A Blast From The Past - Classic Ads or Images

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 44145
Great American that loved his country...

Jim
Did you see the movie? I don't remember hardly anything about it - except that I enjoyed it, and that York was characterized as more of an ignorant rube than I, a rube, thought was necessary.

Time to boycott Disney.

No egregious act is too old.

vmBbWpP62vM.jpg

How old is that picture? The guy in green fatigues looks like he has an M1 with bayonet slung on his shoulder. Not sure but it doesn't look like an M16.
Also, F.W. Woolworths went out of business in 1997.
Looks like some things never change. Rioters distroyed their neighborhoods then and they are still at it.

How old is that picture? The guy in green fatigues looks like he has an M1 with bayonet slung on his shoulder. Not sure but it doesn't look like an M16.
Also, F.W. Woolworths went out of business in 1997.
Looks like some things never change. Rioters distroyed their neighborhoods then and they are still at it.
The Pepsi Cola sign over the newspaper stand takes it back way before '97.
I think @hiwall was posting the similarities of how the recent race riots have sent places back where they were decades ago.
It's now the same as it was in the late 60's....again.
On topic, Detroit 1967:
180696068203291e318a2ced03551864.jpg

Last edited:
The Pepsi Cola sign over the newspaper stand takes it back way before '97.
I think @hiwall was posting the similarities of how the recent race riots have sent places back where they were decades ago.
It's now the same as it was in the late 60's....again.
On topic, Detroit 1967:
180696068203291e318a2ced03551864.jpg
My Father in law was sent to Detroit in 1967 with the National Guard. Said is was a hell hole. It's gotten worse since then.

The world knew her as "Aunt Jemima," but her given name was Nancy Green and she was a true American success story. She was born a slave in 1834 Montgomery County, KY... and became a wealthy superstar in the advertising world, as its first living trademark.

Green was 56-yrs old when she was selected as spokesperson for a new ready-mixed, self-rising pancake flour and made her debut in 1893 at a fair and exposition in Chicago. She demonstrated the pancake mix and served thousands of pancakes... and became an immediate star. She was a good storyteller, her personality was warm and appealing, and her showmanship was exceptional. Her exhibition booth drew so many people that special security personnel were assigned to keep the crowds moving.

Nancy Green was signed to a lifetime contract, traveled on promotional tours all over the country, and was extremely well paid. Her financial freedom and stature as a national spokesperson enabled her to become a leading advocate against poverty and in favor of equal rights for folks in Chicago.

She maintained her job until her death in 1923, at age 89.

Nancy Green was a remarkable woman... and has just been ERASED by politically correct losers.

[From Uncle Sam's Misguided Children - Social Media]

103483616_1332685913596295_8655772817786968966_n.jpg

Cpl. Agarn

View attachment 44701
The first radio I built in Electronics 101...was using these.

Jim
When I went through Navy electronic school we had to learn tube and transistor theory. It was a pain.
After 10 years as an Aviation Electronic Tech, I took electronics 101 at a community collage just for the VA pay. The instructor gave me the 3 girls in the class for lab partners and said don't let them blow anything up or electricute themselves.

Cpl. Agarn

When I went through Navy electronic school we had to learn tube and transistor theory. It was a pain.
After 10 years as an Aviation Electronic Tech, I took electronics 101 at a community collage just for the VA pay. The instructor gave me the 3 girls in the class for lab partners and said don't let them blow anything up or electricute themselves.
I assume you found where to connect the large ground terminal to keep them safe?
I felt obligated back then and did my part. 😃 They were all safe.
Some smiled:D

I assume you found where to connect the large ground terminal to keep them safe?
I felt obligated back then and did my part. 😃 They were all safe.
Some smiled:D
After they did their lab work they would look at me. Then ask, OK? Several time "I replied I wouldn't turn on the power." I asked them why they chose electronics and they said because it looked easy. They were wrong and 2 of the 3 change classes.

Latest posts

Back