Another new cat???😮🤔

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are beautiful!!
And this little boy I found to long was in October 2011 *Jack the Cat*
1709607070275.jpeg

He came to me he was so small and the other one I presume he was his brother
cuz I heard a *meow* while I went out after I did pick that kitty too 😊 lol
but he got the best family in a friend of mine she fell in love with him *Charlie*
Young
Here a pic of my *Jack The Cat * this year 2024
1709607169076.jpeg

Last edited:
May have just been passing through, may have been a dump off that got killed by coyotes, or maybe someone in the area got it and didn't feed it! I may never know!
Could be, I should unplug the community Cats cameras. PK, the lady next door will feed em when we move. We have 2 ferals and a stray, along with a couple cats that get put out for the night.

He hung around a while before retiring to the kitty tree house! An old kid's tree house we keep in good repair because the cats love it! I know some of you think I am taking someone else's cat, but I can take it and have it scanned and return it, but it will be right back here where it eats and is cared for!! Sammy came to me!!
Oh I agree wholeheartedly with what you are doing and I am saying little prayers for Sammy that he will know he's safe with you.

I see nothing wrong with feeding cats no matter who they belong to. I still keep hoping that maybe my sweet Predicate found a new home where he's happy rather than the alternative. I know its unlikely, but I can still think its a possibility to not be so sad that he disappeared.

I love how you've taken care of Sammy. Glad you saw Shmidty!

I see nothing wrong with feeding cats no matter who they belong to. I still keep hoping that maybe my sweet Predicate found a new home where he's happy rather than the alternative. I know its unlikely, but I can still think its a possibility to not be so sad that he disappeared.

I love how you've taken care of Sammy. Glad you saw Shmidty!
Schmidty was here again today! 😺 Not acting totally feral, but not ready to hang around yet!!

I found out where Schmidty belongs. People on another road but close by. I saw the woman outside squatting down trying to get it to come to her. I stopped, she said they got him from some friends with too many barn cats, he is neutered! They got him to hunt/ keep mice and stuff away. I told her she needed to feed him too if she wanted him to stay. So yesterday I noticed bowls and an elevated small dog house on the porch!👍 The cat was sitting on top of the dog house, guess he'll be ok!😃

Now for my next possible new cat🙀🙄! A beautiful semi long haired black cat has been around the past two days, may have been dumped, pretty sure it's a girl! The other cats don't seem to mind her coming to eat! She runs, but only into the edge of the woods. I'm calling her Fuzzy and just talking to her from a distance! Updates as things unfold!🐱

My shop crew appears to have stabilized for now, still way to many, but they are good hunters, often people think they won't hunt if you feed them, the exact opposite, when hungry the nest to conserve energy , of course you can over feed them also ..

If someone paid to have it 'fixed' it likely has a 'chip' inside it.
When you find time, get a vet to scan it.
Young cats do stupid things and it may have wandered off and got lost.
If it has been without food for weeks, it will be skinny (not the fault of the owner).
All of our cats are fixed but none have chips. I had a vet tell me once that vaccines in cats can cause cancer or tumors at the injection site. I have noticed that every time I take my cats for shots they inject them in the upper leg or shoulder. The thought is the leg can be removed if there is a growth or cancer. Plus cat vaccines are 3 year now. That means less shots.

Now for my next possible new cat🙀🙄! A beautiful semi long haired black cat has been around the past two days, may have been dumped, pretty sure it's a girl! The other cats don't seem to mind her coming to eat! She runs, but only into the edge of the woods. I'm calling her Fuzzy and just talking to her from a distance! Updates as things unfold!🐱
Pearl’s cat care instructions for idiots: #1. Feed cat. #2. Provide fresh water daily. #3. Provide access to shelter.
How hard can it be. Oh sorry this was in reply to your telling the other person to feed her if they want her to stick around.
I haven’t seen any kitties hanging around here in months.

All of our cats are fixed but none have chips. I had a vet tell me once that vaccines in cats can cause cancer or tumors at the injection site. I have noticed that every time I take my cats for shots they inject them in the upper leg or shoulder. The thought is the leg can be removed if there is a growth or cancer. Plus cat vaccines are 3 year now. That means less shots.
A 'chip' is not a vaccine.
It is an inert object inserted under the skin, nothing more.

A chip gives informations about the animal when you scan the animal
Yes, if she cares enough for a cat to have someone bring it back if it should wander off and get lost, she will have it 'chipped'.
Both of ours (that never go outside) are chipped. :thumbs:
Even if one should be picked up by animal-services, it will be brought back home :).

Yes, if she cares enough for a cat to have someone bring it back if it should wander off and get lost, she will have it 'chipped'.
Both of ours (that never go outside) are chipped. :thumbs:
Even if one should be picked up by animal-services, it will be brought back home :).
My Great Dane is never loose without me and before I got her she was registered and chipped

I have some of my cats even if they dont go out are chipped by my request when I went to the vet for sterilization ..just in case

I PETTED FUZZY!! I AM SO EXCITED!! Sammy, Annie, and Baby Cakes LIKE her!! Annie is mothering her, washing her face!! I'll try to get her to the free clinic this Friday!!🤞🙏 She is really skinny, not on her death bed like Sammy was! She has a full belly,!! Annie brought her up to me to be petted!! ♥️🐱 I don't need another mouth to feed, but she is here!!🙀🤔

I had two cats that were chipped. The chip somehow came out of one of them. Both of the cats got cancer. I don't think that was related to the chip though. However, one of them did get cancer from the rabies vaccine. She had her leg amputated but years later the cancer came back and spread to her lungs. She lived to be 16yrs old. The other cat, her sister, didn't live that long. She died way younger while my father was still alive. Vet ignored the lumps in her belly until it was too late.

I'll have to check the price on chipping cats here, but since we live out in the woods, I doubt anyone really even checks. Plus with 12 cats it could get pricey.

On the mouse-hunting, the cat who does the best hunting is one of our smaller cats who eats like a pig. She once caught a rat about the size of my foot.

Latest posts

Back