Bordom and Isolation

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Walking here can be bad for your health, too many nuts let their dogs run free. Had a coupel pit bulls chase me on my bike a few years ago. But these dirt roads will really give you a workout.

Okay, here is me with my off center sense of humor today. I read that and thought about you walking along with a circle of fencing wire like a hoop skirt held up by shoulder straps so you could walk and the dogs could not get to you.
I know. Weird, but that's what popped into my head when reading that.

Wish you could walk freely and not have to worry about the dogs.

I like being out in the boonies. Its why we moved here so isolation is not a big thing for me. Just to get to the small town I live near is 25 mins ( depending on who you get behind) one way. It takes even longer to get to the larger town lol

I watch old tv shows on dvr's and movies and on tv, read a lot,crochet, listen to music, go outside and sit and listen to the world,play with the pups. Right now we're fixing up the house and getting rid of things we no longer want or need so boredom isn't a problem. I don't think it will be in the future either

I walk on my property because to walk on the roads here is dangerous. there are no speed limits so people fly down the road. Also there are curves and hills to pop up over so there is no way I'd walk these roads unless I absolutely had to for some reason

Okay, here is me with my off center sense of humor today. I read that and thought about you walking along with a circle of fencing wire like a hoop skirt held up by shoulder straps so you could walk and the dogs could not get to you.
I know. Weird, but that's what popped into my head when reading that.

Wish you could walk freely and not have to worry about the dogs.

LOL, it may come to that here I sit with a great pedal forward bike and I can only ride it around the property trails. And that is very hard pedaling in some parts of trails. :)

@Meerkat
Make one of those bike 'cars" only out of fencing of some type so the air can still get through to you. And a 2nd benefit would be putting plastic over the top and sides should the weather get drippy.

Good idea Angie except I'd sooner put a pit bull out of my misery than take on another project.:ghostly:

Hope all well with the family.:huggs:

I'm not all that social. I don't need that much interaction with people. Between chores, internet, chores, TV, chores, books, and chores I manage to keep myself entertained. I enjoy people but I just don't miss them when they aren't around. This time of the year I can't see another house and I might not leave the property for weeks at a time.

Someone once told me that bored people are boring. I took that to heart and when I find myself feeling bored I shake it off and do something.

Someone once told me that bored people are boring. I took that to heart and when I find myself feeling bored I shake it off and do something.
I have never felt bored.

I had a neighbor whose son liked to tell her he was bored. Then she would get busy and try to find something to entertain him.

When I was teaching, I heard what you said from colleagues, bored people are boring. I never bit on that for a child who claimed boredom from an activity.

I actually think we all have our interests. I find that I am interested in so many things and probably will not be done researching whenever it is that I pass away.

I used to tell my kids to get a pair is scissors and a ruler. Then I would tell them that I wanted the lawn 2" tall. They got over their boredom.

I tell bored children that I have chores for them to do. No one ever tells me they're bored anymore.
Younger children seem to like to do chores, but not so much as they age. I also think chores are more fun if they are not done alone. I always had a list of chores that needed to be cleaned up at the end of the day in my classroom. Chores were for a week at a time, and I liked to rotate them, when possible, but this was not 100% the way it worked. Sometimes things need to be tweaked. Some children really did not like some chores. One job was inspector to see that the chore was in fact done. Children would fight over wanting to do some chores. If it involved using a carpet sweeper, they would race to get it, but it was always the boys who wanted to use it. They were not as concerned about cleaning up as they were pushing that thing around. I would assign certain chores to certain children. A child who liked to drop litter onto the floor was assigned cleaning up all the litter on the floor. A child who left pencils scatter hither and yon was assigned pencil gathering. Those chores helped them be more aware.

Latest posts

Back