What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talking to daughter who hates Pretty Bird the crow. He left her a message yesterday about how rude she is ,he was clicking and crowing at same time, She hates crows and he is always loud in the a.m if his treat is late. Said she use to hear beautiful sound of wild song birds now jusst ugly crowing. I called and Pretty Bird left her a message on phone.She laughrd this morning about it " I can't beleive you let that ugly bird leave me that message".

Doctoring old dog Molly who has blood in stool, vet appt, Friday but hubby said he will not let them take her inside without him . so see if vet will come out to van or let hubby go in.
Washing aka hoseing down front porch.Being careful with knee while working.

Can daughters song birds work with tools? My crows can.Plus theu guard our hens against hawks, can't beat the hawk in a fair fight but in air and a couple can knock one out.

Last edited:
My girlfriend, her daughter and her boyfriend all had it. I checked on getting tested but didn't have any effects so they wouldn't test me. But they said I would of had it being in the house with them. They said I could get the shot if you didn't have any effects. Now my girlfriend doctor is making her wait 6 weeks. If she doesn't get it she will losses her job

There are laws in place that make it illegal for employers to fire someone for not getting a vaccine. They can make working without it 'uncomfortable' to the point the employee quits (and frees the employer of liability).

I recommend she get a waiver on religious grounds.

I'm waiting for it to be 45minutes after taking my thyroid meds so I can go eat some strawberry banana yogurt.

I am trying a new protocol for my thyroid. I am taking Dr Christopher's Thyroid Maintenance and Ancestral Supplements Bovine Thyroid. So far I feel good! I started with the herbal supplements because they contain kelp and natural iodine which is deficient in hypothyroid patients. After a few weeks of working up to a base dosage of 2 capsules twice a day I added the bovine thyroid. Again I worked up to my current dosage of one three times a day and may need to add a fourth next week. I am not as tired as I was even on the porcine thyroid.

I figured I'd share since bovine thyroid is OTC.

Strawberry has been outside several times.
She has barked her required number of times this morning at squirrels, kids on bikes.
Dishes are done.
Toilet has been scrubbed.
Potty chair has been scrubbed.
Sink too.
Wal*Mart grocery order has been picked up.
It's also been put away.
Going to check the weather, thinking vension chili for the weekend.
Estelle is coming over Friday night for sleepover.
Not sure how much sleep we'll get????
Crocheting on blanket for my dad.
One that is long enough for him in the recliner.
Got some fabric ironing to do up.
Bit of sewing.

been busy, got more hay,. definitely have enough now unless something unexpected happens

went shopping for other stuff also, very little grain at the feed store

snowed again overnight and this morning, but done now I think, it looks like it is melting already

waiting for my lasagna to come out of the oven now , debating if there is any point in cleaning the floors again ( dirty muddy dog paws keep it a mess)

There are laws in place that make it illegal for employers to fire someone for not getting a vaccine. They can make working without it 'uncomfortable' to the point the employee quits (and frees the employer of liability).

I recommend she get a waiver on religious grounds.

Careful your getting close to being political and I'm trying to help prevent this behavior,so cool it Grimm don't make me have to report you.
Come to think of it ,it will just be like a boomerrang back me, so carry on.:thumbs:

Setting up plants in another inside area with more sun.Plus they are in dining room and in the way, time to clean floors too.

Picked up my favorite cousin and her daughter this morning...went to the new Amish Goods store, it's on a family's property. Real nice, and they did a great job on LED solar lighting in the new building they put up for the store. Bought some stockings and a box of birthday cards. Then we went to visit my other cousin, favorite cousin's sister. She was flustered because she didn't know we were coming and just had finished mopping. Ha. Fun to visit with her She's a widow. The off to the thrift store in town, and I found some hand embroidered tablecloths for 50 cents, some metal mixing bowls, a skirt for granddaughter, and other goodies. Then we went to our little town's burger joint for lunch. Husband was a real trooper being the driver. Even visiting with all us ladies. Caught up on all the town going ons for the week.

We are looking for Dexters. Have found several listed that aren't way overpriced but people don't answer . WHY place an add if you don't answer questions about it. If they are sold, mark it as sold or delete it!

The last person I contacted finally responded. Sent me pictures, of the whole herd, in the dark. Got peeved when I asked for daytime photos of just the 2 that are for sale.

Last edited:
So sorry, wow, how did she do that? hope she gets better soon

Sonya, wife has had RA since she was 25. She lived most of her lived on steroids ( prednisone) which destroyed her bones.
This is the 11th fractured vertebrae since August.

We had hoped that once all were fixed T8 down to L5 that would be all.
How did she break this one ( T7) ?
She sneezed.

Hope it's only one.
got MRI scheduled next Thursday, for better detail.

We take it one day at a time.

Jim

Cleaning up my house after going shopping.
I believed I had left it puppy proof.
Nope. Not even close.
Megs - Megalodon- land shark - destructo dog has proven me wrong yet again Lord bless her heart.
I brought pigs ears...lot and LOTS of pig ears and it looks like it's keeping the canine toddler, her huge mouthful of teeth and her zero impulse control occupied. For the moment.
I'll take my wins where I can get 'em.

Latest posts

Back