A Day That Will Live in Infamy....

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cabin Fever

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In honor of those who lost their lives on this day 81 years ago, this is a picture of my Dad and his crew mates - taken at Pearl Harbor after the Invasion of the Marshall Islands. Dad is top row, middle, cocked hat.

Dad enlisted as soon as he could after the Pearl Harbor attack. He was 17 years old.
1670424576280.png

My grandfather was on a ship in Pearl Harbor when the Japs attacked, it was sunk. During the war he was on two different ships that were sunk.
A few years ago on Dec 7th I went to Pearl Harbor and visited the Arizona memorial. It was disgraceful and disgusting about the number of Jap tourists that were there.

In honor of those who lost their lives on this day 81 years ago, this is a picture of my Dad and his crew mates - taken at Pearl Harbor after the Invasion of the Marshall Islands. Dad is top row, middle, cocked hat.

Dad enlisted as soon as he could after the Pearl Harbor attack. He was 17 years old.
View attachment 99728
17 year olds today (heck 35 yr olds) can't take care of themselves! MOST young people, not all! HUGE difference in "what being a man" is about today! Americans were ALL FOR AMERICA back then!!

17 year olds today (heck 35 yr olds) can't take care of themselves! MOST young people, not all! HUGE difference in "what being a man" is about today! Americans were ALL FOR AMERICA back then!!
My father lied about his age and joined the Marine Corp at 16 towards the end of WWII. He went through the Korean War too.

My grandfather was on a ship in Pearl Harbor when the Japs attacked, it was sunk. During the war he was on two different ships that were sunk.
A few years ago on Dec 7th I went to Pearl Harbor and visited the Arizona memorial. It was disgraceful and disgusting about the number of Jap tourists that were there.
I wonder if Americans visit Heroshima on their day of remembrance. I doubt it.

I can guarantee you that their butts are still burning in Hiroshima and Nagasaki to this day, for making that huge mistake.:waiting:
Edit: The survivors had their DNA damaged, and their descendants still carry that damaged DNA today.

Last edited:
Indeed a day to remember..
My dad and uncles enlisted the day after the attack.. Dad was too old for the service, but was one of the first to be called up as it were.. In that with his engineering degrees, and steam licenses he was assigned to the Seattle ship yards.. Grandpa Gilbert served with the Marines in France in WW1.. His rifle sat behind the kitchen door on the ranch until I left home..

Latest posts

Back