What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@phideaux Glad you are feeling better and can now go off the meds gradually.
@Weedygarden I was thinking the same thing as Amish - please share etsy link.
@Meerkat I have hubby cut my hair, but I've learned if I want 2" cut, then tell him half inch :)

Stayed home, not going anywhere near a store the weekend before Christmas! Filled the birdfeeder, finished a book, sat in the rocker under my heated throw and took a nap. Best way to spend a winter weekend :)

Several week ago I cut off most of my hair,it was almost to my waste and too hard to deal with and wash.Last week I shaped it and that was a task with vision problems. Hubby helped.but I hadto watch him very closelylast time a [ few years ago] he gve me a reverse Mohawk V in back.:ghostly:.
We did an ok job. We both like it much better now shorter. It takes a fw days to see how its going to lay today it looks ok.
Ww put up turnips and greens we picked and froze them.Time to bathe the dogs, vacuum and mop. I'll do that off and on .
I've been getting my hair cut at Great Clips for years. There is a senior discount. I believe a haircut is $14.

@phideaux Glad you are feeling better and can now go off the meds gradually.
@Weedygarden I was thinking the same thing as Amish - please share etsy link.
@Meerkat I have hubby cut my hair, but I've learned if I want 2" cut, then tell him half inch :)
LOL, thats right LadyL. Same for most stlist,at least with him I have more control,he has to look at the finshed productan maybe a few doors slamming..

Yesterday was every bit as hectic as I thought it would be, but my little dancers did very well and had a great time (which is even more important). The place was packed and the audience was very energetic, which adds to the excitement. My older dancer's troupe finished 2nd overall and she was awarded "most graceful performance" of the night which came with a dozen roses. My younger dancer's troupe finished 3rd overall and she received "hip hop standout". In part because she really gets into it and in part because she is also a gymnast and can flip and flop around like gravity doesn't affect her. Anyway it was fun night that I am glad only comes around 2-3 times a year.

Now today we have a church breakfast followed by services. After that we are going to watch a holiday movie and eventually we will make some hot cocoa and go out for the parade of lights. We also need to vote for the best decorated and worst decorated house in our neighborhood. We are very excited that Christmas is coming up on Wednesday!

Time to clean out china cabinet and our ' Hyacinth Tea set.
Hubby and I were at Goodwill Store and he found a almost perfect set [only one mising cup].It is a Royal Vale MADE IN ENGLAND rare find.8 cups,saucers and biscuit plates.
Several old ladies at check out was after hubby for the set "will see you in parking lot" :eek::). We all had a good laugh although a couple of them were serious.

Skip to 1:00 minute to see how old ladies like our English tea cups.I smile everytime I pull them out now.

We got checked in in Abq and now I'm feeding the kid before she starts her fast for the bloodwork tomorrow.

Prayers and positive thoughts for Timmy as well as you and your daughter.

I've been thinking of you @timmie You're in my thoughts and prayers. Maybe tell them you have something you would like to return to them.
@Meerkat I had a dear friend who loved that show and was always appalled at her. I haven't had TV for so many years, I'd never seen it. About a year after her passing, I was at a hotel and saw an episode and was in stitches laughing because I was thinking of how appalled my friend would be :)

I've been thinking of you @timmie You're in my thoughts and prayers. Maybe tell them you have something you would like to return to them.
@Meerkat I had a dear friend who loved that show and was always appalled at her. I haven't had TV for so many years, I'd never seen it. About a year after her passing, I was at a hotel and saw an episode and was in stitches laughing because I was thinking of how appalled my friend would be :)

We got rid of TV about 25 yr.s ago ,turned it back on for a few months 15 yr ago and realized we missed nothing, so it has been off since.
The show was funny. We only had a couple channels and that show was on one.

Big family get together that was both great and great to leave. Did a carving for a work giveaway each week since Thanksgiving and this is the last. Will paint and add the magnet tomorrow morning.
B2CEFD54-AA3A-4FC9-A13B-0511CE9FED6F.jpeg

Big family get together that was both great and great to leave. Did a carving for a work giveaway each week since Thanksgiving and this is the last. Will paint and add the magnet tomorrow morning.View attachment 31684
Wow @Dadio I think you are one of those folks who is going to need a vacation after the holidays.

