Wiring help please

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy Toledo! That's a lotta jars!!! :oops:

I have several plastic coffee 'cans' full of hardware collected over the years, as well as two of those flat storage boxes. The coffee cans started out as metal, but they turned to plastic over the decades. Whenever I need a piece of hardware, I dump each can into a wooden tray and sort through the contents... most of the time I'll find what I need to pull some minor repair job, and that saves me a trip to the Depot. :)

If I do indeed relocate in the near future, all my carefully-hoarded hardware will be going with me... WTHeck, it's part of the family now, lol. ;)

Are there holes in the plastic where I put the arrows? If so then it is made to just shove the wire into the hole and spring tab will hold it and make the connection.
View attachment 87157
He is correct about putting ONE wire under the tab both will cause a straight short. That's meant to be a self grounding unit with the screw going through the brass tab in to metal of the body. The extra tabs are to run jumper wires to other lights in parallel with that light

Latest posts

Back