A way to charge your cell phone

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this video and thought hmmmm. Why didn't I think of that?

Thanks Terrie, this is really a good idea. Just carry a 9 volt, cord and if your car doesn't have one a car charger in BOB . May work for radio too?

41524181_270683020228661_1057327348052918272_n.jpg

I can see making one of these into a kit. I don't think an Altoid tin would be deep enough to hold the car charger component, but there are tins that could. It will just take a little searching to get this together: tin, car charger, 9 volt battery, spring from a pen, phone cord charger. The cell phone charger will definitely be the most expensive part of this.

I like lantern batteries. They are six volt so you can use two to get 12 volts. You can use them with the plug-in USB chargers. I now own a lithium USB battery that I charge with either my computer or my clock that has charger ports built in. My flashlights are all LED units which use the 6 volt lantern batteries. The shelf life is a couple of years and they run for days of use. I don't own a phone that leaves the house so no need to charge one but my chronograph uses the charger instead of AA batteries. Both of my rocket launch controllers use six volt lantern batteries. They convert between 6 and 12 volt with a turn of a switch. The BIG rockets need 12 volt ignition.

Isn't it just easier to have one of those pocket chargers? I have several. I keep one in my purse, one in my car, and one in my desk at work. Each one can completely recharge my cell and my kindle. It only costs a few dollars, and has saved my bacon more than once when I let my phone run down. I can charge it from my computer, my car charger, or my crank radio.

is

This is similar to the one I have- mine is for a droid, though (same connector as a kindle).

Isn't it just easier to have one of those pocket chargers? I have several. I keep one in my purse, one in my car, and one in my desk at work. Each one can completely recharge my cell and my kindle. It only costs a few dollars, and has saved my bacon more than once when I let my phone run down. I can charge it from my computer, my car charger, or my crank radio.

is

This is similar to the one I have- mine is for a droid, though (same connector as a kindle).

I bought one of those on sale for under $3.
Very handy to have around.

is

Just some out of the box thinking. I have a couple of portable chargers. One like the picture and a solar one.

Latest posts

Back