What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prepared the site for the storage container again, some more, due to a delay in delivery. Hopefully the storage container is safely planted tomorrow afternoon but the supports for the one end, on the bottom of the sloped yard, were reinforced again just because we had time. Drilled two holes for the gate posts for our horse coral and cemented in one post. The container needs to be placed before the gate and the rest of the fence can be placed. New battery for the old Avalanche, started her up and parked her in the driveway, a good set of used tires on her original rims waiting their time in line to replace the bad tires she is limping with. Learned the POS ex-brother-n-law lost the battery hold down bolt and replaced it with an ill fitting junk bolt so I need to track down a proper replacement. He is also responsible for taking out the $500 stereo and replacing it with a $50 walmart crap just so he could have bluetooth. Hoping to see him in the back hills one day. Sat in the redneck steam room for a half hour to clear my lungs and my mind.
Another day of hard work tomorrow.

I’m not saying the Lady’s perfume was too strong. I am saying the canary was alive before she entered the room.
I remember when I was in college in AZ and there were some girls who left a vapor cloud that you could actually see, I did not want to walk through that. That is not what I envisioned when a guy said,"She takes my breath away".

Now why didn't I think of that....None around me have the door I need. Haven't been able to find one online.
Back in the day a lot of the salvage yards were interconnected and one yard could pull something from a different yard if they didn't have it. Have you asked the yard near you if they could get it?

To some degree you are right. But safety is such a huge push, as it should be, everything takes longer. ...

I read by the time an employee arrived at the job site, set up the local, county, state and OSHA required equipment he had about 1 hour to actually work before he had to take everything down and return by quitting time. As I recall the job involved removing drywall to run electrical.

Last edited:
Well, the dry needling did not help my trigger thumb. Will call ortho doc and see about a cortizone shot, I guess. Don't want it but the oral steroids didn't work. Really don't want surgery.

Walked first this morning.
Cut up carrots for dog treats (with food processor).
Made s/f pudding and jello.
Found a recipe to make the cheese sauce for the mac and cheese I want to PC.
Got DH's meds set up for the next month and called in refills for him.
Next on my list is to check out the paperwork I received for our medical POA, wills, etc.

I got up this morning and my fitbit wasn't on my arm. Figured out the band had broken overnight. Repaired it for now with electrical tape. Can't even tell where it broke. LOL

I remember when I was in college in AZ and there were some girls who left a vapor cloud that you could actually see, I did not want to walk through that. That is not what I envisioned when a guy said,"She takes my breath away".
Most people today are extremely "nose blind" especially to cleaners and fabric-softeners. We have reps. that reek of fab. sft. so strong, I leave the door open after they leave. Perfumes in addition to laundry and shampoo are awful!

Lots going on today with ffamily,son is in flight from London and daughter has her little 3 day old peep first shot at raising chickens. So we have been on phone about the little chickies this morning off and on. She has them in a big cardboard box under red heat lamp. Her and 16 yr old grandson are enjoying them.
I really neeed to clean floors today , put up winter clothes and get out summer clothes,high today is going to be 91.Need to turn on AC and let it run with doors open for a few minutes.

Tonight I need to switch out the covering materials for my raised beds, the plastic work well when it stays below 65, but above that it will cook my plants. I have some old thin flat bed sheets that I will be trying out this year. The cloth will keep in a little heat at night, let in just enough light for the plants to live, and will let rain water make it to the bed. Well that's what my thinking is.

Back in the day a lot of the salvage yards were interconnected and one yard could pull something from a different yard if they didn't have it. Have you asked the yard near you if they could get it?

Yes. They are just a small place and not on line. Our county only has about 3000 people so we don't have much out here. I called one in El Paso and they are checking to see what they have.

First day in a while it was just husband and I around. Kids at school, company gone, mom is not over. We went to get his allergy shots in the bigger town and then to Chic fil a for lunch. Went and bought a 14 ft flatbed that we've been wanting. Need to load the Ranger on it because it's not working right, and bring it in. Dinner and a movie tonight. Think I finally caught up on all the laundry.

Since I have allergies & my nose is stuffy, I can't smell a lot of things. My allergies have gotten worse over the years. I can't set foot in bath & bodyworks bc the whole place stinks with whatever scented products they have. I am guilty of using strong-smelling laundry detergent. I love the smell of original Gain.

I took my brother to the foot doctor appointment but they found out he changed insurance and refused to see him. Apparently, they are not allowed to treat anyone on Medicaid even if they are paying out of pocket. They can't accept cash from Medicaid patients or other people who are helping them out. The idea is that Medicaid officials feel if someone can pay cash or get someone to pay for them for one appointment, they don't need to be on Medicaid or some BS. He would have been better off claiming he had no insurance.

Stopped by Sams bc mom insisted we get more water. They were out of the kind we get. Went to do curbside pickup for my toilet tank at HomeDepot but the app wouldn't cooperate, kept crashing, & would redirect to the wrong page. I ended up having go go inside.

Had to go to Walmart just to use the bathroom on the way home bc I couldn't make it home. Spent probably 30 min in there.

My brother took the trash bag out of the trash can but left it in front of the stove so I can't cook & it's too heavy for me to lift. I'm waiting for him to move it so I can cook.

