What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All this stuff is making me feel old, TSR80s, VIC 20s, C64s, TI had one too, then they were all followed by the 80-88 clones, monochrome monitors and all.... It seemed like every other year the systems upgraded, hard drives were added (10Mb was big!). Word-perfect and Word were fighting tooth and nail. Fortran and Basic were the goto languages... Then the march started, 80-88s, 286, 386, 486, and off to infinity!
pull a chair up to the fire, we will have a beer and be old together.

First meeting today with my dissertation supervisor, who speaks like he swallowed a world dictionary- the man uses words casually that I have to look up when hes gone lol. A few chores out today, tackling husbands accounts, then meeting and classes until 6.30 when I'm collecting youngest from college. Its bright and breezy here- and my cabbage seeds have popped their heads up in the poly.
Have a good day everyone!

Up early (3:15) to get Bear out between rain/storms. Going to be a wet day. My job will probably get bumped to Saturday. I won't mind, will need a nap today! Plenty to do if I am home! Hubby is just starting a big yard job, revamping flower beds for a lady he works for a lot. So he will be home the next couple of days because of the weather. He's taking down some free standing shelves in his shop and building nicer, more heavy duty shelves. So he'll be busy over there and out of the house!😃😉

Just got home, been awake 21 hours, finished walking the exhibit hall over about 5 hours, and had 13 hours of travel time (including driving and waiting) from Fort Worth to Vegas to Utah.
Found some super cool stuff to pitch and sell and looking forward to running with it very soon.
But, for now, I need to shower and get a few hours sleep before heading to work.
Sweet Dreams, and Good Morning.

what a week...son in law is better but there now is not really enough time left for them to visit. Oh well, very disappointing.

Today we are going to do something fun, going swimming. All the lambs are born and we have enough time in between the bottle babies to leave for a while. DId the shopping yesterday so we will just go swimming, drop son's car off and drop husband off at the doctors. Oh yeah, next problem, husband got bit by probably a lyme tick, so he needs to get an antibiotic. I had this happen a few years ago. No lasting damages. You have to catch it early

about to go take care of the animals, husband already fed the bottle babies, he does the early morning, I do the late evening one

Sore throat and stuffy nose kept me awake. Hopefully today will get better, I need to get husband to the docs in the bigger town late morning. Rain and lightening going on here right now. Cats don't like it one bit. Need to take all the little girls to school this morning, three of them...although little granddaughter has half a day off, so she'll be home early.

Husband's been on hold all week long trying to find out when the Change Insurance Co is paying their $22 million ransom so he can get his nebulizer meds paid for under his Medicare. Still haven't paid it, and it's been 3 weeks. And he was on hold for a half hour with the postal service trying to find out what happened to his diabetic sensors that are stuck in Wichita post office for reasons unknown. He's not mobile, so he gets to do all the phone calling.

11 degs this morning. I left at 6 am. There was a few icy spots on the road, but otherwise the roads are in good shape. Got about 4 hours to go.
Took a quick Look-see at the backyard a few minutes ago and saw the last remnants of Snow...?!?

Attachments

• Mar072024 027.jpg
    Mar072024 027.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Awoke at 2AM, heard the coffee start at 4 so thought will get up when I hear it gurgle. Must have dozed off - alarm at 4:30 woke me again o_O Don't feel too bad yet, but it's usually afternoon when those things really kick in.
Grocery Outlet had boot trays for $4 so I got 4 so I can use them with the little greenhouse I bring inside. They are much sturdier than the flimsy seed trays.
Knee seems a little better today, am almost walking normal but still slow.

@Mountain trapper Have fun and stay out of trouble. If you can't stay out of trouble, don't get caught.
@Amish Heart Hope you get to feeling better - take your vits. and try to take a nap if the opportunity presents itself. :huggs:

@UrbanHunter Be careful out there among the masses.

