What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@hiwall
Sounds like a fun time for all!
mice-dancing.gif

Did y'all go dancin'?

No I haven't shot it yet. I'm not a cold weather person so I'll wait until the Climate Change kicks in and the temperatures get above 60.

No optics. This is a temporary gun. Son is upgrading the permanent gun but it will not be returned until they come to visit this fall. I needed a pistol caliber rifle for 3-gun matches this spring and summer. Then it will replace (3-gun matches will let me know if it's reliable) the SxS shotgun as the primary "middle of the night go to" firearm. 10 rounds plus 2 additional mags is better then 2 12 gauge shells plus a box of 25?

LazyL,
It is a fun gun to shoot! My husband has the 40 mm and I have a HiPoint 9mm, and I love it! Very accurate, and I don't use a scope or anything, just the ghost ring it came with. Have fun with yours!

Very nice day here. Did some outside work this morning and now deciding what to do this afternoon. Unloaded the building materials I bought yesterday. Likely more work in the garage/shop this afternoon. But it is sunny with almost no wind so I might set up a couple swinging targets and do some plinking.

Pumpkin treats? Do you just dry pumpkin?

I take a 15 oz. can of pumpkin, about 2 Tblsp. of honey and enough quick oats to make the dough stiff enough to make balls. I refrigerate the dough for a bit before forming into balls. Then I freeze them in little bags for future use. Refrigerate those I am using now. I don't measure the honey or oats, just dump.

The cold brew turned out great and I started a container of decaf too!

Too cold today to use my cute garden cart, so staying inside.

Waiting for storm to arrive and soaking fruit and nuts for fruit cakes. Cooking cleaning bathing dogs in plans fro today.
I absolutely love fruit cake!! Makes my mouth water just thinking about it!

I absolutely love fruit cake!! Makes my mouth water just thinking about it!

Hubby's brother who is disabled told him he really misses his fruit cakes hubby sends him. So we decided to make some and send him one or two. Maybe I'll send you one?
We didn't get enough brandy to soak fruits and nuts so I used a little vodka and a bottle of something from Italy son sent me, brand, whiskey, don't know. I know whatever it is it like fire on your tonque.

Since I've got to wait on money for the manual lockers on the '99 Ranger,I think I'll try and figure out why the '94 Ranger doesn't come out of 4x4 when I turn it off. Gotta do something to keep busy or I'll go "stir crazy" ..
(And before anybody comments on that,I know that's not a far trip :angie: :p :LOL:)

Started working on my cattle panel greenhouse.
I'll get the door and window framed tomorrow and hopefully get the plastic on Friday or Saturday.
Spring at last.:woo hoo:

Do you bend the panel's in a 'U' shape, stake it down, and stretch plastic over it?

Hubby's brother who is disabled told him he really misses his fruit cakes hubby sends him. So we decided to make some and send him one or two. Maybe I'll send you one?
We didn't get enough brandy to soak fruits and nuts so I used a little vodka and a bottle of something from Italy son sent me, brand, whiskey, don't know. I know whatever it is it like fire on your tonque.

I used to soak my banana fruitcakes in Jack Daniels, until I quit drinking. Now I make an orange glaze for them.

Latest posts

Back