Yeehaw

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings from Alamogordo, New Mexico! Or darned close to it anyway... 5 or 6 miles south of town in a rural subdivision, aye? Not a bad place to live, mighty quiet, which is just the way I like it, especially on a Sunday, lol. 

I named my 12' Minifish sailboat the 'HEART OF DIXIE'---just so ya know I'm a Southerner at heart, lol. I sailed the length of the Salton Sea aboard that Minifish, roughly 30 nautical miles... I later sold the boat for a paltry sum to a dad who wanted to teach his kids to sail, right? Racking up good karma points, lol. 

Here's a link to a thread at this site which shows the 'HEART OF DIXIE!!!" Awesome little boat, though I'm really a diehard old school original Laser fan... 14' racing dinghy with a 76-square-foot mainsail, lol. Here's the link:

Sailing The Salton Sea!!!

And here's another link to some Baja island shots back in the heyday of Laser sailing, lol... 

Random outdoor adventure shots...

There are cool shots on both pages of that thread, you can scroll past the text to see the pics pronto, aye? 

Edit: Gotta tap that second link twice, clearing it the first time if the pics don't surface, lol... cool shots there! 

That second link wouldn't work but that's impressive you sailed that thing that far,!

Welcome from Alaska!

North East of you in South Carolina. Still have the family farm.
If you do not have animals as of yet, you may want to look at Joel Salatin.
His system is for fifty acers or more, but it can be modified for smaller farms or may give you a few ideals.
Anyhow, Welcome to the site, lots of good people here, with a lot of wisdom, I know they have helped me.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Joel+Salatin

Latest posts

Back