A Blast From The Past - Classic Ads or Images

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rusty and Rin Tin Tin.jpg

Jim

My brother keeps sending me photos he's taking of Fred Flintstone on tv. Cracks me up he's watching it.
I used to enjoy watching this wicked old witch.
View attachment 51127
He's got it dialed-in!
We've been watching Looney-Tunes.
Need more Roadrunner!:huggs:

IIRC he was a fighter pilot in WWII as well.
Almost.
James Arness:
Arness' younger brother was actor Peter Graves. Peter used the stage name "Graves", a maternal family name.[3]
Wikipedia said:
Although Arness wanted to be a naval fighter pilot, he was concerned his poor eyesight would bar him. However, his 6-ft, 7-in (2.01 m) frame ended his chances because the limit for aviators was set at 6 ft, 2 in (1.88 m). He was drafted into the US Army and reported to Fort Snelling, Minnesota, in March 1943.[3] As a rifleman, he landed on Anzio Beachhead on January 22, 1944, with the 2nd Platoon, E Company, 2nd Battalion, 7th Infantry Regiment of the 3rd Infantry Division. Arness - due to his height - was the first man to be ordered off his landing craft to determine the depth of the water; it came up to his waist.[3] He was severely wounded in his right leg during the Battle of Anzio
His military decorations included the Bronze Star, the Purple Heart, the European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal with three bronze battle stars, the World War II Victory Medal, and the Combat Infantryman Badge.[8][9]
Not bad for a guy that we only saw shoot a fake gun, huh?
Like Eddie Albert, most of our stars back then were actually war heros.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back