A Blast From The Past - Classic Ads or Images

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3mrwkqzdojuzzo.jpg

Jim

OH NO! that is Kaptain Kangaroo!

Bingo..

Mr Green jeans.
I don't know how long that show ran, but we sure watched it a long time.
I loved it when the moose was out and the ping-pong balls rained down:ghostly:.
Half the kids in America howled with laughter.

Last edited:
We in the Seattle area had a couple of local shows too. J.P.Patches and the Captain Puget show that starred Ivar Haugland who owned a big piece of the waterfront on the sound and land on the shore of Lake Washington. Ivar also owned all of the Ivar's restaurants.

The Lone Ranger! I don't remember how old I was when I found out the the story was based on a real man. That's when I found out that the real Lone Ranger was a black man.

Ahhh Ivers seafood restaurants. Remember them well but never ate at one. Just like Stuart Anderson's black Angus restaurants.

Our speed was more The Kings Table buffet.

I was on the Captain Kangaroo show. He was at the Woodland Park Zoo and we were standing way back from where they were filming and we wound up on TV. Big thing for a kid in the 50s.
I missed JP Patches by 1 day. He came to Children's Hospital in Seattle the day after we left. Had our tonsils out for Christmas. Thanks, Mom.
Ivar's has some of the best clam chowder. Black Angus closed their local restaurant last year and I haven't seen a King's Table in years.

Latest posts

Back