What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
expanding our driveway (adding another 200 feet from the house to the barn) so today was on the mini excavator and tractor moving topsoil, 2 loads of rock will be here next week to fill in the area where the top soil was.

Next week I will be gone for 3 days for work, I also have a security camera system I need to install!

This afternoon we folded up 3 loads of washing and put it away and made the bed with clean sheets and I loaded the washing machine ready for a load tomorrow. We put back up the clean curtains that were washed and I damp dusted the entertainment unit and we put the runner and everything back on there.

I had time this afternoon to cut out two bread bags that hopefully I will be able to finish sewing tomorrow.

I reckon I'll start nailing up trusses. Can't wait to get this house blacked in!
round-house.gif

Good luck with your knee, Mo.
How are the bread bags working, Sewing Creations?
I've got a full workday today, and lots of chores when I get home. Son got some more straw yesterday, and the hen houses need to be cleaned out. Grandson needs to get his gear packed for Boy Scout weekend camp up in Santa Fe. They are doing a ropes course this weekend. They always pack and load up gear the day before, so I'll need to light a fire under him today to get him to do that.

@Amish Heart the bread bag is doing well and keeps the homemade bread really fresh so I am pleased with the design and more importantly it actually fits the size of loaf we make.

Good luck with all the work you are doing today and I hope you get it all done and can get grandson motivated to organise everything he needs for the Boy Scout weekend, rope courses are fun :).

So, yesterday I mentioned I was using / adding Centos to my desktop as an alternate operating system. I’ve done it before. What I failed to mention is that even after checking partitions several times I still managed to wipe out the one I didn’t intend. So, today’s activities are to restore 1.8 TB of data. Yippie. :sarcasm:

Going to town to get new windshield wiper blades installed at O'Reilley's, a couple of things at Walmart and then maybe some topsoil at Lowe's. Checking for aloe vera plants, sage and rosemary at both places. Have to pick up a sandwich dinner at Church benefiting you ministry. When I get home I will search for heirloom tomato seeds that went missing in the move. And write a couple of drafts for eBay.

So, all I actually have done today is get the dinner from Church, went to thelocal store for the few needed items and wrote 4 drafts for eBay. Now, I will clean bathrooms, dust and call it a day. The rest of the running around will be done tomorrow.

Last edited:
Hello everyone and started off the morning with putting on a load of washing in the washing machine and hanging it out and then took DH to the doctors to have the dressing changed on his minor op. It is healing well but still needs a dressing on it which I will do at home with our medical supplies for the next few days.

This afternoon I have planned to sew up my 2 bread bags, DH and I will put some seaweed solution on all the vegetable, herbs and berries and I will water the rest of the side of the house and part of the front lawn with saved grey water from our showers and washing machine. Probably time to pick some more cucumbers from the gardens too.

It is early yet, so all I have done is to get ready to plant the garden. This week I have started a few peas in tiny paper cups to transplant and also gotten some potatos ready to plant.

According to "Backyard Veg" on youtube, instead of setting the potato pieces out to sprout, after the seed pieces have the cut areas calloused they should be potted up to sprout, and he is right. After just one week my seed potatos had roots 6+ inches long and 3 inch sprouts. It is still a little early to plant potatos so I moved some of them to larger pots.

Today a cold rain is falling. So I will do nothing interesting today.

It's good to find out. I did a blood test a few years back because my sister has RA really bad. I just have OA. I guess that's a blessing, but this morning it doesn't feel like one. To the Aleve I go!
Hoping the post office will call this morning about the ducklings. Hoping the wind isn't crazy today, so I can get the hen houses cleaned after work. Was shocked to find (twice!) one of our dogs inside a 3 foot high raised planter, digging out everything. All the bean seeds I put in. They are stock tanks on large bricks. He has 1/2 acre in the main back yard to dig in and chose that. Good dirt with worm casings thrown out everywhere. I'll have to chicken wire the sides of it, I suppose.

Well, thought they'd be dogproof. The first time I caught him flinging dirt everywhere and I yelled at him, he had a hard time jumping out! These tubs are high enough so I don't have to bend my knees to garden (on purpose). I'm going to stake the sides in the tubs and run some chicken wire around. These heelers get "bored" and find new jobs for themselves in our yard. We have three of them.

Latest posts

Back