When is this global warming supposed to hit?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Theres roughly 445 year left of coal at current rate...some experts and charts more or less..but a good middle of road figure.

i know mines be it underground,pit or strip do run out of resources. its just how it is..deposits run out.theres various mines in my area no longer have anything left to extract and been this way for decades now.

we know oil wells go dry.its a thing...i know a local oil guy works rigs and such he told me some things once i would never put to type.

its reason i picked the date for the 500 year thread...many many many wells,oil fields,resources and more will be depleted by then. is there more..maybe maybe not. but point being is theres going to be way less..i am not sure about this methane deal and if it will ever be a thing.

theres one key point to all this in my opinion and wont put it here.if i do i will post in 500 year thread.

i remember in the 70's being told its getting colder @havasu

if we have an event for the 2-3 years like in early 1800's...little ice age...i think it was 1814-17ish...people will freak out and there will be some starvation or at very least no fat folks.

@sonya123 said: "I ask people that believe this nonsense to give me ONE location anywhere on this planet and prove to me that it is getting warmer there , they can't do it, because it isn't."

You should spend more time in our "Weather Thread" :).
Real people (members), report accurate readings there:
https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/weather-in-your-area.3059/post-577561

one record this century is NOT "global warming". This winter it might be -20 there or next year it might be below average all summer
that's the point , you have to be able to show a long term TREND that it keeps getting warmer. Write down the monthly temps for New Orleans this year, and next year and see if the average changed ( but you would really have to do this for many years)
I lived in Florida for 30 years and it did NOT get hotter. We had some years that were really hot, a few really dry, a few we even had a few snowflakes in winter. You can't base anything on a few hot days
( besides where was this measured? Near the black asphalt at an airport? )
It was certainly not hotter than usual here this summer, actually it wasn't very hot at all.

Theres roughly 445 year left of coal at current rate...some experts and charts more or less..but a good middle of road figure.

i know mines be it underground,pit or strip do run out of resources. its just how it is..deposits run out.theres various mines in my area no longer have anything left to extract and been this way for decades now.

we know oil wells go dry.its a thing...i know a local oil guy works rigs and such he told me some things once i would never put to type.

its reason i picked the date for the 500 year thread...many many many wells,oil fields,resources and more will be depleted by then. is there more..maybe maybe not. but point being is theres going to be way less..i am not sure about this methane deal and if it will ever be a thing.

theres one key point to all this in my opinion and wont put it here.if i do i will post in 500 year thread.

i remember in the 70's being told its getting colder @havasu

if we have an event for the 2-3 years like in early 1800's...little ice age...i think it was 1814-17ish...people will freak out and there will be some starvation or at very least no fat folks.
Your 445 years of coal is consistent with my sources. I feel confident that more coal will be discovered and other sources, methane for example, will be developed. Alaska, for example, has known, and undoubtedly unknown, resources of coal and oil. Technology is constantly being developed to find and extract oil from sites that were once considered impossible or unprofitable.

There're massive ice fields of methane on the bottom of the ocean being held in solid form only by the pressure. The obvious problem is how do you control the expanding volume of methane till you can get it aboard a ship. When it become a financially viable option someone will develop the technology. You will probably have to adapt natural gas appliances. Natural gas and propane appliances are already easily changed back and forth, I've done it.

here let me prove it to you:

I just picked a random date
July 1 2022 New Orleans

high 88 , historic average 91 , record 99

that means last July 1, it was 3 degrees colder than average

My point, a single day, or a few days or even a few years really mean nothing

https://www.wunderground.com/history/daily/us/la/kenner/KMSY/date/2022-7-1
2020 it had a high of 96

1946 it was 89 assuming they read the temp correctly and recorded it correctly and nobody made a mistake with the data entry to put it in the database

one record this century is NOT "global warming". This winter it might be -20 there or next year it might be below average all summer
that's the point , you have to be able to show a long term TREND that it keeps getting warmer.
That post directly contradicts your previous post :mad::
I ask people that believe this nonsense to give me ONE location anywhere on this planet and prove to me that it is getting warmer there , they can't do it, because it isn't. They will tell you " oh , it's "overall" from all the temperatures
gaah

That post directly contradicts your previous post :mad::

gaah
no it doesn't!!! Using actual weather data for New Orleans you can indeed calculate a trend , but the "global warming" idiots want to show you trends for "overall " temps on this planet. That doesn't exist. You don't know how to calculate statistics....

here

https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/cn/songbei-district/45.80,126.53
does this mean China is having a ice time? No, it just means it is really cold there right now

You would calculate statistics with trendlines using weather data for a specific location to see if it is warming. You can't just pick the hottest location for that particular year and say " see, it's warming!!" that's not how it works

Another thing if you look at the historic data for a city like New Orleans , or NYC, or most places in the US outside of Florida and Hawaii, you will notice there are HUGE fluctuations from just one year to the next. You can be 10 degrees under the average one year, and 10 degrees over the next. That would make the trendline flat ( no trend) , if you based it on just those 3 data points. Lets say someone wants to show it is warming in New Orleans ( .gov bureaucrat that has been told to prove it's warming) . All he has to do is pick just enough data points to makes his trendline go up, and maybe throw out a few low temp data points as outliers.
If I wanted to take the time, I could pick out very legit historic temp data points and prove whatever I wish.

