What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's not a laughing at you, it just struck me as funny. I like peace in the mornings. If I had to listen to some sort of music, it might be that relaxing w/ nature sounds stuff. I can't imagine listening to a musical. 😊
PS, I also don't like lights first thing in the morning. I light a candle until coffee is consumed :coffee:
I usually listen to these after I am up, have had my coffee and often sitting in a dog park, on a bench, mostly away from the most activity. I am a morning person, but I do like to be up for a while in the quiet as well.

I don't like any noise when I sleep.

When I get up in the morning none except the birds and the breeze maybe a soft rain is okay, but that is about it.

DONT TALK TO ME YET!!!! My brain is still out of gear and the coffee is brining it around. HEHEHEHEHEH
I tell my husband I don’t speak English until I’ve had 2 cups of coffee 😂

You're right and you're welcome.

I'm going to a charity place in town to discuss it with the guy who runs it to see if there is anything he can do for that guy and I have some suggestions too. He is also on the city council.
I went and discussed the homeless man. He said to give homeless people his phone number and he would help them! GOOD!!!

I went and discussed the homeless man. He said to give homeless people his phone number and he would help them! GOOD!!!
That leaves it to the homeless person to make that right decision! Does he have a phone? Access to one? Sounds like he wasn't one of the " I choose to be homeless" group! Don't quit until he does!!😉

Wow, Hubby's Kawasaki motor (John Deere) has a very shattered rod! Other side looks great, so can we get just one rod and piston? Will probably replace both! Big clean up job! FYI, when he bought it, took it home, started it, .......wait for it.....I said it was running on one cylinder!! 😃I won! 🤔

My daughter had the solemn honor of laying the wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier today. I'm not sure she understands exactly what a privilege it is to honor those fallen soldiers, or why the tomb sentinels behave with the utmost respect and discipline. But I am positive that it is something she will never forget. She is the one in the black dress.

Wow, Hubby's Kawasaki motor (John Deere) has a very shattered rod! Other side looks great, so can we get just one rod and piston? Will probably replace both! Big clean up job! FYI, when he bought it, took it home, started it, .......wait for it.....I said it was running on one cylinder!! 😃I won! 🤔
what is the prize??

My daughter had the solemn honor of laying the wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier today. I'm not sure she understands exactly what a privilege it is to honor those fallen soldiers, or why the tomb sentinels behave with the utmost respect and discipline. But I am positive that it is something she will never forget. She is the one in the black dress.
View attachment 128275

Indeed an honor, I'm proud for her. Don't worry though, it takes years of living to understand that kind of sacrifice. :)

Glad he's getting help! Hope he does well. There was a sad story here though. A little town up the road had one homeless guy for several years. Lived under a bridge, refused any real help, many tried, churches, individuals. It took years to get him into a group home setting for mentally challenged. He was normal but it was the only bed for him in a small town.

After he started getting state funds he got a bicycle, one of those that you lay on your back to ride, sits low to the ground. Had a small red reflector behind and white light on the front. At dusky dark he’d ride across town to the kfc for chicken, saw him there once. He’d ride up the only 4-lane and in the right lane, legal but still difficult to see. I saw him almost get hit by vehicles more than once, almost every time I saw him.

He did finally get hit by a car, think I posted about it. The town got him a warm bed, food, pocket money and the poor guy was dead in 2 years. :(

I hope your guy gets long term help. Folks who fail to provide their own bed and board usually need long term, hate to use the term supervision, but close enough. They didn't get that way over night. Get that far off track and it takes time to get back.

Last edited:
That leaves it to the homeless person to make that right decision! Does he have a phone? Access to one? Sounds like he wasn't one of the " I choose to be homeless" group! Don't quit until he does!!😉
I didn't see any phone on him. I thought about this too. The homeless man was less than a mile away, so I would give him directions on how to get there and offer him a ride.

Glad he's getting help! Hope he does well. There was a sad story here though. A little town up the road had one homeless guy for several years. Lived under a bridge, refused any real help, many tried, churches, individuals. It took years to get him into a group home setting for mentally challenged. He was normal but it was the only bed for him in a small town.

After he started getting state funds he got a bicycle, one of those that you lay on your back to ride, sits low to the ground. Had a small red reflector behind and white light on the front. At dusky dark he’d ride across town to the kfc for chicken, saw him there once. He’d ride up the only 4-lane and in the right lane, legal but still difficult to see. I saw him almost get hit by vehicles more than once, almost every time I saw him.

He did finally get hit by a car, think I posted about it. The town got him a warm bed, food, pocket money and the poor guy was dead in 2 years. :(

I hope your guy gets long term help. Folks who fail to provide their own bed and board usually need long term, hate to use the term supervision, but close enough. They didn't get that way over night. Get that far off track and it takes time to get back.
That's sad!

