When is this global warming supposed to hit?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I jus had another thought and wonder if this has ever occurred and my question is aimed at anyone the may live near coastlines, especially if you have lived there decades and that question is, has your median shore line changed in all those years? The thing is one also has to take in to account that some coastal areas have land that is naturally sinking, like New Oreleans or other somewhat swampy river deltas.
Shore lines change regularly. The Princess has a place on lake Chautauqua where the shore line is in constant flux.

Ben

A few years back I remember a special on Antartica that showed areas exposed where ice and snow melted away and there was evidence that trees that had grown there, they found leaves like willow or burch. My thinking is that along the years there were changes to the earth, like polar shifts or a major change in the earths tilt. It seems to me that anyone living at that time couldn't have been running around polluting the planet with big SUV's, industry or camp fires, so what really is the major climate changer? Could it be where the sun may be hitting on the earth or it's strength, solar activities ??? What about the volcanos that rose up in the oceans to become places where people came to live?

If someone wanted to demonstrate some specific increase in global temperature, they would only need to include the right amount of heat island data in their sample set to achieve that outcome.

With so many scientists being on the climate change band wagon, those that fudge the numbers with heat island data do not have much risk of being called out on that.

THey have weather stations at all the airports, which are even hotter. Black asphalt, large air conditioned buildings and so on

ANd that is what I was already saying earlier, you can make any data look legit with fudging the statistics

we live in a rural area on top of a mountain, our actual temp is usually at least 5 degrees colder than the nearest weather reports for cities that report them
so our weather is not included in any sort of data
considering they tell us the "climate" has gotten warmer by UNDER 1 degree, the whole thing is bogus, what do they think a temp change of under 1 degree is going to do??? They do this because even they can't fudge the numbers enough to make it appear the "climate" has changed by say 5 or 10 degrees

I jus had another thought and wonder if this has ever occurred and my question is aimed at anyone the may live near coastlines, especially if you have lived there decades and that question is, has your median shore line changed in all those years? The thing is one also has to take in to account that some coastal areas have land that is naturally sinking, like New Oreleans or other somewhat swampy river deltas.
not in Florida
they would have to change all the survey points if it had ( since it starts at sea level)
There is such a thing as erosion, dirt gets taken some place and deposited elsewhere, so that is what you see when condos get washed into the ocean during a storm
but the ignorant masses believe " the climate change" is making it happen ....

not in Florida
they would have to change all the survey points if it had ( since it starts at sea level)
There is such a thing as erosion, dirt gets taken some place and deposited elsewhere, so that is what you see when condos get washed into the ocean during a storm
but the ignorant masses believe " the climate change" is making it happen ....
My aunt speaks of winter family outings where they would go to the Pacific coast to watch homes fall into the ocean, their foundations washed from under them by winter storms. She is 101. These are memories from the 1920's, not much has changed.

Not sure I would want to spend 2-3 hours backing up with a rear mounted blower! That would not be good on my old neck?
== ==
Trivia, I suspect, but maybe useful... I have had both a tractor mounted front snow blower and a rear mounted pto blower... Both were the same size, run on similar size tractors.. The rear pto blower would routinely out perform the front mount snow blower.. Yes.. Hard on the neck at times, but then I rarely had to clear the drive for any kind of schedule..

Not sure I would want to spend 2-3 hours backing up with a rear mounted blower! That would not be good on my old neck?
== ==
Trivia, I suspect, but maybe useful... I have had both a tractor mounted front snow blower and a rear mounted pto blower... Both were the same size, run on similar size tractors.. The rear pto blower would routinely out perform the front mount snow blower.. Yes.. Hard on the neck at times, but then I rarely had to clear the drive for any kind of schedule..

No way would I get a rear mounted snow blower. My back and neck wouldn’t take well to hours of that in a day. There is a bobcat dealer in town and I’ve asked for a quote with this plus chains and a bucket loader. Probably get a backhoe and a scraper too. Cost certainly add up don’t they!