I looked up our temps around here for the past 10 years for July 1 , and it fluctuates from 81 to 97 degrees ( all below the record of 99 btw ) and not going up. It goes up and down. The 81 was not the oldest and the 97 not the latest number either. You might get a positive trendline for the data but it would be very slight ( less than a degree) you might not either, I didn't calculate it. You would have to do this for every day of the year of course. This is all a ton of data to work with. THis is why it is so easy for the media to lie!! All they need to do is pick a really hot place that particular year and day and say " see" ! It means nothing but you can't disprove it either unless you spend a ton of time on finding data and calculating statistics

If you want, take all the data off this weather site or any of your choice and put it in a spreadsheet and calculate the statistics . Then you can tell me there is a definite warming trend in New Orleans for say the past 20 years....

Last edited:
I've got a 60", 24 hp Bercomac snowblower for my CanAm side by side. Heated cab, AC, power windows and several cup holders. Also have a 10' hydraulic front snow blade and an 8' rear blade for my JD 4×4 tractor, chains on all 4 wheels with calcium filled tires. I've got close to 3 miles of road and feeding areas to keep cleared. There's almost a 1,000 foot elevation change on our driveway. We get a lot of deep drifting snow in places and it's easy to lose my driveway. Every year we're snowed in for up to 6 weeks. I get the tractor, ATV's and our Jeeps stuck several times a year trying to get in or out of our road.

Global warming is BS and is designed for the ignorant and gullible fools to give up their standard of living and sovereignty. Climate change is real however. Climate been changing since the beginning of time, and Man has had nothing to do with these changes. In Antarctica we used to find fossilized palm trees. While drilling in the North Slope of Alaska its common to dig up parts of trees a couple thousand feet down. I've got a mammoth tusk that was buried under the permafrost.

Many of the glaciers in Alaska and Canada are actually growing. Some of these glaciers receive over 100 feet of snowfall each year.

I've got a 60", 24 hp Bercomac snowblower for my CanAm side by side. Heated cab, AC, power windows and several cup holders. Also have a 10' hydraulic front snow blade and an 8' rear blade for my JD 4×4 tractor, chains on all 4 wheels with calcium filled tires. I've got close to 3 miles of road and feeding areas to keep cleared. There's almost a 1,000 foot elevation change on our driveway. We get a lot of deep drifting snow in places and it's easy to lose my driveway. Every year we're snowed in for up to 6 weeks. I get the tractor, ATV's and our Jeeps stuck several times a year trying to get in or out of our road.

Global warming is BS and is designed for the ignorant and gullible fools to give up their standard of living and sovereignty. Climate change is real however. Climate been changing since the beginning of time, and Man has had nothing to do with these changes. In Antarctica we used to find fossilized palm trees. While drilling in the North Slope of Alaska its common to dig up parts of trees a couple thousand feet down. I've got a mammoth tusk that was buried under the permafrost.

Many of the glaciers in Alaska and Canada are actually growing. Some of these glaciers receive over 100 feet of snowfall each year.

I have one dedicated side by side for the specific purpose of winching out one of my stuck machines. I also have a 14 ton comealong that I use when the winch doesn’t. But I try hard not to get stuck and fortunately only twice this year at the usual spots.

Question, do you trust Can Am with the Bercomac more than the tractor with chains to not get stuck? My driveway resembles a roller coaster with two sharp S curves and two steep up and downs but mostly up coming up from the road. The neighbor with the D4 dozer did work on it a couple times in subsequent years when we first moved here and made it as good as it’s going to get. I need to have my RZR pedal floored going up hill with the Bercomac after I have used it to blow snow going down from the compound.

