Another new cat???😮🤔

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought him off, every time she escapes, I promised him a beer when he brings her back.
Lucky me, she likes being a house cat. She's already earned her name, "Sugar" because she'll attack for a bite of anything sweet! I thought cats couldn't taste sweets? No matter, I had one that loved spicy foods, a couple more that are cheese freaks, so meh. they actually know the word!

I bought him off, every time she escapes, I promised him a beer when he brings her back.
Lucky me, she likes being a house cat. She's already earned her name, "Sugar" because she'll attack for a bite of anything sweet! I thought cats couldn't taste sweets? No matter, I had one that loved spicy foods, a couple more that are cheese freaks, so meh. they actually know the word!
I had a cat that loved green olives stuffed with pimentos.

That's great to hear 🙏 the ones that have showed up at the shop have both taken about 3 and a half months to feel safe enough not to
run when the Jeep shows up. Another 3-4 weeks till they realize this isn't a trap for me and he may not want to kill me. After that, you have a curious partner for life 🤣🤣

Found a half dead kitten in my yard this morning. I think it’s too late to save him. He won’t eat or drink…

We have semi-feral barn cats, occasionally they have kittens. I don’t bother with them… dad feeds them at the shop.. Anyway, this kitten had 2 siblings. Both drowned a couple weeks ago, it’s been extremely dry here. A few 5g buckets sit under the eave of a shed to collect rain water. Evidently they fell in a bucket trying to drink.

I saw this kitten crossing the hwy in front of the house yesterday. I think the mother abandoned him. This morning he was just laying in the yard, blow flies swarming him.

I brought him in the house, put out some water and tuna salad. Gave him a little piece of bacon, the grease will kick start his liver which kick starts his digestion.

Don’t want a house cat. Gonna put him back outside in a bit. I’ll take him to the shop, there’s plenty of feed. If he makes it… okay.

Found a half dead kitten in my yard this morning. I think it’s too late to save him. He won’t eat or drink…

We have semi-feral barn cats, occasionally they have kittens. I don’t bother with them… dad feeds them at the shop.. Anyway, this kitten had 2 siblings. Both drowned a couple weeks ago, it’s been extremely dry here. A few 5g buckets sit under the eave of a shed to collect rain water. Evidently they fell in a bucket trying to drink.

I saw this kitten crossing the hwy in front of the house yesterday. I think the mother abandoned him. This morning he was just laying in the yard, blow flies swarming him.

I brought him in the house, put out some water and tuna salad. Gave him a little piece of bacon, the grease will kick start his liver which kick starts his digestion.

Don’t want a house cat. Gonna put him back outside in a bit. I’ll take him to the shop, there’s plenty of feed. If he makes it… okay.
It's got a chance 🤞

I just took the kitten to the shop. Put him under a lawn mower on a pile of dead grass. I still doubt he'll make it, kittens can be fragile. He had ate a couple bites of tuna salad, don't think he drank any water though. So, it's up to him, plenty of kibble on the shop floor.

Well, he's back... on my porch in front of the door. Meowing...

Heard something clearly I was in doubt about earlier. The kitten has a respiratory problem, lungs congested. He made a sound like coughing up a lu-gy. Thought i heard it this afternoon but it was covered by the loud tv.

My dog Sam is confused. He's used to cats running from him. This poor kitten on the porch is following him around!!! 😂 He's got Sam completely discombobulated!! Funny as heck!!! 🤣🤣

The respiratory crud is not good. Might be the form of Herpes that cats get that affects respiration. Sometimes some lysine helps but not sure what dose is safe for a kitten. I hope the little one pulls through.
Any pics?

Well, he's back... on my porch in front of the door. Meowing...

Heard something clearly I was in doubt about earlier. The kitten has a respiratory problem, lungs congested. He made a sound like coughing up a lu-gy. Thought i heard it this afternoon but it was covered by the loud tv.

My dog Sam is confused. He's used to cats running from him. This poor kitten on the porch is following him around!!! 😂 He's got Sam completely discombobulated!! Funny as heck!!! 🤣🤣
Crush L-LYSINE and mix it in tuna or canned food for five days, 500mg.

The respiratory crud is not good. Might be the form of Herpes that cats get that affects respiration. Sometimes some lysine helps but not sure what dose is safe for a kitten. I hope the little one pulls through.
Any pics?
Peanut's new house cat is going to need a name!!😺

I can relate to the worry when a cat goes missing. It's a tough situation, and I hope the little one didn't suffer. You're right; at least you showed some love and care during the time spent together. And it's awesome to hear that you're a fellow cat lover! I recently had the chance to rescue a Ragdoll cat breed, and they are just incredibly adorable and affectionate. It's heartwarming to have a feline companion around. Let's keep our fingers crossed that the missing kitty finds its way back home. Cats have a way of surprising us, and sometimes, they come back when we least expect it.

IMG_20231120_161818912~2.jpg
IMG_20231120_161821584~2.jpg

Sammy is nice and fat now! His beautiful blue eyes were closed in both pics!! Still can't believe how emaciated he was when he came here!!

Latest posts

Back