What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not too busy this weekend. Ran a bunch of errands yesterday. Picked stuff in the garden. Had to work for a while today (from the house). Had a crew working this weekend. They finished what we had scheduled, plus a little more. But now that job is held up till I can finish my safety plan. Also got a call from one of the guys with bad news this afternoon. His so in law has tested positive for Covid and was visiting their house Friday night. SO now he now will be quarantined for the next 2 weeks I'm betting. I'm really hoping the 2 guys working with him don't get quarantined. If they do my crew goes from 5 guys doing 4 seperate task areas to 1 guy that is only trained for 1 task. Basically my group will be nearly shut down the rest of the month. Between me being out and this happening, I'm having doubts we can complete our projects on time.
Not Good at all.

So glad she’s feeling better @phideaux! Keep it up!
I’m going to have to look into that stuff.
It’s bed time but we are having VERY odd weather at the moment so I’m sitting up watching it. The wind is blowing in the wrong direction and there’s “dry” lightening. How is there no thunder!?!? It’s so odd. Never got under 82* last night. 2020 just keeps on surprising. Praying a whole bunch of fires aren’t started from this. Supposed to be 111* here today. I’m at a loss with this weather

Double R thats weird because down here i nFlorida its not been as hot as it usually is but we did go straight into summer and little spring.
Plus I've said here awhile back we have had ssome strange storms with lightening and thunder without rain. Todaty we had lots of lightening wwith very little rin " after the lightening".
I don't know whats going on anymore, is is them playing with HARP aagain or is it a new kind of climate change?:dunno:.
I do think we should try to prepare for both fire and ice if we can.

We went to get some things tod
Had some family up to visit. I bought a fermenting kit, now I need to learn how to use it. Hubby wants me to do some pepperoncinis from the garden.

I made a pizza today with pepperronicnnis on it. Syncronicity again. I haven't had any of those peppers this year and when I do the subject comes up. Its not like many people really eat them that often.

Wife is feeling better this morning.
Before bed last night,
I rubbed the area of her back that's really hurting, really good with Theraworx, just to see, well at 3 am ,she woke up to go to bathroom , said it helped , so I did it again.

Just did it again this morning, and I can tell she's moving better.

Never be afraid to try something.
That Theraworx is good stuff.

Gonna be baby sitting the wife today.
I went and bought 3 lbs of bar-b-que and buns yesterday, daughter and grands were here , so I got plenty extra for easy lunch today.

Hope y'all have a great day.

Jim

I see there’s different kinds of the Theraworx. Which is helping her/you? I’d like to try it on my husband.

Morning All. I'm on 3rd load of laundry this morning... Wish they could make self cleaning clothes. I've had breakfast and looked at my work e-mails and calendar to put together my priority list for todays work.... I find that I need to rub my hands down with that joint/pain killer cream in the morning just to get going.

Morning All. I'm on 3rd load of laundry this morning... Wish they could make self cleaning clothes. I've had breakfast and looked at my work e-mails and calendar to put together my priority list for todays work.... I find that I need to rub my hands down with that joint/pain killer cream in the morning just to get going.
Good morning!
Which one do you use?
I definitely second the self cleaning clothes. At least self putting away would be ok.

Today we decided to get back into it after resting from being in the city for 3 days last week.

Started off the day with DH washing the dishes and cleaning the benches and I wiped them and put them away. From there we reorganised the firewood shed and moved all the dried firewood to the front of the lean-to shed and laid down some more roofing tin in preparation for us splitting more firewood we have been drying and stack it in the shed once done.

I weeded one side of the home shrubbery gardens and around one tree at the side of the home. We then moved to DH digging out marshmallow weeds around a mulberry and mandarin tree and I put them in the bin. Moved down to the wood shed and put all the bark that was lying down there in the bin too.

As we were coming up we found a pile of dirt that was left that fell off one of the trees we sold as they pulled it and filled in some track marks from the machinery they used. I raked the section of the driveway that was also chewed up by the tracks on their machinery and we will work on getting some fill in the holes later this week.

Ready to make out the fortnightly budget as it is payday tomorrow and will write out a shopping list including garden equipment we need.

Good morning!
Which one do you use?
I definitely second the self cleaning clothes. At least self putting away would be ok.
I've just been using at aspercream stuff, got it for the wife, but it was too greasy for her, don't know what I will use when it's gone, have to see what she doesn't want... Anything to easy the morning pain in my joints....

