What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting Ready for some shut-eye...!!! Did some more touch-up on Bushie's Grave, found 5 new Red Raspberry Plants popping up by the main one, will find good locales to Re-plant 2morrow... Watered the whole dang yard as no rain until Tuesday Next Week...!!! Good Night All, Take Care and May GOD Bless...!!

Oh, Re-covered the Buds on the Apple Tree for a Threat of Frost is still on for the early AM...!

Went to the meat n 3 for lunch, tasty as usual. Did a little plant hunting on the way back, took a 6 mile detour on gravel roads. Stopped at my favorite creek, lots of plants blooming in the woods. Saw a pure white azeala but couldn't get close enough for a pic that showed more than white dots. Didn't want to risk falling in the creek (again). Water is still cold this time of year! 😁

Also saw some large cat tracks near a pasture, called the farmer when i got home. He was appreciative.

Got a few chores done, played a little music.

no goat kids, but we are past the worst of the weather now I think
LOL this is like me when I was having my kids , both were 2 weeks late and they induced labor with both so they didn't get too big. This is the first time ever we waited this long for goat kids! Usually they all get pregnant in a day or 2

I cooked all day pretty much yesterday , after animal care Made spaggetti and meatballs and chili for the freezer, and our regular meal was lentil soup and Streuselkuchen to go with it. I was going to try a new Greek bread, but it needed to sit overnight so I made something else instead. Today I am going to make a large batch of goat curry and rice, plus lentil curry to go with it for the freezer, plus chicken and rice for us today

We are way behind on the garden because of the weather, oh well.

Unexpected day off😮! Had a carpet cleaning job scheduled, it's not happening! I knew better than to schedule it in the first place, there are some people that I just won't work for, and I need to never make exceptions again!! So I'll be home catching up on yardwork. Warm but windy today. I really need to give my closet a good going through, 🤔 maybe that will happen?!

@Bluedanube that’s funny except for your pain. That was a lot of information! Is it good you went to check on progress? I tried to quote your post but I went to the next page and it didn’t carry over.
One went to prom and the other made burgers? 😅
Describes my polar opposite boys to a tee! Even their choice of demo tools are opposite, younger (prom kid) had the saws all and the older was just wailing away with an axe and sledgehammer. They were both at least wearing glasses, gloves, earplugs, and dust masks. Way safer operating system than when I was that age!

Today I take a couple of RC aircraft to turn over to the club I was a member of since it was founded. Moving is hard, getting older is hard.
Getting Here is Easy, Beeing Here Is HARD...!!! 😉

scouting around
Looking for fishing holes

View attachment 127778
Working on it!!

image.jpg

Just spent the second night in our new home in Texas. The house is cluttered with boxes and furniture but we are working on it. Roo went crawdaddy hunting in the front yard and found a bunch under the easement for the driveway. Big suckers too! Found a bullfrog in the road that got run over and a large grass snake. The girls are loving all this wildlife right in the front yard! There is a cow pasture behind our back fence and a horse pasture across the road. We are enjoying it so far.

Already had Coffee, planning for the future, that way I don`t have to do anything right now. :popcorn:

Sipping on my spiced coffee.
It was a busy week,
work week went well and after work= mowed , grabbed 4 chicks, ran erronds, walked pups alot ..going going going..
It's been a busy morning so far..
Woke up to it snowing , now it's all melted ,grey outside too.
2 loads of laundry so far, one batch of dog food.
Going to walk the pups, grab a few items from town and organize inside more.
Great day dispite the clouds..😀

Just spent the second night in our new home in Texas. The house is cluttered with boxes and furniture but we are working on it. Roo went crawdaddy hunting in the front yard and found a bunch under the easement for the driveway. Big suckers too! Found a bullfrog in the road that got run over and a large grass snake. The girls are loving all this wildlife right in the front yard! There is a cow pasture behind our back fence and a horse pasture across the road. We are enjoying it so far.
You are only about 40 miles from me. Lots of wildlife, watch out for fire ants and copper heads they get really big and aggressive here.

Finally sleeping in the bed and not in the recliner.
After 6 weeks its a relief.
Bought a step stool to get up in the suv. Works great. It folds down if I need it to.
Next up is seeing if I can get in the suv to drive without any pain

Finally sleeping in the bed and not in the recliner.
After 6 weeks its a relief.
Bought a step stool to get up in the suv. Works great. It folds down if I need it to.
Next up is seeing if I can get in the suv to drive without any pain
Hope you continue to improve, six weeks probably feels like a million years! Thank you for the update!! Prayers and hugs!!

Man now you know you gotta get them scales and soak them, oil them, and seal them for the best guitar picks there are.
The scales were not salvageable. They were ruined by the elements. The ones that were on. Came off like paper
I did not know that. Next fresh one I will get em

I have a question? What is the going rate for a blackmail video of the guy next door chasing his chicken across the front yard?
Gotta check his bank accounts and if possible see what his max loan amount is and start juuuuuuust below that

You are only about 40 miles from me. Lots of wildlife, watch out for fire ants and copper heads they get really big and aggressive here.
Stop teasing me Grimm. You know I want them snakes. IMG_4887.jpeg

Latest posts

Back