Cashless Society

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like the Bidens, you simply have other people pay for your stuff :thumbs:.
Which is exactly why they could give a rip if cash was gone or not. Unfortunately I don't have Ukraine in my back pocket laundering hard working tax payer dollars onto my utility bills, like the Bidens do.

The whole 'cashless society' push is simply to take away our freedoms and force us into slavery. I will not comply.

1676132679109.png

This website and the 'idea' behind it all so looks so darned innocent, doesn't it? It seems as though it's all voluntary and just a new offering to makes things run easier. Notice all the companies that have signed on, most of which are banks or credit unions? Gee, I wonder how long until it becomes mandatory.

https://www.frbservices.org/financi...21-announcing-pilot-program-participants.html
Just let the SHTF and find out that cash is the only thing that works. :mad:
Down here, everybody can tell you about that:(.
I use cashless for everything, but I can tell you, don't be caught with your pants down :oops:.

I was a beer drinker for many years. A real beer drinker, not some amateur.
Two six packs a day, every day. At least. Sometimes more.
And the people who drank like me could never understand the attraction of “light beer”. Might as well drink 3.2 swill.

when TSHTF we'll all be cashless!
Speak for yourself, my safe would disagree. Over $20K in it :thumbs:.
Since we practice SHTF whenever a hurricane blows thru, I can tell you that it does work.
And being an investor, I can tell you that it is an expensive prep item because it pays ZERO in dividends:mad:.

I could be dead wrong, but maybe lonewolf's point was that the cause of a SHTF event would be that cash itself becomes worthless. That's where some of my concerns lie and why precious metals and barterable items feature highly on my prep list.

I see a cashless society looking a lot like this:
https://media.gab.com/system/media_attachments/files/135/077/594/playable/c9a0d94056c976fb.mp4
It's a lot like how taxes work now, just more apparent. By the time people wake up and realize what's going on, it'll be too late. There will be no way to save for future uses with money that expires, which means there will be no wealth for the average Joe, no matter how hard they work or how smart they are with their money.

Let them eat cake.......but actually all you're gonna get are the crumbs.

I could be dead wrong, but maybe lonewolf's point was that the cause of a SHTF event would be that cash itself becomes worthless. That's where some of my concerns lie and why precious metals and barterable items feature highly on my prep list.
yes, thats my point exactly.
bartering isnt part of my plans, it wont be safe for a long time afterwards and most people who do survive wont have anything to barter anyway.
not all survivors will be preppers or homesteaders, most will just be ordinary people who survived just by luck and not being in the wrong place at the wrong time. they wont have much more than the clothes they stand up in.

yes, thats my point exactly.
bartering isnt part of my plans, it wont be safe for a long time afterwards and most people who do survive wont have anything to barter anyway.
not all survivors will be preppers or homesteaders, most will just be ordinary people who survived just by luck and not being in the wrong place at the wrong time. they wont have much more than the clothes they stand up in.
That's very true. I suppose the trick would be deciding whether or not helping them without recompense would be beneficial or not. There are plenty of people out there who don't know what reciprocity means. I'd help people I thought might get that concept, even without barter. But I suspect most of those people would die off fairly quickly, whether or not they were decent people.

That's very true. I suppose the trick would be deciding whether or not helping them without recompense would be beneficial or not. There are plenty of people out there who don't know what reciprocity means. I'd help people I thought might get that concept, even without barter. But I suspect most of those people would die off fairly quickly, whether or not they were decent people.
yes I agree.
a lot of people especially over here will die within the first month or two after TSHTF, very few have any concept of survival skills or have any kind of emergency stores.

FEDNOW is expected to launch this Friday. The way they intend to bring in CBDCs.
I hope it flops.....face down in a pile of fresh cow manure.

This concept is legit. I use plastic as little as possible b/c I don't like supporting the banks. They get a percentage of every plastic card transaction and YOU will eventually pay for it....either in high interest fees or in higher product/service prices, or both. Cash doesn't have that drawback.....and the banks don't like it......which is why I use it as much as possible. Cash is my middle finger to the banks.

Last edited:
The only time I use plastic is when they threaten to close my account. I mainly use either check or cash, but after this threat, I tend to use cash way more now unless it is for a big payment, then it's check. I do not buy anything online, but Hunny does on occasion and uses his card. If I do need something only available online, I will go thru him.

Latest posts

Back