When is this global warming supposed to hit?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alaskajohn

Bugged out
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Three years in a row the winters where I’m at have set records for cold and snow. November this year, another snowfall record broken. As I prepare myself to head outside today to get in front of another snowstorm that is predicting up to 24 more inches I am contemplating needed to up my game. I currently have a nice Polaris Ranger and a Honda Pioneer with plows and heated cabs, but my Bercomac snowblower is mounted on a Polaris RZR with no cab and no heat. I will need to replace the Bercomac after many years of abuse on our rocky and steep half mile driveway. I’m thinking of a set up like this using Bercomac’s biggest blower. The snows the past few years have almost bested the 60 incher. A neighbor has expressed concerns that I could tip over with a tractor and even with chains, it might not make it up the hills. I have no real issue with my ATVs but it is dicey. He is suggesting a tracked bobcat, but tracks will just kick up more rocks further abusing the snow blower. And I do need a tractor. Looks like a set up like below is in my future. But not in time for this winter.

Oh well, -30 below now with the wind chill. Heading out shortly to do battle with the snow and wind.

When is that global warming supposed to get here?

IMG_0028.jpeg

They don't call it "global warming" any more. Because they're just guessing, and have no idea if things are going to warm up or cool down or stay the same.

Now they use the generic term "climate change". So they don't look so stupid when they get it wrong (again). Plus, "climate change" is related to "systemic racisim" as we all know (?), so that gives the term a double whammy of impact.

Three years in a row the winters where I’m at have set records for cold and snow. November this year, another snowfall record broken. As I prepare myself to head outside today to get in front of another snowstorm that is predicting up to 24 more inches I am contemplating needed to up my game. I currently have a nice Polaris Ranger and a Honda Pioneer with plows and heated cabs, but my Bercomac snowblower is mounted on a Polaris RZR with no cab and no heat. I will need to replace the Bercomac after many years of abuse on our rocky and steep half mile driveway. I’m thinking of a set up like this using Bercomac’s biggest blower. The snows the past few years have almost bested the 60 incher. A neighbor has expressed concerns that I could tip over with a tractor and even with chains, it might not make it up the hills. I have no real issue with my ATVs but it is dicey. He is suggesting a tracked bobcat, but tracks will just kick up more rocks further abusing the snow blower. And I do need a tractor. Looks like a set up like below is in my future. But not in time for this winter.

Oh well, -30 below now with the wind chill. Heading out shortly to do battle with the snow and wind.

View attachment 121141
You need to do your part and join in the protests to start drilling back up in Alaska :thumbs:.
We drill like crazy down here and have plenty of 'global warming':).
You should join @Pearl in her pool and have some beer when she is enjoying solid weeks of 108°F:oops:.
Anyone that is not 'liquid-cooled' vanishes quick in a puff of smoke...
:blow up:

I mentioned to sourdough i use to see these very old usfs buildings built from around 1900 and up to teens and then in 20's and 30's where huge snowloads happened. they all had steel plates inside and out with eyebolts and heavy cables running across on inside at top of wall where roof meets them. they were spaced...going on memory every 4ft maybe 6ft or so. It was to keep the walls from blowing outward once these huge snowloads got on buildings.It was on very tiny work huts to very large shops/garage type buildings they had.Along with 12x12 pitch roofs.

Thats a nice set up for sure.Just thinking out loud Carol Deppe says for the last 80 to 100 years it has been a mild agriculture friendly time period and we are heading out of it now.She bases it on history she researched for ag stuff and she is some type of phd'er something another.There is a reason historically folks didnt live in many of these areas or lived in them only seasonally.

Up your way they have been finding all these hunting points and other artifacts in melting snowbanks and it just shows at various points the snow levels varied from bare ground to 10's of feet deep.Also oral history with natives they know in area in late 1800's is when caribou left this area.I will try and find this show and either link it here or send it to you so as to not derail the thread.

View attachment 121141
When you get a tractor, be aware that the wheels centers and rims are typically two pieces (and provide custom offset), and that provides a lot of options in making the wheel track much wider than stock. Running your wheels way out wide, gives a lot better stability but limits how small a gap the machine will fit through.

We have timbered parts of our land, but anti-roll over stability on the hills is higher priority.....so we have our wheels set way out wide.

The best time to get the wheels set the way you want them is when you buy the machine - setting them up is best done with an overhead crane.

