of feed each week.

Oh! Just went down to shut my hens up in the coop about dark. Look what I caught red-handed! Or red mouthed! He was trying to swallow an egg. He should have stuck with catching mice and stayed away from my chicken coop!!! :waiting:

Well, he is no more. So sad, he was such a young snake. :rolleyes:

Chicken Snake (3) sm.JPG

Didn’t get to bring Pa home today but Mom and I were both able to see him and go through the 2 hours of discharge teaching so tomorrow it should be like the curbside pickup for restaurants. 10 AM tomorrow

So glad he's getting to go home.
I know he is beside himself happy also.nothing like your own bed.

That's the way they're doing it now...curb side pick up.
Covid .

Jim

Wow. How things have changed! But I'm glad you get him tomorrow!
Brought dinner to my cousins and had a great time visiting with her, her husband, and grandkids. Picked up older granddaughter from first night on the job at the burger place, and boy was she exhausted. Five hour shift, 15 min break, on her feet. Fast food is hard work.

Wow. How things have changed! But I'm glad you get him tomorrow!
Brought dinner to my cousins and had a great time visiting with her, her husband, and grandkids. Picked up older granddaughter from first night on the job at the burger place, and boy was she exhausted. Five hour shift, 15 min break, on her feet. Fast food is hard work.

Kids don't get enough exercise today,they don't have the good life we had back in the late 50s early 60s. I went ot work at Pizze King in Atlanta at 13 washing dishes,then waitress.Took a bus to work.I accidently set a womans large Bee Hive hairdo on fire with a flaming pizza:ghostly:I had their flaming pizza in one hand and coffee pot in other for refills on the way to table. I almost poured that on her head to put it out! Hairspray was flamble. Thanks goodness I thought twice.So I reached grabbed large tea and saved her from serious burns. They don't sell flaming pizzas anymore,

Be careful with those bugs. About 15 yr ago I had a sore spot on my head and pulled tic off. By chance lucky I had dr. apt next day.Ask him he looked and said it was perfect bulleyes and lymmput me on strongest antibiotic known. We still get tics but check often. Said no lym in Florida Dr. said thats not true.
This year has been the worst in a very long time for ticks. We normally see very few in our little area. We do have several tick diseases though. Ticks love me for some reason. i don’t return the feelings 🤢

Meerkat Said:

Double R said:
This year has been the worst in a very long time for ticks. We normally see very few in our little area. We do have several tick diseases though. Ticks love me for some reason. i don’t return the feelings

Had a range day on Sunday, found a deer tick on my hip on Monday evening. He was a big fella, but he hadn't gotten a good hold yet and I was able to remove him completely (head and all). Left me with the willies the rest of the night.... Don't know which I hate more, snakes or ticks...

Learning how to operate iMovie software. New drone footage that looks like a drunken sailor on land filmed. Actually it was me flying this drone for the first time. Controls are "backwards" in my opinion (my excuse). 5 hours later the bad video has been snipped out and music track added. Now I have to figure out how to layer text on...

Last edited:
What kind of drone did you get? I've been thinking about looking into those. They'd be good for Recon. Good for roof inspections as well.

The Wynns recommend one ,I fast forwarded it for you, Jason is showing what they like,
Jason profession was photgraphy before they hit the road ,seas,

You live in NE Tenn,right? Daughter was checking on NE Georgia .Hear anything bad about the area below your state?

Yesterday my church friends brought baked ham , potatoes, green beans, baked macaroni casserole and chocolate cake.

Wife eat more than she has in 2 weeks.
PT was here...did good , slow and easy.

Occupational therapy is coming later today.
I don't know the difference.

Got her up and applied heat 20 minutes, then ice pack 20 minutes.

Got another bucket of peas picked and shelled.
Now I'm going to the shop to make some 4x4 risers for her recliner , to make it easier for her to get up and down.

Then the most enjoyable part of the day...I get to help her get a shower. :ghostly:

Jim

Got up early to take oldest son to work this morning.
His truck is still broke down, but mechanic is home from vacation.
Went to Wal*Mart to pick up a few things to last till I get paid again.
Had 3 bags when I left Wal*mart.
Went and picked up my CSA boxes today.
Ran a couple of other errands was home by 0830.
Strawberry has been outside several times.
We've played ball a few times this morning.
Finished 3 washcloths/dishcloths yesterday.
Working on grand daughter's crocheted blanket.
Little less than half way done.
Will be packing up cookbooks today, odds and ends in the kitchen.
Already walked a half mile this morning.
My right knee is stiff today.
Glad everybody is getting healthy.

Latest posts

Back