1702750361419.jpeg

The nice thing about winter in Alaska, from a survivalist viewpoint is that rural residents need not worry about uninvited people showing up at their door.

Wow calling folks morons and stupid. Kinda getting a bit out of hand as far as having respect for others. Using derogatory terms is getting old. Maybe I'm just old school. But this is not necessary
We're kind of observant here and point-blank honest. We see stupid, we call stupid, then we point and laugh when it falls down six flights of stairs trying to steal a candy bar or grope a kid.

The nice thing about winter in Alaska, from a survivalist viewpoint is that rural residents need not worry about uninvited people showing up at their door.

I have a whole bunch of new security that fell overnight.

Looking at the road updates, the Seward Highway, the Richardson Highway and the Glenn Highway are all closed due to avalanches. Road crews will be working on Christmas for sure. One of the avalanches is about 3 miles from my place.

plenty of flooding in the world these days, thats part of climate change.

Everybody blames mankind. in the two-month COVID shutdown, global temperatures dropped 3 degrees. Earth snapped back so fast it was amazing!
Chernobyl has become a garden of Eden, Animals (and things) can live there fine, but by the time they've lived a normal lifetime and produced offspring, We've caught a life dose. In the grand scheme of things, mankind is just a cockroach in the gears of the ecosystem.

This has been the most mild December that I've ever seen here. Earlier in the month we had 1.5" of rain and a high of 42 degs. I've never seen it above freezing here in December before. Right now we only have 6" of snow on the ground and 16 degs. Normally we have several feet on snow on the ground by now. That's just weather and doesn't mean the climate has changed. Some people seem to get climate and weather mixed up.

weather over here is changing, we have hotter summers and wetter winters.
and more landslides.
the gulf stream has probably moved because of the axis of the earth and the pole changing location
I do believe some areas might have different weather from normal, but don't think it is related to CO2 in the air

so today it is actually average here. High of aorund 50 low around freezing

Climate is just the "average" weather for an area

I just read some article that they found some ancient civilization off the coast of Australia, now under water. There is still so much humanity doesn't know about this planet. They only have somewhat reliable records for a short period of time in history. There is also a lot of guessing involved. They find some old stuff, and build a whole story around it ( made up). Same with climate. They make a ton of assumptions you can't prove or disprove

It's due to the Hunga Tonga under sea volcano eruption. We can expect things to be very different for an estimated three years. Massive amounts of water vapor (an extra 5%) was injected into the atmosphere.
I looked that up, and according to NASA that eruption sent well north of 250 billion gallons of water up to 33 miles high. That could cause the massive snows we have seen in the Anchorage bowl this winter. Normally we get half our snow by 5 Jan. This year we have had more snow, before Christmas, than we get on an average year.

I had to cry uncle with this last snow of what ended up being 22 inches. A lodge about 20 miles from us has kept record of the snow, they say 117 inches to date. The snowblower engine blew Sunday but fortunately after three passes, leaving just enough path for my truck to make it down to the road. The snow berms are too high to push with a plow. I tried all day Sunday to move them and I failed.

We went back to town for Christmas with the boys. Heading back out today and will look for someone to hire with a bulldozer to come push the berms. Hopefully the plow trucks didn’t plow the berms to high on the highway so I can pull off. Gotta love it!

Weather is always changing. Nobody alive today will live anyway near long enough to see any change in climate.
This past August we had 3.5" of rain. I've never seen it rain here in August before. This December we had temps up to 42 degs and 1.5" of rain. I've never seen it above freezing here in December before. "Normally" we have several feet of snow by this time. This year we only have 6 inches of snow on the ground.
If these patterns kept up for the next hundred or thousand years or so, then we might say that there could be a slight change in climate.
Last summer was cooler and wetter than we've seen in many years, and this winter is warmer and dryer. It happens.

Latest posts

Back