When you get a tractor, be aware that the wheels centers and rims are typically two pieces (and provide custom offset), and that provides a lot of options in making the wheel track much wider than stock. Running your wheels way out wide, gives a lot better stability but limits how small a gap the machine will fit through.

We have timbered parts of our land, but anti-roll over stability on the hills is higher priority.....so we have our wheels set way out wide.

The best time to get the wheels set the way you want them is when you buy the machine - setting them up is best done with an overhead crane.

i have fluid in all 4 tires on my 4x4 tractor too.

i have a set of chains that need a bit of modification to fit on front end. if i was going to buy chains i would get 'ring' chains. i have v-bar for my old truck and you can stop on dime on solid ice. the ring chain or studded chain is what runs on skidders.

I mentioned to sourdough i use to see these very old usfs buildings built from around 1900 and up to teens and then in 20's and 30's where huge snowloads happened. they all had steel plates inside and out with eyebolts and heavy cables running across on inside at top of wall where roof meets them. they were spaced...going on memory every 4ft maybe 6ft or so. It was to keep the walls from blowing outward once these huge snowloads got on buildings.It was on very tiny work huts to very large shops/garage type buildings they had.Along with 12x12 pitch roofs.

Thats a nice set up for sure.Just thinking out loud Carol Deppe says for the last 80 to 100 years it has been a mild agriculture friendly time period and we are heading out of it now.She bases it on history she researched for ag stuff and she is some type of phd'er something another.There is a reason historically folks didnt live in many of these areas or lived in them only seasonally.

Up your way they have been finding all these hunting points and other artifacts in melting snowbanks and it just shows at various points the snow levels varied from bare ground to 10's of feet deep.Also oral history with natives they know in area in late 1800's is when caribou left this area.I will try and find this show and either link it here or send it to you so as to not derail the thread.

You should start a thread and post that. I watched the first 15 minutes and I am definitely going to watch the whole clip later. Thanks for sharing it!

Back inside after 2 hours. It’s all I could stand.

Here is my conspiracy theory on that one: I think they are trying to hide that the world is running out of oil

There is no "global warming" , it's a myth. I know this for sure since some of my previous work as an environmental engineer involved statistics on climate.

So why do "they" try to convince everyone to stop using fossil fuels? There are only 2 explanations I can think of
1: we are running out of fossil fuel, and they want to keep their oil stocks going as long as possible, want to prevent panic

2: just for control over the population

Here is my conspiracy theory on that one: I think they are trying to hide that the world is running out of oil

There is no "global warming" , it's a myth. I know this for sure since some of my previous work as an environmental engineer involved statistics on climate.

So why do "they" try to convince everyone to stop using fossil fuels? There are only 2 explanations I can think of
1: we are running out of fossil fuel, and they want to keep their oil stocks going as long as possible, want to prevent panic

#2 is the correct answer. Covid and all the crap surrounding that is proof positive IMO

1. Umm, No, sorry. Perhaps 'easy to Get to' / easy to sustain Max (and rediculous-levels of) Profitability, but.. I'm quite sure there's Plenty-more where it came from. 'Peak Oil' is - yet Another - 'control crowbar' the Club of Romers / Sierra Clubbers, and Other factions of the NWO Cartel use for 'policy leverage' - Just like 'global warming' / climate-change, etc..

2. Yep, now There ya nailed it. ;)👍

@ AJ.. -30˚ below?? :oops: Yeesh, only been in that Once in my life, and it was Enough.. 'Booger-Popsicles' are not my cup of tea.. o_O

Here, sending ya a lil 'Holy Hand Grenade' to warm up a nip..

large.png
:)

jd

i agree with you mostly...like @SoJer though..its the cheap and easy and higher profit oil thats failing more each day. who holds much of more easy,cheap oil...if you look close...its up and coming conflicts....another thing to when katrina hit in 05 at that point according to official stuff back then 60% plus of our oil was coming from Venezuela. that place has been put on hold till the time comes we want or need it..my 2cents.the other place starts with a R...lol

i posted the 500 year thread and not posted my answer to it yet...and may never...some may pull their hair out and go screaming while others say elk be all crazy !!...lol

1. Umm, No, sorry. Perhaps 'easy to Get to' / easy to sustain Max (and rediculous-levels of) Profitability, but.. I'm quite sure there's Plenty-more where it came from. 'Peak Oil' is - yet Another - 'control crowbar' the Club of Romers / Sierra Clubbers, and Other factions of the NWO Cartel use for 'policy leverage' - Just like 'global warming' / climate-change, etc..

