Whats for dinner 2023

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1695141951991.jpeg

Ok, guess it's the same then.

Still leftover chicken from the Matzo Ball soup. 2 meals of that.
Frying it up for Quesadillas tonight.
Probably enough left over for a lunch tomorrow 5lb chicken can go a long way for the 2 of us

Tonight, wild caught salmon, wild caught cod in the foil packets with lemon slices, herbs n seasonings, A NY strip steak, some chicken breasts, which ended up throwing bbq sauce on. Brussel sprouts, asparagus...I'm hooked on the open wood fire pit! But I also cooked a big pot of collard greens, then threw them in iron skillet with bacon grease..forgot to take pic of that..

Attachments

• 20230930_170544.jpg
    15.9 MB · Views: 0
Idea for cooking Sweet Dumpling Squash (type of Acorn Squash). It really is delicious!

1697802350226.png

Ingredients​

• 1 acorn squash, halved and seeded

• 4 tablespoons butter, divided

• 4 tablespoons brown sugar, divided

• 2 cups dry bread stuffing mix, divided

• 1 ½ cups chicken broth, divided

• salt and pepper to taste

• garlic powder to taste

• onion powder to taste

Directions​

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
  2. Place squash, face up, in a shallow baking dish. In each half place 2 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 cup stuffing mix, 3/4 cup chicken broth, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Wrap each half tightly with aluminum foil.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until squash is very tender.

2 problems with Cheese Fondue for me.

I can’t find Kirschwasser. Other brandy substitutes have been over powering.

The tryptophan in the cheese puts me out quicker than turkey on Thanksgiving :).

Recently got a cast Iron Fondue pot have been experimenting with oil/broth meats.

Latest posts

Back