Yes. Sonya doesn't know that I am a 95% "climate-change denier".
I believe human activity has an effect on climate, but it is miniscule compared to other factors, such as volcano activity.
But it is obvious that the climate is changing... sometimes for the better:
Others have heard me boasting about this is our second year in a row with ZERO hurricanes:woo hoo:. Unheard of in the past!:oops:
Yes, I greatly prefer a couple months of 100°+ temps!:thumbs:

Last edited:
Yes. Sonya doesn't know that I am a 95% "climate-change denier".
I believe human activity has an effect on climate, but it is miniscule compared to other factors, such as volcano activity.
but did you get my point about the statistics? It;s just plain old evil the way they try to manipulate people. The meteorology pinheads can't even tell us what exactly controls lanina el nino and the jetstream ( which is way more of a factor in weather than an CO2 in the air)
Sorry, I guess THIS is my pet peeve

If you tell a lie often enough , people will eventually believe it

but did you get my point about the statistics? It;s just plain old evil the way they try to manipulate people. The meteorology pinheads can't even tell us what exactly controls lanina el nino and the jetstream ( which is way more of a factor in weather than an CO2 in the air)
Sorry, I guess THIS is my pet peeve

If you tell a lie often enough , people will eventually believe it
Yes, you just have to sort out the John Kerry/Al Gore 'panic-spew' from actual weather/climate info. Since I quoted the record 105° from August 27, 2023, I used your link to look up the month of August 2022.
The high for that month was only 95°F.

Last edited:
I still would like very much to know why exactly ( details) they are doing it. They have to gain something from it. RIght now they make money on oil company profits and not solar panels. I can't quite figure out why they are doing it. There would be easier ways to control the population than this elaborate myth

Laugh at me if you want to but I do believe in climate change. There was an ice age thousands of years ago and I believe the climate is always changing. This past summer was pretty hot nation wide. But I don’t think it’s happening quickly. The earth is constantly under change.

Last edited:
I still would like very much to know why exactly ( details) they are doing it. They have to gain something from it. RIght now they make money on oil company profits and not solar panels. I can't quite figure out why they are doing it. There would be easier ways to control the population than this elaborate myth
My thought is control through fear. NEVER let a crisis go to waste, even if it's made up.

I been wrong before, but it's ALWAYS safe to follow the money.

Laugh at me if you want to but I do. Relieve in climate change. There was an ice age thousands of years ago and I believe the climate is always changing. This past summer was pretty hot nation wide. But I don’t think it’s happening quickly. The earth is constantly under change.
You are right about the always changing part. Climate has always changed, over long periods of time. Always will. A year, a decade, even a century is a blink of an eye in the big picture.

My thought is control through fear. NEVER let a crisis go to waste, even if it's made up.

I been wrong before, but it's ALWAYS safe to follow the money.
Yes, it always amazed me that they didn't pounce on their soapbox citing our record high temps in the south, and screaming: "See! We told you so!!!gaah".
That would likely have persuaded more to join their side; strike while the iron is hot (pun).
But no, instead, we only hear that everybody needs to give up their gas stove:rolleyes:.
Even dumb rednecks were saying: "gas stoves have been around since the 1950's, if they were a factor, we would have burned the earth to a crisp, decades ago:mad:".

Weather increased in the 1980 to 1999 sense 1861.
But that means that it is cooler now than that time period.
" The record shows a great deal of variability; for example, most of the warming occurred during the 20th century, during two periods, 1910 to 1945 and 1976 to 2000.
Globally, it is very likely7 that the 1990s was the warmest decade and 1998 the warmest year in the instrumental record, since 1861 (see Figure 1a)."

https://www.greenfacts.org/en/clima...he record shows a great,1861 (see Figure 1a).

Laugh at me if you want to but I do believe in climate change. There was an ice age thousands of years ago and I believe the climate is always changing. This past summer was pretty hot nation wide. But I don’t think it’s happening quickly. The earth is constantly under change.
the climate changes all the time , no argument there. Its the CO2 in the air causing it that's a lie. Do you know what is in the atmosphere ? Less than 1% Co2, much less. So even if they tell you "it has increased by 100%, it's a really small amount. And the atmosphere changes based on elevation also of course.
My guess would be the earth axis wobbles and the poles flip at some point. Might be a life ending disaster or just minor stuff like weird weather we get in some places now

Weather increased in the 1980 to 1999 sense 1861.
But that means that it is cooler now than that time period.
" The record shows a great deal of variability; for example, most of the warming occurred during the 20th century, during two periods, 1910 to 1945 and 1976 to 2000.
and there really are no reliable records going that far back, they make this crap up. They might have some temp records for say London going back a hundred years but many other places on earth you have no idea what the temperature was and don't tell me tree rings....that is so totally not reliable

I agree with you, the earth undergoes cycles; its nature after all - The difference now is how much money is involved, how many more people are affected because they've built on flood plains, and if a couple of islands disappear countries will have to take the migrants.

I have one dedicated side by side for the specific purpose of winching out one of my stuck machines. I also have a 14 ton comealong that I use when the winch doesn’t. But I try hard not to get stuck and fortunately only twice this year at the usual spots.