2. Yep, now There ya nailed it. ;)👍

@ AJ.. -30˚ below?? :oops: Yeesh, only been in that Once in my life, and it was Enough.. 'Booger-Popsicles' are not my cup of tea.. o_O

Here, sending ya a lil 'Holy Hand Grenade' to warm up a nip..

large.png
:)

jd

Good thought, but tonight it will be some of this. I have not had the double oak version. But it will have to wait as I need to go back out one more time right before dinner to push drifts, but I will be in the nice heated cab in my ranger. As soon as I get inside, I am going to enjoy,

1702253179998.png

yeah , maybe
, I guess we will see if we live long enough
We have hundreds of years worth of coal, oil, and natural gas and that is only the stuff that we have found. We haven't even started harvesting the methane which is another energy rich resource.

People that are poor, cold, and hungry are easier to control. They want you to drive an EV while they fly a private jet. They tell you that the ice is going to melt and flood the world, while buying mansions on the beach. They told you to wear a mask while having parties where neither they nor their friends wore masks.

barry came to Alaska to see the glaciers that global warming was killing. Nobody mentioned that those glaciers have been receding for thousands of years. Climate change? Certainly, that's what climate does. We've had three glacial periods. Someone correct me if I have the number wrong, it's been a long time since high school. The Great Lakes were dug out by glaciers. It is going to get warmer and warmer and then colder and colder. We'll all be dead before the glaciers are gone and the great-great-grandchildren of our great-great-grandchildren will be dead before the glaciers come back.

In ancient times they blamed everything on witches. they burned them at the stake or threw them in a volcano, all to control people. It's the same scam recycled in different wrapping.

yeah , maybe
, I guess we will see if we live long enough
I can help you out with a little history. There is a vast abundance of power under our feet that will outlast us, and the next generation.
Since I spent years down here in the 'petro-belt' in the past, when 'the Arab oil embargo' hit, they boosted the fuel efficiency of vehicles a bunch.
When people were perfectly happy getting 14mpg, later that went into the toilet and we took a big hit :(.
Then in 2016 gas was at $1.69/gal for years, petro companies struggled just to stay afloat.
Of course, when prices went nuts in 2021, 'somebody' shut down drillinggaah.
...If 'somebody else' gets into the white house and screams: "Drill, baby drill!" I can promise you that they will be going door-to-door here recruiting workers.
No 18-year-old glued to his Gameboy will be safe!:oops:
"You want a $60K/year job? Just follow me!:D".
And getting back to @Alaskajohn's post, we haven't even scratched the surface of the abundant resources up there:mad:.

Last edited:

I always told by Americans that there was enough oil in the ground for another thousand years, contrary to any other nationality that is.
when do you think the oil will run out? cant wait for the ordinary folk to panic and die off.

…And it just won’t stop.

IMG_0029.jpeg

There will always be enough gas and oil for the elite, it will be a century before we have viable batteries for the stupid zap-car-molotovs, so there will always be enough rare earth elements for them as well, I recommend everyone watching Elysium, it's the future they want.
Hungry, immobile, disarmed serfs don't cause trouble.

View attachment 121141
I had a rear mounted 7' snow blower on a 4 wheel drive 90 hp tractor. I needed chains. Also if there is a sharpish transition from flat to hill, at that point the blower won't ride the ground and will jam into the ground if you forget to raise the blower a tad for the transition. Not really a big deal but it will leave a few inches of snow on the road in those areas.

The nice thing about a bigger set up is that you don't create snow banks. My set up shot snow up to 50 ' depending on wetness.

Keep a big bag of sheer bolts in the tractor and don't shoot any of your buildings or vehicles with rocks; they will feel it.

Global warming seems to be more of a political ideology than a real thing. I have been hearing for the last 60 years that the polar ice caps were going to melt, and put California under water. I go to the tide pools in Laguna Beach near my family's houses, as I have the last 60 years, and those tide pools are the same level they were when I was a 5 year old boy, looking at my first starfish and sea anemones.

I had a rear mounted 7' snow blower on a 4 wheel drive 90 hp tractor. I needed chains. Also if there is a sharpish transition from flat to hill, at that point the blower won't ride the ground and will jam into the ground if you forget to raise the blower a tad for the transition. Not really a big deal but it will leave a few inches of snow on the road in those areas.

