Would you like to play a game?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SheepDog

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
If you remember that line from a movie long ago I would like to put a new twist on it,
This is a game where you are a member of a group that has decided to write a new constitution that will eliminate the possibility of future government corruption and corporate control over a newly forming country composed of many smaller states that wish to come together for safety.

Since we will be communicating our desires this seemed like a good place to start but if it is better placed elsewhere so be it. Remember, this is a game and there is no current or historical law that we need lawyers for. This is a game about what ordinary people would do to insure their freedoms, liberties and rights as a new nation comes together.

Here is a basic outline:
This is a game:
You are the architects of a new republic that is replacing a corrupt government. Your job is to write a constitution that will control government at every level, protect the freedoms, liberties and rights of all individuals, provide for uniform distribution of power throughout the population and minimize greed, and power within the government at all levels while promoting free enterprise, protecting the rights of ownership to artists and inventors and provide for the education of all people within the jurisdiction of the new country.

I suppose that since government's #1 job is to protect the freedoms, liberties and rights of the individual we should start with that as the introduction to our constitution.

We the People of these assembled States hereby assert this Constitution for the future health of the republic and welfare of future generations of its Citizens, in order to correct the inequalities within our union, reestablish for our People and States their Sovereignty under the rule of law by the People, for the People and of the People, to ensure domestic tranquility, and enforce freedoms, liberties and rights for ourselves and our Posterity of the united, Independent, States of this union. Government has no rights; only a responsibility to the governed to protect individual rights. This constitution extends to and empowers each and all government bodies within the united States and its lawful territories providing the accepted governmental processes to keep the power of government in the hands of the governed while protecting the law as governed by this constitution.

Articles of Natural Law: The first article is statements of facts that are beyond the alteration or restriction by any and all powers.

1. Unalterable, immutable and inalienable rights of all citizens except while serving a sentence upon conviction of a crime:
a. (freedom of expression) To think and discuss any matter in any manner that does not restrict others from the same. To express oneself in any way in following with ones conscience so long as there is no interference in the rights of others.
b. (freedom of religion)

Good start. How a bout a clause to limit two terms in a city, county, state and federal office . Example: Mayor of city, then county commissioner, then Governor and last but not least either a senator or congressman but not both. --- 2 terms as Mayor, 2 terms as Commissioner, 2 terms as Governor and last, 2 terms as Senator or Congressman. Then out of political office for the rest of their lives. First term lets them figure out how to do the job. Second term starts them on the way to the next job. They don't get to stay in any political office long enough to get their hands in other peoples pockets.

Good start. How a bout a clause to limit two terms in a city, county, state and federal office . Example: Mayor of city, then county commissioner, then Governor and last but not least either a senator or congressman but not both. --- 2 terms as Mayor, 2 terms as Commissioner, 2 terms as Governor and last, 2 terms as Senator or Congressman. Then out of political office for the rest of their lives. First term lets them figure out how to do the job. Second term starts them on the way to the next job. They don't get to stay in any political office long enough to get their hands in other peoples pockets.
Great idea. Not only that but it gets rid of the people that corrupt the politicians coming in. I have seen one good man after another corrupted after coming into office.

Great idea. Not only that but it gets rid of the people that corrupt the politicians coming in. I have seen one good man after another corrupted after coming into office.

So true. A good man goes in gets a little power hype then power corrupts him till he is not the man he was before he was infected by the body politic.

We need term limits for all of them including the judges or especially the judges.
They have amended away the constitution. This nation is so far from where it was I wouldn't even know where to start to fix it. o_O:confused::mad:

I would like to see the benefits and pay for senator and representatives linked to that of the military. Not the generals either, but the enlisted. Same pay and benefits and medical as say an E6 or E7. No voting your own pay raises, no special privileges.

Last edited:
I would like to see the benefits and pay for senator and representatives linked to that of the military. Not the generals either, but the enlisted. Same pay and benefits and medical as say an E6 or E7. No voting your own pay raises, no special privileges.

That certainly works for me. They don't even have to go to a war zone, I will cut them some slack.

If you are going to have a government position I feel the wage should be the same as the median income of the people being represented.
I don't believe there is a solid way to prevent the influence of representatives by corporate interests. I feel the way to prevent it is to do away with all representative positions.
We have instant communication and informed people voting within a structure that pretests bills for constitutionality is the best way forward.
All bills can be started as initiatives with no interference from businesses or other groups. Only a citizen can begin the process and it will be sent to a constitutional court once it gets a valid number of signatures.

Now to continue the first article:
b. (freedom of religion) The right to choose freely any religion or no religion as each Citizen deems correct for themselves.The right to exercise their chosen religious path in spiritual matters in private and public places so long as their actions do not interfere with the rights of others.

c. (right of self defense)

a group that has decided to write a new constitution that will eliminate the possibility of future government corruption and corporate control over a newly forming country composed of many smaller states that wish to come together for safety.
Sorry to be a party-pooper, but I reject your premise: everything can be corrupted and we have ample proof of that.

There is nothing wrong with our Constitution as it is as long as we have honorable, informed, and intelligent public servants and a similar electorate. The only way to win is not to play.

Sorry to be a party-pooper, but I reject your premise: everything can be corrupted and we have ample proof of that.

There is nothing wrong with our Constitution as it is as long as we have honorable, informed, and intelligent public servants and a similar electorate. The only way to win is not to play.

Well I have a cure for that too. Put them corrupted into the correction as in prison and and then most of teh corruption will be corrected.
of course they all have get out of jail cards because we the peopel don't keep watch and make sure they go by the laws they insist we do.

Latest posts

Back