Question, do you trust Can Am with the Bercomac more than the tractor with chains to not get stuck? My driveway resembles a roller coaster with two sharp S curves and two steep up and downs but mostly up coming up from the road. The neighbor with the D4 dozer did work on it a couple times in subsequent years when we first moved here and made it as good as it’s going to get. I need to have my RZR pedal floored going up hill with the Bercomac after I have used it to blow snow going down from the compound.
For several years I used tracks on my CanAm for winter. The problem that I had with tracks was they made it hard to make sharp turns with the snowblower attached. Plus I didn't have enough traction coming up hill on our road. I'd have to raise the blower, drive up hill, turn around and snow blow going down hill. I find it's better to leave the tracks off and just chain up all 4 tires.
I generally start out plowing our road with the tractor to try building a hard base. Then when the snow gets too deep for the plow, I'll bring out the snow blower. No matter what I use, I end up getting stuck somewhere on the road. Last spring I was plowing the slush off the road and the tractor slid off the road and sunk into deep mud. Had to call my friend out with his excavator to get me out. We have a section of road, maybe a mile or so, that drifts really bad. The snow will be way higher than the blower. It takes a long time to eat through that much snow.
Every winter is different, and every winter is a challenge.

Every winter is different, and every winter is a challenge.

Tell me about it! This year, the first real snow dumped over 2 feet forcing me to use the blower without a base. I did a pretty good job keeping the blower off the ground but still got to replace a few shear pins.

I have an excellent base now…

the climate changes all the time , no argument there. Its the CO2 in the air causing it that's a lie. Do you know what is in the atmosphere ? Less than 1% Co2, much less. So even if they tell you "it has increased by 100%, it's a really small amount. And the atmosphere changes based on elevation also of course.
My guess would be the earth axis wobbles and the poles flip at some point. Might be a life ending disaster or just minor stuff like weird weather we get in some places now
Yes, and if the 'climate-change nazis' were to tell the whole truth, they would have to list the billions of acres of trees, plants, and grass, and how many trillions of tons of C0² they suck up per day.
It would become obvious that mankind's emissions are barely a drop in the bucket in the carbon-cycle.

Last edited:
Tell me about it! This year, the first real snow dumped over 2 feet forcing me to use the blower without a base. I did a pretty good job keeping the blower off the ground but still got to replace a few shear pins.

I have an excellent base now…
Last year I bought a set of heavy duty shoes for my blower. It keeps it about 4-5 inches off the road. I break a lot fewer shear pins now.
Our snow is so dry here that it doesn't pack until January or so. If we get our normal mid winter thaw the road will turn to solid ice. Its not uncommon to have 6 inches of ice on our road for a couple of miles.

Alaska weather. Probably start raining for new years again.
I bought an old 1959 case backhoe for work around the yard a ways back. It's got chains on the back tires. Its not 4x4. But would easily outpush my neighbors mini 4x4 tractor. Just more weight in the back particularly. And then I welded a couple ears in the bucket. Well my daughter did. That allowed me to install a snow plow blade. It can angle by hand but having 16" wings makes a great u blade.
It suggest you look at a backhoe that you can use around the homestead. I don't know what id do without except for a lot more work. Just a suggestion and you can find one with a heated cab fairly inexpensive. Compared to buying a new mini tractor. Just a suggestion.
Stay safe n happy
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year neighbor

Alaska weather. Probably start raining for new years again.
I bought an old 1959 case backhoe for work around the yard a ways back. It's got chains on the back tires. Its not 4x4. But would easily outpush my neighbors mini 4x4 tractor. Just more weight in the back particularly. And then I welded a couple ears in the bucket. Well my daughter did. That allowed me to install a snow plow blade. It can angle by hand but having 16" wings makes a great u blade.
It suggest you look at a backhoe that you can use around the homestead. I don't know what id do without except for a lot more work. Just a suggestion and you can find one with a heated cab fairly inexpensive. Compared to buying a new mini tractor. Just a suggestion.
Stay safe n happy
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year neighbor

I have had my eye out for sometime now for one with a heated cab on the resale market. One will come my way. Backhoe, bucket loader, a scrapper or whatever they call the item to work on the road in the summer, snowblower and snowplow. It would be in use a whole bunch. Very hilly/mountainous, so I would need to be careful. I’ve rolled ATVs, side by sides and lawn tractors on our property, but a big tractor will be a bit harder to jump out away from the roll.

Last edited:
Yes, and if the 'climate-change nazis' were to tell the whole truth, they would have to list the billions of acres of trees, plants, and grass, and how many trillions of tons of C0² they suck up per day.
It would become obvious that mankind's emissions are barely a drop in the bucket in the carbon-cycle.
and think about this, a lot of the oil is under the desert! It takes huge amounts of carbon based life forms and plants to produce that oil in the past. So obviously those areas were not always desert

Back