The nice thing about a bigger set up is that you don't create snow banks. My set up shot snow up to 50 ' depending on wetness.

Keep a big bag of sheer bolts in the tractor and don't shoot any of your buildings or vehicles with rocks; they will feel it.

I am constantly needing to raise and lower the snow blower on my current set up. I always have my finger on the winch controller. If I miss time it, I‘m fixing a busted shear pin. Sometimes all 3!

Not sure I would want to spend 2-3 hours backing up with a rear mounted blower! That would not be good on my old neck?

Yes, the blower is great for eliminating the snow berms! The Bercomac can fling that stuff a great distance. Certainly helps if the 30-40 mph winds are blowing in the right direction! Fortunately no wind today and in the 20s. I’ll likely need to blow snow three times today to keep up with the heavy snowfall

This guy has a video on the new plant hardness zones.
I looked at his charts, they are the same as the one I used in 1976.
Before 1976, I did not use a hardness chart, use Good Friday for planting seeds & Easter Sunday(which is March in 2024) for planting Transplants.
I used September 1 for Fall/Winter crops.

Global warming seems to be more of a political ideology than a real thing. I have been hearing for the last 60 years that the polar ice caps were going to melt, and put California under water. I go to the tide pools in Laguna Beach near my family's houses, as I have the last 60 years, and those tide pools are the same level they were when I was a 5 year old boy, looking at my first starfish and sea anemones.
Dad built our marina before statehood. There has been no noticeable change in sea level. The high tides are just as high, the low tides are just as low.

http://www.wunderground.com/maps/temperature/global-current
looks like the northern hemisphere is pretty cold right now and it's not even winter yet
southern looks not all that warm

I ask people that believe this nonsense to give me ONE location anywhere on this planet and prove to me that it is getting warmer there , they can't do it, because it isn't. They will tell you " oh , it's "overall" from all the temperatures But that's really bs, since you can't prove it. I ask for actual data and they show me some global temp graph, not any actual numerical date for any specific locations. There is no giant database anywhere that has all global temps from even 50 years ago , dataloggers didn't even really get started until maybe the 90s and those fail very often and you get crap data. Before that, there was literally a person going to a thermometer outdoors somewhere reading the temperature and recording it in a databook. Part of my job as an intern was to put some of this old data into a database in Florida for local records. Never mind records from places in Africa, India or China. Who knows what you got there.

So the climate changes from year to year in most places. In others it changes less. Nowhere is it continously warming. There just is no data to support that.
And even if it was, it might be a good thing, since you would have longer growing seasons on much of the planet

The media tries to manipulate us by pointing out those horrible storms everywhere , but they had hurricanes when there was almost nobody living America. You can tell by looking at the coast line, look at the Florida keys, the Outer banks in NC or the coast of Louisiana. It didn't just get that way in the last 100 years

Then they point out heatwaves anywhere there is one , but again, there have been deserts for a million years
They point out tornados and floods, again been going on forever. There are more people living on the coasts now, so year of course there is more damage during a storm there. It never ends with the BS. And some of the government bureaucrats support it because they are expected to support it, and they get paid based on it. If they told the truth ( weather changes , climate changes continously and there is nothing we can do about it, and we are not very good at predicting it either) they would be out of a job. It's corruption , just like the rest of the government

Rant over, don't know why I bother, the people that want to believe this crap are not going to change their mind anyway

I ask people that believe this nonsense to give me ONE location anywhere on this planet and prove to me that it is getting warmer there , they can't do it, because it isn't. They will tell you " oh , it's "overall" from all the temperatures
https://www.wwltv.com/article/weather/hottest-temperature-ever-105-new-orleans/289-f71b4fa1-46d9-49e1-abf2-fe0e49509740
August 27, 2023:
NEW ORLEANS — Sunday was the hottest day ever recorded in Southeast Louisiana, coming out of a record-breaking weekend.
Armstrong airport inducted the new record on Sunday afternoon around 3:30 p.m. The site has been recording temperature since 1946.
The weekend that culminated on Sunday, marked the hottest weekend on record.
Other temperature records were broken across Southeast Louisiana and the Gulf over the weekend. Saturday, Slidell saw a 108 degrees; and Gulfport, Miss., recorded a scorching 107 degree high.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back