Bored doing nothing but reading, sleeping and watching dvds.
Have to sleep in the recliner so I'm in one position all night. ugh
Doctors tomorrow morning first thing. Post op visit. Hopefully these nasty staples will be taken out.
I think they're more painful than normal stitches

Been managing to stand log enough to make a sandwich for lunch the last few days. Trying to move more and do small things.

Never been this incapacitated before. Not even after back surgery

Bored doing nothing but reading, sleeping and watching dvds.
Have to sleep in the recliner so I'm in one position all night. ugh
Doctors tomorrow morning first thing. Post op visit. Hopefully these nasty staples will be taken out.
I think they're more painful than normal stitches

Been managing to stand log enough to make a sandwich for lunch the last few days. Trying to move more and do small things.

Never been this incapacitated before. Not even after back surgery
I must have missed what happened, but whatever it is, I hope you heal up quickly. Healing with stitches is itchy - that's a good sign. Vit. E oil is about all I know to suggest on that front. Hugs dear.

Sitting on hold with my electric company for the second time! Apparently I don't exist!! Not because I've been on hold so long, I got an email saying my account is invalid!🤔 Rant coming in the rant thread shortly.........🙄
Got the right gal on the phone, got everything straightened out!!

The weirdest things happen to me, my whole life… from bordering on the surreal to twilight zone material. Beautiful day so I did a little plant hunting after lunch. Went down a gravel road, then another, and then yet another turn. I noticed a new street sign, few months old maybe, hadn’t been down that road in a while.

Somebody named a road after me! My name is on the street sign!!! I’d have though someone would have bothered to tell me, only 2 miles from my house. But nope, not a word. WTHeck? a road named after me… why? Not much of a road, gravel, couple bad places. Am I supposed to call and complain about my road now? Even worse, do i have to fix it? Guess my opsec took a permanent vacation. 🤣

changing the starter on one of My duallies, went to move it to scrape off some snow, No crank. I will be happy with it failing right in front of my shop , in a spot where I can work on it, not in a parking lot or somewhere inconvenient. I happen to have a known good starter to swap on, just have to find some little screws for the heat shield.

Got a pot of beans cooking for dinner. Working until 5. Took a walk at lunchtime with the hubby and the dog. Came home with a lost and confused chicken who apparently hasn’t eaten or drank anything for a while. She was wandering around in a fairly active intersection. I know most folks in that area and none of them are missing any clucks. She doesn’t appear to be an “outdoor” bird. Long nails, knock knees, and zero inspiration to walk away from humans or dogs. She is currently hanging with me in my office where it’s warm. I’ll have the boys put her in the quarantine pen when the get home. She is actively tearing through a bowl of food and has drank most of a cup of water with electrolytes. Other than a bit of a limp and being on the thin side, she seems fairly healthy.
IMG_3087.jpeg

changing the starter on one of My duallies, went to move it to scrape off some snow, No crank. I will be happy with it failing right in front of my shop , in a spot where I can work on it, not in a parking lot or somewhere inconvenient. I happen to have a known good starter to swap on, just have to find some little screws for the heat shield.
Always nice when they break at home! I always 'park where the wrecker can get it' when I drive my truck, lol!

Got a pot of beans cooking for dinner. Working until 5. Took a walk at lunchtime with the hubby and the dog. Came home with a lost and confused chicken who apparently hasn’t eaten or drank anything for a while. She was wandering around in a fairly active intersection. I know most folks in that area and none of them are missing any clucks. She doesn’t appear to be an “outdoor” bird. Long nails, knock knees, and zero inspiration to walk away from humans or dogs. She is currently hanging with me in my office where it’s warm. I’ll have the boys put her in the quarantine pen when the get home. She is actively tearing through a bowl of food and has drank most of a cup of water with electrolytes. Other than a bit of a limp and being on the thin side, she seems fairly healthy. View attachment 125889
Keep us updated!! Pretty girl, glad you found her! She's glad you found her, lol!

Latest posts

Back