We've taken a nice low key weekend. Yesterday after breakfast, we went over the mountain to a place hubby likes to fish. He got a new switch rod a couple weeks ago and hadn't had a chance to test it out. No bites or nothin' but he's happy with it and likes the weight of it. I stitch while he fishes. The dog was complete wiggles as he loves going fishing with hubby. He's been going since he was a pup so doesn't get in the water but stays on the bank and sniffs things etc. Today, was change the fuel filter on the pickup, vacuum the rugs etc. sort of day. Nothing life shattering- just good days.

Went to church this morning , first time in 4 weeks..
Great to see all my friends.

Went to Hardee's for a quick sandwich with some friends, then home.

a couple friends came to visit us, and exchange a few gifts ...tradition with them.
They stayed till about 4 pm..
Long day for me .

Wife made an Elvis Presley cake for tomorrow.
45977.jpg

OMG..

JIM

Looks like a good cake, Phideaux. Hope you're ok, Timmie. Hope the kid found something good to eat tonight, Terri. Was it Chic Fil A?
We have been in a half asleep state all day. Little granddaughter was scheduled in at 11:05 last night, flight had to stop in Vegas for a sick passenger, and it didn't get in until 12:30 a.m. After getting the bags, we didn't get home till 1:30 this morning. Figured I'd sleep in, but one of our old employees called me at 7:45 this morning, because she knows I'm up early. Ha. Wasn't this morning. Stocked up on animal feed this afternoon, and helped granddaughter move her room upstairs so little granddaughter could move into the room downstairs. She had two very packed large suitcases, and three packed backpacks. Bagged up a lot of the clothes she came with, they were very small and indecent. All of her pants were skin tight leggings. She also had a bunch of makeup, not kids stuff, but adult stuff. That went in the garbage, too. Glad I shopped for her last month, and did a little more last week. She also brought the summer stuff I got her last year. The rest was junk, except for a few nice toys that her mom had bought her. I know foster parents get money to buy clothing and birthday and Christmas gifts. But honestly, I don't think they spent a cent on her. Daisy Dukes and makeup for a just turned 8 year old doesn't seem right to me. Her room is now set up, and she came with an Elf on the Shelf which is creeping out her big sis.

@timmie get better and back home soon! @Terri9630 keep an eye on the BP thing... My normal resting bp is 90-95 over 54-58, lower than average. Last month my doc gave me two meds... I learned the hardway they have side effects, both can cause a drop in bp, especially if I eat right away. One morning I took my meds then scrambled an egg. I sit down to eat and the next thing I know my face is in my eggs (glad I wanted a change from my usual sunnyside). When I could finally crawl down the hall for my bp tester it was 78/41. It took an hour for my bp to come back up. Now I always wait at least an hour to eat after taking meds with no problem. I know how your girl feels with the bp thing, no fun, I felt helpless. Wishing her the best.

Well, crap...

Had to call 911 tonight. I was at the gym and had an episode of exercise induced hypoglycemia. No one else was in the gym and I think I passed out but I'm not sure. All I know is that I lost about an hour and a half of time, I don't remember at all. Then I remember a terrifying nightmare like series of images, where I thought I was going crazy. I suppose that was my brain being short circuited by lack of glucose. And then I was pulling myself up onto the padded bench, and somehow I got the granola bar out of my sweatshirt and opened it and ate it. But I didn't have the dexterity to call 911. It took several tries. Not sure how I ate a granola bar if I couldn't dial the phone. God is looking out for me I guess.
The town cop responded but the gym door was locked, of course. You need a swipe key to get in. I managed to get to the door and he checked me out. EMTs got there a couple minutes after. They checked me over, blood glucose was almost within normal range and BP was 160 over 100, which I guess is not abnormal for something like this. I'll check BP again shortly.

Apparently my legs cramped up, or the muscles contracted and spasmed. My thighs feel like I ran a marathon. (Well, not that I'd know what running a marathon feels like, but still...:rolleyes:) I doubt I'll be doing much in the morning. This kind of thing takes a lot out of me. Just part of life though. It's been since 2012 that my glucose has been low enough that I needed assistance. I'm actually kind of pissed at myself for letting it happen...

I used to keep a restaurant honey packet with me for my hypoglycemia. Once I stopped eating carbs I no longer seem to need it.

@Spikedriver that's scary. I turn my back for one day and down you go. Seriously, I'm glad you're sorta ok. Let us know when you're really ok.

Everybody, so much happening with y'all, take it easy! I can't keep up. Go out of town for a few days and look what happens!
Amish Heart, you are awesome. Hug that little girl often.

Back