Our lease is up Nov of 2022. I decided we will be making some big purges. I figure that includes my craft and sewing junk. I made a purge of sewing machines a few years back and only have 6 left (not including 2 sergers). And yes I need them all. They each have a different purpose. I did decide that I am going to fix up my Singer 99 and turn it into a hand crank as I wanted back when Roo was a baby. I do have a working treadle base but I think a hand crank is more mobile if needed. I have the parts just have to find them all. If I have to buy the crank and spoke wheel again I will. But before I do that I need a base for the machine to sit in. I had one but I think it got tossed by K during one of our moves. I found a guy online that makes new carrying case bases for old machines and they are unfinished. Works for me. I just want it to fit inside a plastic carrying case from Walmart for storage.

That is my plan so I don't buy anymore machines.

I have been going through my fabric stash again and made a few cuts here and there. I do plan to get rid of anything I can't or will not use. I keep flashing to my mom's fabric stash and cringe had the thought I will have to deal with that someday.

My yarn stash will be the death of me...!

Grand daughter came over today.
We read some of our new books.
We cooked together too.
Her and Strawberry crawled up in Granny's lap to read some books.
They also took both took a hour half snuggled up together on Granny's lap.
Rainy here today, chilly,windy.
Found out today I will be gift more yarn, fabric because someone is cleaning out her mother's and aunt's quilt/craft store.

Last edited:
Our lease is up Nov of 2022. I decided we will be making some big purges. I figure that includes my craft and sewing junk. I made a purge of sewing machines a few years back and only have 6 left (not including 2 sergers). And yes I need them all. They each have a different purpose. I did decide that I am going to fix up my Singer 99 and turn it into a hand crank as I wanted back when Roo was a baby. I do have a working treadle base but I think a hand crank is more mobile if needed. I have the parts just have to find them all. If I have to buy the crank and spoke wheel again I will. But before I do that I need a base for the machine to sit in. I had one but I think it got tossed by K during one of our moves. I found a guy online that makes new carrying case bases for old machines and they are unfinished. Works for me. I just want it to fit inside a plastic carrying case from Walmart for storage.

That is my plan so I don't buy anymore machines.

I have been going through my fabric stash again and made a few cuts here and there. I do plan to get rid of anything I can't or will not use. I keep flashing to my mom's fabric stash and cringe had the thought I will have to deal with that someday.

My yarn stash will be the death of me...!

I always admired women who could sew,liked watching my aunt use her pedal machine.I can use a needle and thread but not good with machine. We use to 'peg'our jeans but no major sewing.

Cooked dinner for Mom and tripped over an empty milk jug on the floor & torqued my back. Currently lying down with a cat on my shoulder purring in my ear.

The more I think about the situation with my best friend and his ex, the more worried I get. The ex is bipolar and schizophrenic. She doesn't have auditory hallucinations but she gets paranoid & doesn't have a full grasp on reality. She told my brother yesterday that she worked things out with my friend & they are back together. We talked to our friend today and he said it was news to him. She apparently told him about the conversation & his response was "Where was I when this happened? Because I wasn't there for any reconciliation" but he also said he's going to let her have her delusions and not worry about it. For one, I don't think it is fair to her to not be given clear boundaries and reality checks. It's only going to lead to more problems. She's got a violent streak & I'm worried about what will happen if she continues with these delusions. I think he needs to report it to her therapist that she's having these delusions as they are not a good sign. I know it will hurt her feelings to be given a reality check, but it will hurt more later on.

Also, apparently the baby can now crawl, but not on his front. He can scoot along the floor on his back. He was in a little seat thing close to the ground. Friend went outside to get something from the car. Came back to find the baby in the kitchen scooting across the floor on his back. He's too fat to support his weight with his arms.

I am off today, got up at normal time, had breakfast, went to Lowes and Home Depot this morning, picked up some containers and garden supplies. I hope to work in the garden, replant a tree, and do my taxes today. But, I have a dentist appointment at 08:00 for oral surgery, I hope it doesn't knock me for a loop.

Oral surgery is no fun, Urban. It may slow your day down.
I've got to take little granddaughter to school in a little bit. The twins have a spring dance to go to tonight, and granddaughter is bringing her girlfriend home with her to get ready for the dance and for dinner. Was surprised the dance starts at 9, ends at 1030. Was surprised it starts so late, or maybe I'm just old and don't remember. Hoping husband is in the mood to go into the bigger town. I need stuff at Walmart and at Kroger.

Its even better when the people wearing all those fragrances get offended because I can't stand to be near them.
Was it "Musk" that was the rage for awhile? Women folk figured if a little would catch a man then a lot would get the whole herd? Made my eyes water.

I was on an elevator when I was pleasantly surprised. Lady smelled faintly of "Taboo" perfume. That is the perfume my wife wore on our first date twenty some years earlier. Brought back fond memories.

I am off today, got up at normal time, had breakfast, went to Lowes and Home Depot this morning, picked up some containers and garden supplies. I hope to work in the garden, replant a tree, and do my taxes today. But, I have a dentist appointment at 08:00 for oral surgery, I hope it doesn't knock me for a loop.

Oral surgions are the only way to go for tooth pulling.Good luck .

Daughter is loving her peeps. She can't beleive how much they poop. They went from downstairs to her dining room,she likes looking at them. Grandson is already wanting to name one them.
I found a new couple to watch, was just the girl alone,then she got married,she is a Norse pagan living in the land of the midnight sun,very cold!

Had a bad night but so far good morning.

Latest posts

Back