Annoying theme songs that get stuck in your head!!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
I’ve been whistling the theme song from the Andy Griffith show. My husband tolerates me really well.
My husband and I tell everyone that the theme from Beverly Hillbillies is "our" song.

When anyone says "Listen".............he and I go into that song taking turns and keeping it going. I really don't know why, but I think it's always been "our" song. :dunno:

Also I think y’all did something because I hadn’t heard this song in about a decade and woke up with it stuck in my head this morning.

"No news" can be good news.
I haven't heard a word about, or from, my ex since the ink dried on the divorce papers 45 years ago :).
Silence can be golden (no news).

I couldn't sleep a wink last night. I kept hearing in my head, Lara's Theme from Dr. Zhivago. Over and over. It's not a bad song, but after the 27,000th replay in my head, I just gave up on sleeping and got up.
The whole point of popular themes is to get the very same brain endorphins flowing as with alcohol...drugs...sex...whatever. You will want to hear it again...hate as you may!

D
I knew Jerry Bock...quite well. He encouraged me to "lean into your music".
did you by chance know any of the dancers in the original Mary Poppins
To be exactly the dancers on the roof
Step in time. One of those guys was a friend oof mine

D

did you by chance know any of the dancers in the original Mary Poppins
To be exactly the dancers on the roof
Step in time. One of those guys was a friend oof mine
Nope. Jerry Bock was a friend of my dad's. I had Guest Seats on Broadway to see Fiddler. Front row, centre...seated with the Bock family. I was about 13 at the time.

Nope. Jerry Bock was a friend of my dad's. I had Guest Seats on Broadway to see Fiddler. Front row, centre...seated with the Bock family. I was about 13 at the time.
Same age as I was when I saw the movie The first year it was out

you are going to not like this one but Jingle bells...I REALLY hate that song when it gets played everywhere around Christmas
I hate any song that gets played over and over
This one makes me smile. I got in trouble as a service plumber we had radios (CB) in our trucks to talk with the office I keyed the mic and set it on yhe speaker while this played

you are going to not like this one but Jingle bells...I REALLY hate that song when it gets played everywhere around Christmas

Last edited:
I can handle those...
For me, it is the continuously repeating commercial jingles.
"...I have type-2 diabetes but I manage it well ...a little pill with a big story to tell".
To make sure you can never rinse it out of your head, they play it every 30 minutes ON EVERY CHANNEL!gaah.
...I have more:mad:.

That's the commercial for Jardiance, a diabetes drug, I agree 1000%. It is the most annoying commercial on television, and I see it a hundred times a day. I'm right with Backpacker. I can't mute the TV fast enough.

I don't suffer from this, but my wife does and i cant help but take advantage sometimes. all I have to do is give her a couple lyrics spoken in a monotone without context and her brain does the rest.

Some of the favorites in my arsenal are
"Oh where is my hairbrush" or more recently "shop like a billionare"

Latest posts

Back