I don't know anything about him but the man here I would like to direct to a charity place that has some solutions. Maybe Social Security and low income housing? I don't know.

Last edited:
You have a right to be very proud of you daughter she did a great job!!!!!!
@Spikedriver That is a wonderful thing, she is seeing why we need to save this country and its heritage firsthand.
I hope she will be able to live her life in safety and prosperity.
After this She will probably want to know all the things you can tell her about our country.

Be safe out there in one of the most dangerous jobs on earth.
We used to have a safety first outlook in the industry, before the "operating ratio" wars

We had a little card that Said!

No Job is so important
No service is so urgent
That we cannot take the time
To perform our task safely

Now it is profit ,, financial image (OR),, production,, safety (and that means employees and the general public),,, continued viability.

View attachment 128275
You didn't Explain it to Her...?!?

I hope your ankle feels better soon @Magus !

It's difficult to get caught up and stay caught up this month.
I will walk in a bit.
Walk dogs.
Do laundry.
Maybe work on shed a little more.

New pup (Bo) is now starting to play with the cat. That is a major improvement! He has such a sweet demeanor!

Went to a musical program at the college Saturday eve with a friend. It was great!
Went to town with friend, yesterday and hit Aldi and Walmart and TSC.

@backlash where are you these days? Seeing any good sights?
Right now we are in Albuquerque, NM.
We were planning on driving East yesterday but there is a severe weather warning right where we are going.
High winds, thunderstorms, hail up to 2" and possible tornados.
We said NO way and are staying put till that passes.
Apparently there is something in Albuquerque that I am severely allergic to.
I finally had to go to urgent care and make sure that it wasn't something more serious.
Tested negative for Covid, Flu and strep so it allergies.
The Grand Canyon was special. I had never seen it before.
Once you leave Williams AZ there is just miles and miles of nothing.
We did stop in Winslow AZ and saw a girl in a flatbed Ford slowing down to take a look at me.
The meteorite crater is impressive.
We are staying mostly at Air Force Bases.
They are cheap, safe, and clean.
If anyone is retired or is a service connected disabled vet I can highly recommend you take advantage of that perk.
Usually around $35 a night for full hookups instead of $50 to $100 at other places like KOA.

Last edited:
Right now we are in Albuquerque, NM.
We were planning on driving East yesterday but there is a severe weather warning right where we are going.
High winds, thunderstorms, hail up to 2" and possible tornados.
We said NO way and are staying put till that passes.
Apparently there is something in Albuquerque that I am severely allergic to.
I finally had to go to urgent care and make sure that it wasn't something more serious.
Tested negative for Covid, Flu and strep so it allergies.
The Grand Canyon was special. I had never seen it before.
Once you leave Williams AZ there is just miles and miles of nothing.
We did stop in Winslow AZ and saw a girl in a flatbed Ford slowing down to take a look at me.
The meteorite crater is impressive.
We are staying mostly at Air Force Bases.
They are cheap, safe, and clean.
If anyone is retired or is a service connected disabled vet I can highly recommend you take advantage of that perk.
Usually around $35 a night for full hookups instead of $50 to $100 at other places like KOA.
Ugh! Sorry you aren't feeling well, but glad you've been able to tick some cool things off the list.
PS - I saw you posted in rant thread after I had asked here.

Last edited:
survived doctor appointment, lol, the guy wanted to give me 4 pills at first LOLOLO that will get me through half of one flight....
finally explained to him that I will be there 2 weeks and 4 flights and he gave me enough, plus some other pills for sleeping if I need them. Looked it up LOL again, it's basically prescription strength Benadryl...if that was good enough to fix my anxiety I would have tried that years ago.....whatever, I just need to get through the 2 week trip
this is a new doctor, old one left. He asked too many questions like to start "when was your last momogram" ? I told him never. I don't do cancer checks of any kind and don't plan on getting it treated if I get any. My choice. Less money for the doctor so his reply " oh" and ' I have to ask you that" ...

heating up lunch I cooked yesterday, after all that doctor stress and exposure to germs I had a few shots of vodka....

@hashbrown i tell ya what your kid is something else...he scared the crap out of you with the jeep and driving it and decided he liked/wanted the truck instead....NOW...hes coming in at asphalt landing a fragile airplane...do you watch him take off or land the thing?

Animal chores, and constant funeral phone calls this morning. Went to the amish deli and ordered the meat and cheese platters for next week's funeral. Friends of the family are coming by with a rose bush that my sis and I can plant in mom's honor. She said it was beautiful and prickly, like mom. Little granddaughter has spring concert at her school tonight. Husband is not well enough to go, but I'll go.

Latest posts

Back