Getting old is not all it cracked up to be.... When I was young I thought of retirement as a time when you had lots of time to do whatever you want with no worries.... As I get closer to it all I can think about is 1) will I be able to do the things I want and 2) I hope I can afford to eat something besides dry dog food.... ;)

Today we decided to get back into it after resting from being in the city for 3 days last week.

Started off the day with DH washing the dishes and cleaning the benches and I wiped them and put them away. From there we reorganised the firewood shed and moved all the dried firewood to the front of the lean-to shed and laid down some more roofing tin in preparation for us splitting more firewood we have been drying and stack it in the shed once done.

I weeded one side of the home shrubbery gardens and around one tree at the side of the home. We then moved to DH digging out marshmallow weeds around a mulberry and mandarin tree and I put them in the bin. Moved down to the wood shed and put all the bark that was lying down there in the bin too.

As we were coming up we found a pile of dirt that was left that fell off one of the trees we sold as they pulled it and filled in some track marks from the machinery they used. I raked the section of the driveway that was also chewed up by the tracks on their machinery and we will work on getting some fill in the holes later this week.

Ready to make out the fortnightly budget as it is payday tomorrow and will write out a shopping list including garden equipment we need.

Trying to get my North-South timing hat on... You are just starting into spring?

Like your sewing maching, wife has 3 like it.... During the early part of the COVID-19 Lock Downs her workhorse maching went down... 10 weeks to get a little plastic part replaced......:cry: I can't sew worth a dime, but I can make patterns :) I have a couple of hunting garments she has made for me, they are my favorites for intermediate cold weather bow hunting.

I keep hoping to visit there, I have some work with folks on the North-West coast but with COVID-19, I may retire before getting another chance at letting work pay for the trip....

Granddaughter is up and at em. She has a job interview at the local burger place this morning. Her first job, so crossing our fingers. Going into the bigger town for fresh stuff on husband's diet. Mom wants bananas, so I'll buy some and drop them off at her place. Depending on how husband feels, would like to take another load to the dump.

Unpack from a weekend trip. Clean and put the stuff away.

Friend of the family health has been declining for years. Heading out his way to mow his 3 acres.

Mow my yard.

Plan which September's competitions I will be participating in. The driving routes and where I'd be staying, more traveling than normal.

Good morning to you UrnbanH. And all here.

I see there’s different kinds of the Theraworx. Which is helping her/you? I’d like to try it on my husband.

I found this the cheapest on eBay .
2 bottles $28.

We like the foam . Works for us.
Screenshot_20200817-102513.png

Jim

From your description of the hospital staff, out of frustration the doc probably wrote, "During procedure, hospital staff appeared to have got stoned" and the dorks misread the final "d" and thought it was an "s".
Are you assuming the hospital staff can read?

From your description of the hospital staff, out of frustration the doc probably wrote, "During procedure, hospital staff appeared to have got stoned" and the dorks misread the final "d" and thought it was an "s".

Its worse than that, they also got indoctrinated!:ghostly:Not all of them ofcourse some managed to overcome theri 'education' but how can we exspect a society like todays to pur out anything senseable in any field?

Good morning! Walked first with very little pain in hip! Didn't start until I was 2/3 of the way through.
Already have 2 loads of laundry done, eBay photos done and walked dogs.
Next up is to cook green beans that were gifted and cut up chicken that I cooked yesterday for pups.
Called in prescriptions to VA for DH. This afternoon will give Peanut Butter a bath.
Good times!

Checked mail yesterday evening when I saw the mail truck at the lock boxes.
That blood pressure medicine I ordered 15 July 2020 @0900 was delivered yesterday @1645.
Go figure, I just ordered this month's medicine yesterday@1630.
Had to get into my stash for blood pressure medicine while I waited.
Table is cleaned off, scrubbed down after adventures with grand daughter.
Strawberry has been walked several times this morning.
She got to lay in the sun for about hour and half this morning.
Contractors are mowing now.
Hope they do a better job than they did last week.
Made a homemade version of chicken noodles cup a soup for lunch.
Tired today.
House has been picked for the first time will go back through and do more intense cleaning picking up this afternoon.
Sipping coffee.
Knitted and crocheted dishcloth this morning.
Working on second one now.
Using up scrap yarn leftover from other projects.
Making out grocery list even though I still have several weeks before next payday.
Will be filling in small gaps in stores.
Got desparate yesterday, had to brush my teeth with bubble gum flavored toothpaste.

