Christmas countdown

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Completed panic-shopping today...early for me:rolleyes:. (I usually prefer the pressure of a deadline).
They are going to totally love what they're getting:D.
A new stapler, some bubble wrap, a single orange bath towel, undefined kitchen gadget (the last one!) a quart of motor oil, a can of tuna. . . Have I missed anything? Heehee you last minuter you - you probably saw hubby out too, nah too early.

A new stapler, some bubble wrap, a single orange bath towel, undefined kitchen gadget (the last one!) a quart of motor oil, a can of tuna. . . Have I missed anything? Heehee you last minuter you - you probably saw hubby out too, nah too early.
You saw my list?gaah

Needing to write down the Christmas eve menu and Christmas Day menu. I'm sure I've got all the important stuff.
Counting down the days for little granddaughter to arrive....3 more days! We supposedly finished EVERYTHING CPS wanted as of 6 a.m. this morning. It was an essay on how we would handle her if she became an addict or had mental disorders. Then they said they would process the paperwork. Not knowing if when she comes in 3 days, if she stays. But I bet you she stays. That would be our Christmas gift.

Needing to write down the Christmas eve menu and Christmas Day menu. I'm sure I've got all the important stuff.
Counting down the days for little granddaughter to arrive....3 more days! We supposedly finished EVERYTHING CPS wanted as of 6 a.m. this morning. It was an essay on how we would handle her if she became an addict or had mental disorders. Then they said they would process the paperwork. Not knowing if when she comes in 3 days, if she stays. But I bet you she stays. That would be our Christmas gift.
Hallelujah!

I'm still sewing,knitting, and crocheting for Christmas.
I don't buy very much for Christmas, because I make it.
But I got the important stuff for the stockings.
An apple, orange, candy cane, coloring book, or puzzle book depending on ages and a Susan B. Anthony dollar.
Because I want them to experience an old fashion Christmas like Granny had as a child.
And because they asked me about the "olden days of Christmas.
Son's ladies kids asked about my childhood Christmases.

Completed panic-shopping today...early for me:rolleyes:. (I usually prefer the pressure of a deadline).
They are going to totally love what they're getting:D.

e5ef77121766a61358f96a4c75ecc3b6.jpg

Jim

An apple, orange, candy cane, coloring book, or puzzle book depending on ages and a Susan B. Anthony dollar.
Because I want them to experience an old fashion Christmas like Granny had as a child.
Mo you'll be giving them something greater than any of those expensive gifts on their list and they will be far more likely to remember as well!

Finished another Christmas blanket today.
Am so far behind, but don't really care.
If it's meant to be I'll get done, if not that's good too.
Lest I tried.
Just got to hem the cape,put the binding on and the ribbon on it.
Got part of the "Princess" dress done.
Still trying to remember how to sew in interfacing, yokes, ruffles.
Directions make entirely no sense to me.
I now remember why I don't like to sew costumes on cheap satin.
Will post pictures in crafts sections if I remember.

Brought tears to my eyes. Prayers! and hugs!

I like your idea of old fashioned Christmas.
I usually buy the stuff for the stockings, but also take from stashes of prepping stuff (toothbrushes, lighters, etc). Daughter has a collection of stockings and depending upon who shows up, everyone gets one. Toblerone chocolate is a classic, chocolate coins, some packaged nuts, mints in tins, candy canes, Burts bees lip care. Oranges and apples are on the list.

We have already bought each other Christmas presents here and DH bought me -
- Two pairs of cool rayon pants and two really light cotton shirts.
- DH wanted some DVD movies so I got those for him.

Our slightly later Christmas present in the New Year will be air conditioning for the lounge room and bedroom in the home which we will pay cash for :woo hoo:. Hello cool temperatures inside the home we can't wait to see you.

Latest posts

Back