Guess what happens when you drop your cell phone on the concrete and it lands directly on the corner? You get a new smartphone! That's how my day started. Fortunately the phone is still usable and I was able to order a cheap replacement that has much better specs than my current phone.

I spent my entire weekend repairing walls, priming, painting, installing light fixtures, sorting property, and hauling loads to the Salvation Army and the dump. My list is nowhere near complete though. I still have more painting to do, plus I have some new furniture to assemble and some computers to upgrade. It's getting to the point that I hate UPS & FedEx, because every box that arrives means more work. Hopefully this stuff will all be done by the end of the month.

Couple weeks back I started working part time for the county. Two evenings a week I will be running their shooting range as a range safety officer, firearms instructor, and armorer. It's a pretty good gig that fell into my lap at the perfect time. Besides the extra money, when it's slow I can shoot. Plus when I retire from law enforcement I can keep doing this for free range time, extra income, and other perks.

@phideaux , glad to hear your wife is doing better.

@Amish Heart, I can only imagine how busy you are. Moving is lots of work, on both ends. My house needed lots of work and the first month I was exhausted every night, from trying to get things in order. My house had been vacant for years and had no window coverings, but some large windows! Not one of my interior doors was hanging as all the hinge pins had been stolen, as well as the copper pipes in the basement. The hinges were far from being the same, or even similar. I had to keep trying to find hinge pins. In one door I ended up using nails, because I never could find hinge pins of the right size. I remember having some boxes that had not been unpacked more than a year later. There are so many things to get done to get a house in order.

Guess what happens when you drop your cell phone on the concrete and it lands directly on the corner? You get a new smartphone! That's how my day started. Fortunately the phone is still usable and I was able to order a cheap replacement that has much better specs than my current phone.
A friend of mine dropped her phone and broke it. Her husband bought her a new phone, but also a lanyard for her phone so she will likely never drop her phone again. I doubt that is something that most men would want to use, but for all the people I know who have dropped and broken their phones, I think it is a great idea.

Checked mail yesterday evening when I saw the mail truck at the lock boxes.
That blood pressure medicine I ordered 15 July 2020 @0900 was delivered yesterday @1645.
Go figure, I just ordered this month's medicine yesterday@1630.
Had to get into my stash for blood pressure medicine while I waited.
Table is cleaned off, scrubbed down after adventures with grand daughter.
Strawberry has been walked several times this morning.
She got to lay in the sun for about hour and half this morning.
Contractors are mowing now.
Hope they do a better job than they did last week.
Made a homemade version of chicken noodles cup a soup for lunch.
Tired today.
House has been picked for the first time will go back through and do more intense cleaning picking up this afternoon.
Sipping coffee.
Knitted and crocheted dishcloth this morning.
Working on second one now.
Using up scrap yarn leftover from other projects.
Making out grocery list even though I still have several weeks before next payday.
Will be filling in small gaps in stores.
Got desparate yesterday, had to brush my teeth with bubble gum flavored toothpaste.
Oh yuk! Baking soda works well too and doesn't taste so awful :)
@Amish Heart Bet your place looks and feels better with each load you get gone.

I found this the cheapest on eBay .
2 bottles $28.

We like the foam . Works for us.
View attachment 48560

Jim
Awesome! Thanks so much! There was 2 different ones i found so i wasn’t sure which you’ve had luck with. I’m desperate to find some relief for my husbands back. Ordered and praying it helps. Thanks again my friend!

Oh boy!
Checked the mail this afternoon about 1600 hours.
Guess what I got!
More paperwork from the VA for compensation.
But the good news is that it isn't 8 inches thick.
It's exactly 50 pages, I know this because I counted.
So will be working on that tomorrow, when no so exhausted from grand daughter's visit.

Oh yuk! Baking soda works well too and doesn't taste so awful :)
@Amish Heart Bet your place looks and feels better with each load you get gone.
It taste terrible if you're 3 years old.
So the grand daughter says.
The bubble gum toothpaste was hers, not mine.
That stuff smelled sweet.
It was also sweet enough I wanted to gag but didn't because of grand daughter was happily brushing her teeth.

Awesome! Thanks so much! There was 2 different ones i found so i wasn’t sure which you’ve had luck with. I’m desperate to find some relief for my husbands back. Ordered and praying it helps. Thanks again my friend!

If it's spinal and not muscular, it won't help.
If it's muscular it should help..
There a mile long medical term for what it does to muscle cells to parralize, the cell structure from causing pain.

Sure works for me and my daughter..

Jim

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back